Large file transfer via USB

Guest firkinfedup

Guest firkinfedup

Hi there,

As I am without my card reader at this moment in time I am using ActiveSync and the supplied USB cable to transfer files to my new Sandisk 512mb card. Unfortunately this process does not want to complete, the most I have had it do is probably about 10% of a 250mb file before it either restarts or stops completely.

Has anyone else tried doing this or know of any other software that I can run to do this? what about some kind of FTP app that transfers in smaller chunks? Though I have no idea what the problem is.

Cheers in advance!!

Nick.

Guest firkinfedup

I think (not positive) what the phone actually does is pass the data onto the phone before it puts it into the memory card, so it's not as straight forward as it seems. This probably means the lousy file transfer is down to the software in the phone not buffering correctly, does anyone know of any apps for smartphone 2003 that enable you to use file transfer via the serial port and place the file where you like?

If this isn't available maybe I should work on one, as I would like some form of reliable file transfer without having to take the card out.....

Anyway, cheers for any help in advance again.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pierre
I think (not positive) what the phone actually does is pass the data onto the phone before it puts it into the memory card, so it's not as straight forward as it seems.  This probably means the lousy file transfer is down to the software in the phone not buffering correctly, does anyone know of any apps for smartphone 2003 that enable you to use file transfer via the serial port and place the file where you like?

If this isn't available maybe I should work on one, as I would like some form of reliable file transfer without having to take the card out.....

Anyway, cheers for any help in advance again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, any app that does the job? Got same problem here