Guest tudor

[451]apple_screenshots.gif

File Name :: Apple Theme

Author :: tudor

Category :: Computer

Description ::

Smartphone theme based on Apple OS.

Current version will install 2 home screens:

Apple Weather, which displays the weather forecast (requires Fizz Traveller 2 plug-in)

Apple Smart Monitor, which displays memory/battery/storage information (requires SmartMonitor plug-in).

You can select either one from Settings -> Home Screen.

To download/purchase Fizz Traveller 2 go to http://www.fizzsoftware.com/smartphone/fiz...eller/index.htm.

To download for free SmartMonitor go to http://www.smartphinger.co.uk/SmartMonitor/.

Thanks to Lemac for an initial version of the SmartMonitor XML.

Updated Sat, Mar 19 2005 12:57 am

View File

Edited by tudor

Guest j0ebeer

Great screen but could you make a version with a smaller font for the clock? It all looks great except the clock font is to large for the area given.

Edited by j0ebeer

Guest tudor

Thanks j0ebeer. I've modified the file to show the date in short form (14/03/2005 for UK, 03/14/2005 for US), so it doesn't overlap with the clock. I believe the clock looks better bigger, so it's easy to see it. If you want a version with a small clock, I can post it here, but please try the updated version first (same download).

Guest gk1402

This is a great theme! However I have two questions:

1) I have a Motorola MPx220 which displays the text entry mode in the top bar (which has the battery and signal level, etc.) but for some reason the text entry mode shows up white, which is really hard to read on that background. Is it possible to modify it so the text entry mode shows up black just like everything else?

2) I have Fizz Traveller 2.1 installed on my phone, but the weather information doesn't show up on my homescreen, did I forget to do something? How do I get the weather info to show up?

Thanks so much!

Guest tudor
This is a great theme!  However I have two questions:

1) I have a Motorola MPx220 which displays the text entry mode in the top bar (which has the battery and signal level, etc.) but for some reason the text entry mode shows up white, which is really hard to read on that background.  Is it possible to modify it so the text entry mode shows up black just like everything else?

2) I have Fizz Traveller 2.1 installed on my phone, but the weather information doesn't show up on my homescreen, did I forget to do something?  How do I get the weather info to show up?

Thanks so much!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks! Here are the answers:

1. Restart the phone after installing the home screen and it will show the text entry mode in black.

2. Install the home screen plug-in from Fizz Traveller 2 (setup_homescreen.exe) that came with the application.

Guest gk1402
Thanks! Here are the answers:

1. Restart the phone after installing the home screen and it will show the text entry mode in black.

2. Install the home screen plug-in from Fizz Traveller 2 (setup_homescreen.exe) that came with the application.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It works perfectly now, sweet homescreen! Thanks so much!

Guest jim.mason

Brilliant homescreen, on eof the best I've seen in a long time.

Even better with the change of the date format.

Keep up the good work.

PS Everyone should get Fizz Traveller, its superb.

Guest tudor
Brilliant homescreen, on eof the best I've seen in a long time.

Even better with the change of the date format.

Keep up the good work.

PS Everyone should get Fizz Traveller, its superb.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks!

Guest MrDSL

I have been looking for a theme that has colors that are easy on the eyes and still gives me vital info. This theme looks amazing but I just have one question.

For those of us not quite rdy to drop $20 on the weather plugin yet is there any chance you would do a homescreen where it just replaces that weather section with some smartmonitor info?

That block would fit smartmonitor info very nicely with like battery/storage/signal stats and would be a good alternative..

thanks

One last question for those of you who use the weather plugin, this plugin won't use data(connect to internet) on my plan right?

Guest tudor

The weather plug-in comes with Fizz Traveller 2, which is a great program, well-worth the money. It does not connect automatically to the internet unless you tell it to. You can use the pass-through connection and update the weather manually through your PC's internet connection, or you can set it to fetch weather automatically over GPRS if you want.

I've never used the SmartMonitor plugin, but I'll have a look on this and maybe I'll come up with a version as requested.

PS: The $20 include more than a weather plug-in. You should at least try the Fizz Traveller 2 demo.

Guest MrDSL

If weather is fetched over GPRS does that cost money? The program does appear to be worth the $20 bucs I just want to make sure I don't get charged any data thats all..

Guest tudor

It will get the weather forecast over GPRS ONLY if you tell it to. Otherwise it will just allow you to manually update the weather forecast through your PC's connection (by selecting "Fetch all cities" from the menu), and this will not cost you a thing.

GPRS costs money, but the traffic is small (here, in UK, it would cost £2...£3 a month for daily updates).

Guest ppcmd

Very nice HS. I am waiting for Fizz Weather 2.0 to come out and hopefully it has the same plug in. What features won't work with the MPx220?

Guest Lemac

Nice Homescreen Tudor :D

I don't have Fizz weather so ive used the Citytimes plugin and smartmoniter plug (still working on best view) but like it lots

Lemac

24 Beers in a slab 24 Hours in a Day 8)

Guest tudor
Nice Homescreen Tudor  :D

I don't have Fizz weather so ive used the Citytimes plugin and smartmoniter plug (still working on best view) but like it lots

Lemac

24 Beers in a slab 24 Hours in a Day  8)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks! Maybe you can post here the code for the SmartMonitor plug-in, as MrDSL is interested. I'll try it sometime myself, but it would be great to have something to start from :D

Guest tudor

As requested by MrDSL and with help from Lemac, I've updated the file with an additional home screen.

Now you get two home screens, Apple Weather and Apple Smart Monitor. Select whichever you like from Settings->Home Screen.

You can find the link to both plug-ins in the first post in this thread.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.