BlueTunes

Guest supbro

Guest supbro

[456]bluetunes_screen1.gif

File Name :: BlueTunes

Author :: supbro

Category :: Tools - Fun

Description ::

Use your Bluetooth headset to listen to MP3's with Windows Media player. VB.NET Source code included!

Updated Wed, Mar 16 2005 11:04 am

View File

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Hi Supbro, I have been trying to get this working for ages by killing CDIAL via the task manager and I have never managed to get this to work (yes I have read the other posts).

Unfortunately this does not work either as I assume it just automates the end task process.

I am using an E200 and a Jabra BT200 headset, does anyone have any suggestions :?:

Guest lighthouse82

Very nice, this is just what i and others have been looking for. cheers supbro! :D

to those of you who can't get it to work:

- turn BT on for both devices

- run BlueTunes, select enable

- press the button on your headset to toggle headset/phone speaker

- run windows media player etc

sorted!

EDIT: This works with C500 and Sony Ericsson HBH-35 BT headset.

Edited by lighthouse82

Guest Socrates

Awesome. I've been wanting this. Even though the sound quality in the ear piece is about on par with a 1975 transistor AM radio, it's so damned convenient. Perfect for riding a bike where it's a good safety idea to keep an ear free and cords all over are a definite issue.

I shudder to think waht this is going to do to battery life though.

Also, it seems like the speaker in the headset is crackling, and that makes me worry if using it this way will eventually damage it.

Edited by Socrates

Guest Socrates

How do you disconnect from it though?

Once I enable it, and press the button to transfer the sound, it seems there is no going back. Disabling it again does not end the connection. Pressing the button has no effect either.

Going in and out of flight mode will do it, but that is probably not the best method.

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Thanks Lighthouse82, tried those steps and still nothing.

I press the button on my Jabra, start Media Player and the sound comes through the phone speaker :D

Anyone else tried this with a Jabra BT200 :?:

Guest supbro

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all the feedback on my program! I have an Audiovox SMT5600 and I have tested it with both a Jabra BT200 and Nextlink Bluespoon AX, successfully. Dr_StrangeTrick is right, all this does is automate killing (and restarting) the CDIAL.exe process. I'll retry with the BT200 to make sure I'm not crazy when I get back from vacation on Sunday.

Socrates: I have had no problems connecting or disconnecting... I push the action button on the headset, it connects. If I push the action button again, it disconnects and the music comes back out of the phone speaker. easy!

cdial seems to be restarted by many different methods. If I get an incoming call, cdial starts. If I type a phone number, cdial starts. It seems like basically any normal telephone function starts cdial, which (imho) is how it should work.

Yes, the sound quality is about that of my dad's old record player (you know, the one where you have to turn the crank yourself) but it's convenient to go on a jog without any wires attached.

I would appreciate any feedback of which exact setup this does or does not work with, so I can put it in the documentation. Thanks!

-supbro

http://supware.net/?smartphone

Guest spenh

what a cracking program! found it it so usefull to be able to clearly hear the voice commands in tom tom mobile through my bt headset when bombing around in the works vans. sound quality for listening to music is a bit iffy though!!

works well with both my headsets, jabra bt200 and plantronics m3000

Guest grumpy_old_technobyte

Awesome program, ive tried doing the regedit to enable this before with no luck, ya made it very painless to work. Now I wish i had the BT stereo headset made my motorola (not released yet) or HP's. Im using SMT5600 w/ Motorola HS810 headset.

Guest k-weil

Thanks for the program. After a successful connection with betaplayer and bluetunes enabled I notice this.

I disable bluetunes and prompt a voice dial with betaplayer still playing. Then I cancel it and push the headset button, it is connected to betaplayer again. The only way to disconnect this is to toggle a voice dial and cancel it. Dou you have an explanation on this?

I use it with SPV C500 and HBH-600.

Guest babalui

i've tried with imate sp3, and sony ericsson HBH-60 and all seems to be good

Thanks very much

Is it possible to make the same thing with the pocket pc?

Guest supbro

I have an idea of something that may fix bluetunes for those of you who can't get it to work. I only have an Audiovox SMT5600 though, so I can't test it. Bluetunes searches for the "process list" for cdial.exe and kills it. On some phones, I thought cdial.exe may appear in the "task list" instead of the process list. If that's the case, I should be able to modify bluetunes to work with those phones. If someone (for whom bluetunes currently does NOT work) wants to try that on their phone, please let me know the outcome.

Here is a good program if you do not have a task manager on your phone:

http://www.binarys.com/download_en.asp

Also, for those of you who are good with graphics, I'm taking submissions for graphics for bluetunes. I need a picture for "enabled", one for "disabled", and one as a program icon. I was thinking something like the bluetooth "B" logo with headphones in front or something simple like that. I will be sure to give the artist credit. You can email any submissions to me at [email protected].

Thanks for all your feedback!

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Hi again Supbro, I know this is not really your problem but at the moment you are the only one who seems to be doing something.

I have tried the kill CDIAL (as mentioned on other threads) with task manager before but it does not make any difference. As soon as I kill CDIAL it re-appears however when I press Enable on BlueTunes and I press Refresh it still says enabled so that I assume is a good thing.

Now I don’t know if you came across this and I apologise if you already have. But it would seem to me that if someone can manually or programmatically trigger the process/event that sends an incoming call to the headset they would have this problem licked for every phone/headset going.

What do you reckon Supbro :?:

Guest gratefuled

supbro,

I would nearly kill, and certainly pay, to be able to use this new tool for smartphones on my I-Mate PPC-PE I-Mate JAM.

Can it be done? Are you interested? Please, I mean pretty please.

Ed

Guest yarod_g14

Hello all,

Nice app here SupBro-

Like other E200 users I do seem unable to get this going on my E200 when using a Bluetrek G2 handset.

I have opened Bluetunes and enable the service, I press the button on the headset and I only get the usual beeping noise, as if its waiting to be paired (i pressed the button once lightly-same if I hold)

I press home and open Media player through start menu and still doesnt seem to want to do anything......!

Are there any E200 success stories??

It seems everyone who has mentioned E200 has had no luck.

Thanks!!!

Update,

I installed task manager from Binarys.com and loaded it up. I listed the processes and included all system apps, when I look through the list there is no App called cdial.exe, I have just checked again in case I missed it but there dont seem to be any even near this name, there is a cprog.exe which I can see. As these are processes I presume they will be initiated on system startup but Im scared to end any in case they dont start again on bootup....

Im having a flash back to when I managed to killl VGAsave service on my PC ages ago and had to reinstall windows to get it back.....recovery console wouldnt let me save changes to its start up....

Thanks!

Edited by yarod_g14

Guest yarod_g14

Hello all,

Nice app here SupBro-

Like other E200 users I do seem unable to get this going on my E200 when using a Bluetrek G2 headset.

I have opened Bluetunes and enable the service, I press the button on the headset and I only get the usual beeping noise, as if its waiting to be paired (i pressed the button once lightly-same if I hold)

I press home and open Media player through start menu and still doesnt seem to want to do anything......!

Are there any E200 success stories??

It seems everyone who has mentioned E200 has had no luck.

Thanks!!!

Edited by yarod_g14

I too would kill for this app to work on my iMate Jam PPC-PE. I was accustomed to doing this for the past 2 years with my iPaq T-Mobile PPC-PE & the Widcomm stack that allowed "standard audio" thru my BT headset in addition to Telphone calls...what would happen if I just installed this smartphone SW on my JAM? Aren't the OS's sort-of becoming one-and-the-same-anyway? Thanks!

Guest spyda
Awesome program, ive tried doing the regedit to enable this before with no luck, ya made it very painless to work. Now I wish i had the BT stereo headset made my motorola (not released yet) or HP's. Im using SMT5600 w/ Motorola HS810 headset.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am using the SMT5600 with the Motorola HS820 but can't get it work work. I choose 'Enable" and play a song in media player but no sound.

..a-can you help me?

-icky

Guest Dr Who

Just to report that the C500 with iTech BT headset works perfectly. Sound quality is, as expected, appalling but I might be tempted into one of those multimedia headsets now.........

Good work superbro!

Edited by Dr Who

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Hi Yarod_g14 when you use Binarys task manager make sure you are on the process page then press Edit and then make sure that Hide system apps is not ticked.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.