• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

MoDaCo Ad Policies

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

We are currently undergoing trials of a number of different ad providers and formats, with a view to choosing one that best fits with MoDaCo, provides the best member experience, and of course provides a good return.

I would like to apologise in advance for any disruption while this is underway over the next few weeks, and would welcome any feedback members may have about advertising in this topic.

MoDaCo Plus members will of course continue to enjoy an ad-free site.

P

Posted · Report post

Paul, what about Google side adverts? To be honest, they were the only ones that got me to visit one of the proposed web sites. This is because they are indeed content-related and they are not obtrusive.

I can say about the intellitxt ones that they are truly annoying (they kill the looks of the page and they seem to take too many computer resources). Anyway, good that there are countermeasures for them :D

PS: Can I post here instructions on how to block the intellitxt ones? :D

Posted · Report post

No :D

P

Posted · Report post

Side adverts as in 'at-the-side-of-the-screen'?

That would take too much space I think and detract from the site experience too much...

P

Posted · Report post

Yes, on the right hand side of the screen. You are right, on small screen sizes it may be annoying, but anything above SXGA should be fine.

Have a look on Google AdWords web site.

Posted · Report post

The intellitext ads are awful. Anything but those please!

Posted · Report post

Paul, whyd you move the google ads to the other side??? I was just getting used to them being on the left?? ;)

Posted · Report post

There's your reason then ;)

P

Posted · Report post

The google ads are nice. Plain text and unobtrusive.

Posted · Report post

Ahh...back to the good ol' left side ;)