best text message tones

Guest gregbarton

Guest pd.ryder

Coolmagic - many thanks for The Who (CSI) tracks. I'm finding them a bit on the quiet side for my Vario II, even with the ringer vol turned all the way up. Can the amplitude be increased? I don't have an mp3 editor myself.

;)

Guest xtreme__boi
I can't download wav files at work so I can't hear any of those :wub:

I use this one though - a robotic lady's voice saying "Receiving incoming transmission" no idea where it came from.

I loved that one! ;)

Guest KillerQ

Hey all,

When using firefox, all of the sudden, I can't right-click to save as. When I do that, it only allows me to save index.html, or index.pho which is the redirect link. I have never had this issue. In the meantime, I unassociated mp3 files in firefox, so now, when I LEFT clock, i have the prompt to open with, or save as -- which is fine. The right click still won't work though... I even uninstalled quicktime. Odd...

Thanks in advance,

Matt!

Guest prophecygirl
Sad as it is, I use the 'grr argh' clip from the end of buffy episodes as my sms tone ;)

not sad at all, or maybe we both are, great love buffy loved this too

Guest asaness
I can't download wav files at work so I can't hear any of those ;)

I use this one though - a robotic lady's voice saying "Receiving incoming transmission" no idea where it came from.

im not sure if somebody already posted this

i think dis one came from starcraft. i think it was taken from one of the terran's mission briefing in the campaign.

Guest Coolmagic
Coolmagic - many thanks for The Who (CSI) tracks. I'm finding them a bit on the quiet side for my Vario II, even with the ringer vol turned all the way up. Can the amplitude be increased? I don't have an mp3 editor myself.

;)

Hi,

Sorry it's took me so long to respond. Haven't been on for a while. I've updated the volume using Audacity. Hope these suit you better.

Cheers

Chris

CSI.mp3

CSI_Miami.mp3

CSI_New_York.mp3

Guest OzButcher

Thanks for the links guys... I made a small collection of sounds for nearly all my HTC Touch Events including:

Beam: Auto receive, connection established, connection terminated, new sms, new mms, mms sending, mms sent, etc... the list goes on!

I made them using a text-speech demo of which a link was posted in a previous thread:

http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

It's a ladies voice and I also converted them to .mp3 to save on file size. Hope yas like em) ;)

CustomTones.zip

Guest crazybadger25

Just a few from my collection: (hope this works properly!!)

A good scream, will scare the s**t out of you every time!

scream.wav

Nelson from the Simpsons

haha.wav

Bart Simpson - Eat my shorts

Bart_eatshort.mp3

Homers DOH!

doh.wav

Cartman from Southpark - Kick Ass

101_kickass.wav

Stuey from Family Guy - Next 5 hours you'll be my bitch

famguy114.wav

Duke Nukem - Come get some

duke_comegetsome.wav

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deantskyline

wahoo cheers guys and girls I logged on today to see if anyone knew how to add new sms tones to the spv m3100 (its baffled me since I've had it) and thanks to this site I can now do it once again cheers everyone

Guest BigDanInTX

I think it would be funny to use the "BZZZZ!!!" from Chris Tucker in Fifth Element!! =-D

One's just the BZZZZ (from the airport scene) and the other's from the end (I'll leave it to you to edit out all but the BZZZZ). Enjoy.

CTImLeavin.wav

CTRubyBuzz.wav

Edited by BigDanInTX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest skezicks
Can anyone grab/convert the Krypton Theme from Superman (1978) ???

Or failing that how about the guitar intro for Spirit Of Radio by Rush?

This is a ringtone that I made myself and have used for a while and just seen you were looking for one. Im a huge Rush fan and if you are as well check out www.rushisaband.com and there is a section under media where you can download images and ringtones free.

Anyway, hope you like it.

Spirit_of_the_radio.mp3

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, this is the possibly the best thread ever !

I have been using the CT24 tone and tired nokia for ages.

Does anyone have any sony ericsson/motorola ringtones that they can upload ?

Thanks

Guest prajith

For SMS try these tones

Austin Powers - 'You got mail baby! Yes..'

austin_mail.mp3

My Favourite - 'Mailman Got your mail here'

mailman.mp3

Roadrunner - 'beep beep'

beep_beep2.mp3

'Master I've got mail for you'

gotmail07.mp3

'You're having new mail in your inbox'

newmail.mp3

'Your electronic messages have arrived'

your_electronic_messages.mp3

XFiles Tune - 'Your new mail is in'

xfile_mail.mp3

I hope you like them :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest John W Click
Thanks for posting this. I love it. But the volume was too low. So I opened it in GoldWave, doubled the Volume output on it and now it sounds awesome!

I really liked that one, too, but had to delete it due to poor volume. Could you please post your version of it with the amped up volume? Here are a few of mine: Text 4 is a simple water drop, text Lord is the "Reverend Jim Ladd" The alarms are professional sounding, and shouldn't attract undue attention.

Alarm_B.wav

Alarm_A.wav

Text_4.wav

Text_Lord.wav