.....A use for Gmail!

Guest confused and hungover

i think i actually found a use for Gmail, i posted this in the Gmail thread but i'm pretty sure that will get lost within a few days....

go to:

http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm

this program will install a new drive in 'my computer' you can transfer any files from your PC to this drive and it will automaticaly save them in your gmail inbox as an email. there's no real worries about file size because if you transfer 50 photo's or 50 songs, it will store each as an individual email.

obviously then you can label all related photo's or documents or whatever so it's easy to find. you can also create sub folders withing the drive on your PC so it's all neat and you can easily add and remove stuff.

this works great for me as i don't really use my gmail account for actual mail... this way i can fill the 2+ gig's with photo's from nights out etc.... give my mates the password and they can all look at the pics.... plus between us we've got hundreds of gig's of storage so the possibilities are endless

That looks nice! Much better than peer2mail - I will try it this afternoon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i've spent the last couple of hours backing up everything from my PC, i think i'm gonna need a new account soon........

be nice if they doubled the storage again :D

Guest Dr Who
cool, thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice little app. If you have a good broadband connection then it is well worth it. Nice that you can then access all your files from any PC with internet access.

Guest i_oWn_u

whats the most unsafest email- as in easiest to hack

and then was is the most hardest to hack

or is it all the same and i don't know what im talkin about? :roll:

:|

• 1 month later...
Guest flyswat

What do you intend to save online?!? If it's personal stuff then only a brave soul would have nerve to leave it online. I have been using this program a while and the only things I leave online are non-confidential work relating material, plus a back-up of some tunes.

Anything like a backup of my Outlook pst file and the like I burn to disc.

Remember if banks' security at times is dubious and they take security very seriously and spend a lot of cash on it (well you would hope they do), then how safe are E-mail suppliers.