Pimp your PC...

Guest AngelOfRage

Guest AngelOfRage

I got it from Overclockers.co.uk.

the case is a Lian Li V1000 and im well chuffed with it, the lights aint there any more but im thinking of putting 2 white 12" cathodes down each side and a white fan in it.

That ASUS case looks pretty cool actually.

Edited by AngelOfRage

Guest mike-oh

Yeh, i like (the PC that is)!

Get a nice neon/UV glowing fan. And for real pimp effect get some of those pointless flashing LEDs to go on your sticks of RAM.

And for those who can't quite make out the curtains (and may i add what lovely curtains they are) i've tweaked it a little ;)

post-1982-1114552403_thumb.jpg

Edited by mike-oh

Guest agent.m
I got it from Overclockers.co.uk.

the case is a Lian Li V1000 and im well chuffed with it, the lights aint there any more but im thinking of putting 2 white 12" cathodes down each side and a white fan in it.

That ASUS case looks pretty cool actually.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lian Li are a good make so my research has tought me.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Here's my Lian Li PC-6089A Case, getting on a bit at 18 months old but still looks the bomb and thanks to spending far too much on silent cooling, is VERY quiet ;)

Second pic is a rather grainy attempt at showing of my cool lighting setup ;)

Incedentally my housemate got a V1000 last week, looks nice but its BIG and all the holes means he can clearly hear his less than silent CPU fan :P

post-993-1114645294_thumb.jpg

post-993-1114645455_thumb.jpg

Guest AngelOfRage
Incedentally my housemate got a V1000 last week, looks nice but its BIG and all the holes means he can clearly hear his less than silent CPU fan icon_smile.gif

yes its not the quietest case, but i can slow all my fans down so its not to bad.

your 6089A looks pretty nice. i haven't gone for side window on mine as my cabling is all over the place ;)

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I've rebuilt my machine a dozen times and thats the neatest i've ever managed to get my cableing! Luckily my OCZ Modstream PSU has "modular" cables, basically you can remove them if the arent needed. It also means you can plug everyhting in then neatly weave the cables up to the top and plug them into the PSU last.

Cost of silent kit was prolly a little over £150 quid. That was for the silent running modstream, my zalman cpu cooler, a zalman gpu cooler for my (old) gfx card and a couple of zalman 80mm silent case fans

;)

Guest AngelOfRage

it only cost me about £800 (including monitor) as i got it discounted from where i work, i spent £140 on the new case, £22 on the little LCD screen and then perhaps another £50 on various cooling bits.

The specs:

Pentium 4 3.4GHz with a Gigabyte 3D Cooler

2GB of PC3200 RAM

Western Digital HDDs (250GB, 80GB and 40GB)

ATI Radeon 9600XT

Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum

DVD-ROM

DVD-RW

Lian Li V1000 Case

19" Flat Panel Monitor

Im pretty impressed with it, but i still need to upgrade the Motherboard and GFX Card at some point (when i can save the cash)

Guest agent.m

going off topic a bit but how about this for a desktop theme??

post-1806-1115310896_thumb.jpg

the asus case i wanted is out of stock :cry: theres a nice one at overclockers but its about £50 with postage :roll:

Edited by agent.m

Guest Chaser81

I recently tricked out my PC with all new sparkly bits but couldnt afford a new case, so I have green, red and blue led sparkly bits inside and you cant see them because my smegging case doesnt have windows on the side of it! :-(

Guest agent.m

angelofrage. I should have taken your advise in hindsight cause i still havent got my case!!!!! Its a right piss take.....sorry ;) Its just there was no indication of when its coming and who by. I thought my case would be sent by royalmail and they alway deliver between 7 and just after 9. and their depot is just around the corner from my house. Anyway tuesday Amtrak come while im at work. I had organised to come in to work at ten today so id hopefully be there when they came no such luck. Anyway I have now got to days to go collect from Amtrak depot in beeston somewhere just outside leeds city centre which ia a pain cause I finish work at 4 tommorrow then have to go four a meal in town at 5:30. I wont be shopping with Microdirect again :x

Guest agent.m

well it got worse. put everything into the new case and it didnt work. put evertying back in my old case and nothing worked again. Tried all sorts so had to buy a new motherboard and cpu. and bingo im back online. Tell you something thia asus case cheap plastic affair.But at least it matches my SDA 8) . will post a pic later ;)