• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Problem whilst viewing pages

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

An annoying thing has started to happen, evertime I view Modaco or browse the pages (using pc, w2k)after loading the page an i.e. pop up, appears and states something to the effect "cant open portal blah blah blah" clicking ok closes the page??

Anyone else experiencing the same problem??

Can It be sorted?

ta.

Edited by Bro

Posted

me too... been like it for a few days but isnt like it with every thread... thought it was my browser but it is only on modaco that the page viewing error occurs...

Posted

I'll look into it chaps...

P

Posted

I get a weird one on my works machine. Never get a chance to read the error but it suddenly goes to the usual ie cannot find page thing, which is odd as ie isn't meant to be loading anything. When I refresh it seems OK, 'cept I can't close the window without an error message telling me the window is busy. Only modaco. Nowt else.

Much weirdness.

Posted

Any update on this problem Paul?

Posted

Could you confirm it's ONLY on the Portal page?

Having trouble tracking this one down... ;)

P

Posted

Paul

not just on the portal page i'm afraid...

I will open a thread from the new posts page and IF it's going to happen ( not all the time) i will be a couple of posts into reading and then a dialogue box will pop up telling me that an error loading the thread page has occured and the operation is aborted. If i click OK, within a couple of secs the Page Not Available screen appears. If i click the red X in th corner of the dialogue box, i might get a little longer before the Not available screen appears.

From that page, i can try and click Back or Refresh but it doesn't always navigate from there.

It is happening at least four or five times out 10 and has meant i 'lose' all the unread post details more than a couple of times...

i hope this is similar to the problems others are getting... otherwise its my machine!!

Hope this helps...

Posted

Yeah, that's the exact problem I get, do you get an error message like this:

wtf4gq.jpg

It happens on all threads, and the portal, but it does not happen in the lists of topics.

It could be something to do with the adverts, because I'm not getting those adverts where certain words are underlined anymore, but that might be because I have to press stop before a thread has finished loading, in order to prevent the error from appearing.

Posted

yep.. that's the dialogue box. I dont get it on EVERY thread i view tho...

hmm curiouser and curiouser...

Posted

Do any MoDaCo Plus members experience this issue?

P

Posted

Still can't replicate it.

Any better now?

P

Posted

Still there...

Posted (edited)

I've just found this

This is a fix for anyone using HTMLarea with IE and who is getting the error from IE that says "Operation Aborted" and a "cannot find this page" result. Move the script function code to the bottom of your document (out of the head) and things should work fine. The issue is that IE often cannot load complex javascript that has a lot of client side rendering, so it will error during the javascript and not render the rest of the page. By placing the functions at the bottom of the page, it can still render it, but will then only return a javascript error rather than not rendering the page.
Edited by magical_trevor

Posted

Now?

P

Posted (edited)

It appears to be fixed! Well done Paul, lets just hope it doesn't come back..

Edited by magical_trevor

Posted

yep!! sorted!

thank you sir!! all back to normal...

Posted

Bad news... for me at least, this problem has returned, with exactly the same error message as before. Help?

Posted

Apologies... I am currently trying to work around this problem.

The previous fix was to disable a significant piece of reporting functionality... i'm now trying to make the reporting script coexist with the other site scripts (which is the problem)...

P