Handsfree headset compatibility?

Guest happytang

Guest happytang

Just out of experimentation today.

I do not currently have a Motorola branded or MPX brand in that case, handsfree set. As I have noticed though, technically all phones use a 2.5mm 3 pole adapter plug.

So, having a samsung handfree from before, I decided to go ahead and plug that in. When I plug it all the way in, there is sound, however it is so low that you could just say that it's not even there to begin with. However, pull it out about a pole length (.5 mm) and then you can hear something. In this example I was listening to music. After pulling it out one pole, I was able to hear the music of the song very clearly, but the voices/lyrics were just drowned out in the back.

Pulled out about another pole. Now I can hear everything nice and clearly, but one move of the plug in or out, and I lose something.

Is my headset plug screwed up, or does it simply not accept non-motorola sets as compatibly? If it is screwed up, can I fix it through opening the phone?

Damn this is crucial. I would prefer to go ahead and by a 2.5 to 3.5 converter if my input is not screwed up, but I guess I could also spend the extra money to buy a bluetooth wireless handsfree, which would mean I would be able to listen to music wirelessly. Nice thought.

Guest happytang

Sorry, as I am experienced more on the software and hardware on computers, pinouts and such don't really register as well in my head.

Reading that post, somebody said that I am able to cut off something?

And in what way is the pinout different? I would take it that a pinout basically explains to you what the poles are, and seeing as how most phones use 3 poles (correct me if I'm wrong) and the pinout shows 3 poles, than I have no idea what the difference is.

Guest awarner [MVP]

The difference between the MPX200 and a standard 4pole jack plug on other phones, is that the connectors are wired up differently. You would have to either buy an adaptor or alter the wiring on the plug or the cable at some point to get it to work correctly.

To save the hassle you can buy pre-made adaptors here

http://pc-mobile.net/mpx200.htm

Guest happytang

On another note, I am curious as to whether or not this bluetooth adapter for non-bluetooth phones works.

Does something like the Jabra BT200 work on this phone?

• 1 year later...
Guest chronus72488
On another note, I am curious as to whether or not this bluetooth adapter for non-bluetooth phones works.

Does something like the Jabra BT200 work on this phone?

well, no BT tech. can work on the 200 since it doesnt have a BT receiver, and the only way to get one on there is thru an SDIO card, which according to awarner, will not work for some reason, which bums me out cuz i want BT so i can use my laptop to leech a connection from a BT phone.