• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

WATCH OUT

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

when i click on the add on the main front page (the Portal link) to 'Biggest software Portal' to

http://freesoftdown.com/

I get a virus, inc a script that tries to run.

Thank fully blocked by Mcafee

DO NOT CLICK IT.

It wasnt a one off i tried it three times, each time i was attacked with a virus or two

NAME ani[1].htm

DETECTED AS: JS/Exploit-BO.gen

and

NAME : search[1].htm

DETECTED AS: Exploit-MhtRedir.gen

simon

Edited by Paul [MVP]

Posted (edited)

.lk

Edited by simonbratt99

Posted

If you spot anything like this please email and PM a member of staff.

Thanks

Posted

If you spot anything like this please email and PM a member of staff.

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oops sorry, did i do wrong? or was i right?

Posted

In the interest of safety, I have blocked that domain from showing any future ads.

In addition, I have contacted google to let them know about the issue.

Thanks!

P

Posted

It's good to let everyone know to play safe etc but if you can also alert us at the same time as we do not always get chance to read posts as soon as they are submitted.

Posted

I will let you know as soon as I have a response from Google.

P

Posted

I've also noticed some unexpected behavior on accessing MoDaCo. I get a new window, usually showing an adult site (can't remember which as I close it straight away).

I have run several adware and virus scans with spybot S&D, Ad-Aware and the Microsoft Anti-Spyware tool and have not found anything.

Is this related?

Posted

That's DEFINITELY nothing to do with MoDaCo! :shock:

P

Posted

Response from Google... (what nice people ;))...

P

Hello Paul,

Thank you bringing this to our attention. I will look into this specific site and take the appropriate action. Google is committed to improving the user experience on the Internet. To that end, we've created a set of principles around the behavior of software that we believe our industry should adopt, and that we're asking our partners to support.

You can review our standards document here: http://www.google.com/corporate/software_principles.html

If we find that AdWords ads are leading our users to websites using tactics that are inconsistent with these principles, we may choose to reject these ads. We hope that this will result in a more positive experience for our users.

Again, we thank you for your feedback, and will review this situation. We encourage you to continue to let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your Google experience. We look forward to providing you with the most effective advertising available. 

Sincerely,

The Google AdWords Team

Posted

Just to confirm, this site definitely DOES infect with a virus on load if not protected (I have double checked).

Eek!

P

Posted

..did i hear correctly? is it true there was a prize for the 1st person to spot a virus on Modaco? aww you guys are the best, AND generous too, i wont have a word said against you.

cheers

Keeps yer pekkers up, doin a good job there.

Si...