Additional Features

Guest rklosinski

Guest rklosinski

Here are a few bugs and features:

1) Have the font take on the same size as the other plugins. Currently, the font seems to be fixed, and its alot smaller than the other plugins.

2) Have it selectable from the keypad. Currently, I can use the 5-way keypad (on my Jam) to select all other plugins. PPCProfile is just skipped.

3) When PPCProfile is opending, scrolling between items using the 5-way keypad is buggy. At first, the UP keys has no affect. Then the down key goes 'UP' until the first item is hit, then start going down. At this point, the UP key now works.

4) Have a profiles time activated. for example, you can set a time range for a profile to turn the ppc to flight mode at night to save batteries.

Thanks

Rich

Guest bretto
Here are a few bugs and features:

1) Have the font take on the same size as the other plugins. Currently, the font seems to be fixed, and its alot smaller than the other plugins.

2) Have it selectable from the keypad. Currently, I can use the 5-way keypad (on my Jam) to select all other plugins. PPCProfile is just skipped.

3) When PPCProfile is opending, scrolling between items using the 5-way keypad is buggy. At first, the UP keys has no affect. Then the down key goes 'UP' until the first item is hit, then start going down. At this point, the UP key now works.

4) Have a profiles time activated. for example, you can set a time range for a profile to turn the ppc to flight mode at night to save batteries.

Thanks

Rich

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Rich

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into the bugs asap. Someone else mentioned the font thing as well but I cannot reproduce it. The fonts used should be what the theme is using but I'll keep looking at what it could be.

The other enhancements are in the pipeline and should be in the next release. There is a proposed wishlist in the other thread which will give you an indication of what else is to be incorporated.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
Guest scottb

Bretto,

My feature request is to have ProfilesPro either control the backlight/device settings, or select a profile, based on when I have my device plugged into a charging source.

For example, my Car profile keeps the backlight and device powered on. I select this profile when I plug the device into the car charger. It would be great if ProfilesPro could detect the presence of a charging source and give me an option to auto-select a profile, or keep the device on, when plugged in.

Thanks.

Guest bretto
Bretto,

My feature request is to have ProfilesPro either control the backlight/device settings, or select a profile, based on when I have my device plugged into a charging source.

For example, my Car profile keeps the backlight and device powered on.  I select this profile when I plug the device into the car charger.  It would be great if ProfilesPro could detect the presence of a charging source and give me an option to auto-select a profile, or keep the device on, when plugged in.

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi scottb

Sounds like a plan to me :) also when activesync connects I guess.

• 1 month later...
Guest happyhiker

Bretto,

I'm a PocketZenPhone convert, PPCProfiles is a lot more stable on my Imate jam.

But one of the features I miss is the auto profile switching. PPCProfiles only has three switches across all profiles. What I really want to do is Turn Car profile on in the morning, ie 07:00 as I drive to work, switch to Day profile until about 17:00, then go back to Car profile, until around 19:00. Then switch to Day profile until 00:00 and go into night mode until 07:00 again. Then maybe a different profile at weekends.

PocketZenPhone could do this with a complicated set of switches, and

PPCProfiles is much simpler, but only supports 3 changes. Any way this could be bumped up to 5,10 or more ?

Guest bretto
Bretto,

I'm a PocketZenPhone convert, PPCProfiles is a lot more stable on my Imate jam.

But one of the features I miss is the auto profile switching. PPCProfiles only has three switches across all profiles. What I really want to do is Turn Car profile on in the morning, ie 07:00 as I drive to work, switch to Day profile until about 17:00, then go back to Car profile, until around 19:00. Then switch to Day profile until 00:00 and go into night mode until 07:00 again. Then maybe a different profile at weekends.

PocketZenPhone could do this with a complicated set of switches, and

PPCProfiles is much simpler, but only supports 3 changes. Any way this could be bumped up to 5,10 or more ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes absolutely :o There is provision for a lot more than 3 just limited screen space.

I will make some changes over the next couple of days and post a new beta for you to play with if you like.

I also have the next beta switching on AC power perfectly. the activesync + AC power is a bit more tricky.

Guest scottb
Yes absolutely :o There is provision for a lot more than 3 just limited screen space.

I will make some changes over the next couple of days and post a new beta for you to play with if you like.

I also have the next beta switching on AC power perfectly. the activesync + AC power is a bit more tricky.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds good--looking forward to the next release.

Edited by scottb

Guest happyhiker

Bretto,

This is a great little tool I'm using it all the time now. If you are after other enhancements, a couple of options that would be nice for in-car bluetooth are:

Backlight/Power off delay different for different profiles, ie I want to have a 5minute setting normally, but for in car use I want 1 minute, currently I think you can only have normal(phone setting) or always on ?

Also, Auto pickup up calls different for differnet profiles, ie I don't want auto pick up normally, but for in car use, I would like to set auto pickup to yes to answer the phone without me hit accept call.

what do other users think ?

Nice suggestions there :o

I will look into how this can be done.

At the moment Im trying to keep the automated processes to a minimum. By that I mean if I can make changes to the registry to allow other applications to use the new settings I will include them pretty easily. But if I have to add another handler to the today plugin or tray app I will have to think carefully about it and how to apply it.

This is because each time these programs do a check it adds to the processing load on the PPC, battery consumption,etc.

Also I have to consider the impact on the device if its turned off.

Ill certainly check it out though.

• 1 year later...
Guest Stevev007
Yes absolutely ;) There is provision for a lot more than 3 just limited screen space.

Was this functionality(having 5 or 10 auto-switch templates instead of just 3) ever posted to be played with? I sure would like this functionality.