Improved Windows Media Player Skin

Guest tendomentis

Guest tendomentis

ss000.gif

ss001.gif

In this skin, the volume buttons have been removed to dedicate more "screen real estate" to the file information and the video. This skin was created using the PC version of Windows Media Player 10 for button image sources and colors.

Please feel free to give feedback on this or any bugs that you may find.

Instructions for installation are in the zip file.

WMP_Skins.zip

Edited by guardedthought

Guest ak73 pro a

Thanks for sharing I will try it 8) .

Edit.

I followed your included guide, but Media Player will not start up when I select it ;) .

Edited by ak73 pro a

Guest tendomentis

Edit.

I followed your included guide, but Media Player will not start up when I select it ;) .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you copy all four files to the correct directory? You should have copied three .gif files and one default.skn file.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tendomentis

Okay, so now a hundred downloads later, does anyone have any feedback or suggestions for improvement? Has anyone tested this skin on MPx200's running WM2002 and WM2003?

Guest mpx200_z

Edit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, me too...I also followed your included guide, but Media Player won't start!

I've got the motorola mpx200 with wm 2002 orginal rom!

I can see 4 files..but 1 is a hidden file(.skn file)

I did an hard reset on the mpx200 :D

So maybe you can repair this skin ???

But I think it's a nice skin if you repair..

Guest tendomentis
Yeah, me too...I also followed  your included guide, but Media Player won't start!

I've got the motorola mpx200 with wm 2002 orginal rom!

I can see 4 files..but 1 is a hidden file(.skn file)

I did an hard reset on the mpx200 ;)

So maybe you can repair this skin ???

But I think it's a nice skin if you repair..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The guide showed the directory path as \Storage\Windows\WMP Skins\ so I changed it to \Storage\windows\WMP Skins\

That is how the directory structure in the phone is set up. Try it with the corrected directory path and see if it works.

Also, I did build this on a WM2003 phone, so I don't know why it wouldn't work on a WM2002 phone. Has anyone here tried it on a WM2003 phone?

Guest xusso
The guide showed the directory path as \Storage\Windows\WMP Skins\ so I changed it to \Storage\windows\WMP Skins\

That is how the directory structure in the phone is set up. Try it with the corrected directory path and see if it works.

Also, I did build this on a WM2003 phone, so I don't know why it wouldn't work on a WM2002 phone. Has anyone here tried it on a WM2003 phone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not working for me...

and now I can't reverse it back. please help!

Guest tendomentis
Not working for me...

and now I can't reverse it back. please help!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Simply change the registry entry back to \windows\ to get the old default skin back.

I can't understand where people are having the problem. I've installed this skin on my brother's mpx200 and my mother's mpx200 with no problems at all.

Has it worked for ANYBODY else?

Guest tendomentis
Simply change the registry entry back to \windows\ to get the old default skin back.

I can't understand where people are having the problem. I've installed this skin on my brother's mpx200 and my mother's mpx200 with no problems at all.

Has it worked for ANYBODY else?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you guys remembering to soft reset your phones after installing the skin and changing the registry?

Guest mpx200_z
Are you guys remembering to soft reset your phones after installing the skin and changing the registry?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YeS! it work's...

default.skn is a system file and hidden, so that's the problem...

I've got properties plus , so i have scrabbed system file and hidden and copy to my device (motorola mpx200 wm2002 orginal) and he works.

Ooow.. and I also changed the name default.skn in wmplayer.skn

To see that default.skn is hidden and a system file click right on the file and go to optiones.

Guest tendomentis
YeS! it work's...

default.skn is a system file and hidden, so that's the problem...

I've got properties plus , so i have scrabbed system file and hidden and copy to my device (motorola mpx200 wm2002 orginal) and he works.

Ooow.. and I also changed the name default.skn in wmplayer.skn

To see that default.skn is hidden and a system file click right on the file and go to optiones.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oooooo....good point. In Windows Mobile 2002, the "default" windows media player skin is called wmplayer.skn and not default.skn.

SO, for those users that are still having trouble, under the registry entries where "skin dir" is, select the entry for "skinfile" and change the value to "default.skn" (without the quotation marks of course).

Let's see if that helps some users.

Guest mpx200_z
Oooooo....good point. In Windows Mobile 2002, the "default" windows media player skin is called wmplayer.skn and not default.skn.

SO, for those users that are still having trouble, under the registry entries where "skin dir" is, select the entry for "skinfile" and change the value to "default.skn" (without the quotation marks of course).

Let's see if that helps some users.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uhm.. I would say that I cannot see the file default.skn when i compress...So you have make this as a system file and it's hidden..I saw 3 files when I runned winzip..

I fixed this.. but when I restart the computer it's a hidden file again:S

Edited by mpx200_z

• 3 weeks later...

Working wonders on MPx200 with WMP 8 and Smatphone 2002. Absolutely fantastic improvement on the original skin! Good work man! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I have a Motorola MPx 220 with WM 2002 SE.

Can I also have this skin?

In my phone I don't have the "SkinDir" key in registry.

Sorry for my bad english I'm french 8)