C500 SimLock Toggling (Cost: £0.00)

Guest Zone-MR

Guest jrinco11

I just bought a new c550 off ebay, and I'm in the US -- I can't get passed the "carrier lock" screen, or if i take out my sim i can't get by the "invalid sim" screen -- so I can't install the .cab file -- any other way to get past this?

Guest hari-bhari

I have tried anything and everything I could find here on the site but I cannot seem to get my c550 unlocked for use with t-mobile usa. Without the simcard in, it says 'invalid or missing sim', and when i put the card in, it asks for the unlock code. what to do?? please help!

Guest dcoelho

Need Help to unlock a SPV C500 without the Orange SIM. Is taht possible?

I live in Portugal and I have bought a SPV C500 on ebay annouced as unlocked. Unfortunatelly is locked. So, I want to unlock it with the great tool of SPV developpers. The problem is that without the ornge sim I can't enter in the normal options of the phone software. Is there any way to aplly the unlock toll with the phone in bootload mode or something else?

Thank you

aDENDA: When I run the SPV app I get "unknown error - 2147467259

Edited by dcoelho

Guest noah30nl

you've to enter de password with cap lock ON!!!

try it again and you will not get the error.

answer at you're other question: find someone with a orange simcard (friend or so). put the sim in you're phone (will work because is an orange sim) and run the sim lock app.

good luck!!

=====================================================

Need Help to unlock a SPV C500 without the Orange SIM. Is taht possible?

I live in Portugal and I have bought a SPV C500 on ebay annouced as unlocked. Unfortunatelly is locked. So, I want to unlock it with the great tool of SPV developpers. The problem is that without the ornge sim I can't enter in the normal options of the phone software. Is there any way to aplly the unlock toll with the phone in bootload mode or something else?

Thank you

aDENDA: When I run the SPV app I get "unknown error - 2147467259

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Cakeman

I just paid £1.95 at this site:

http://www.m-99.co.uk/Mobile_Phone_Unlocki...orange_spv.html

For what was described as:

"A PD download to unlock the Orange SPV C500 and C550 in seconds. All that is required is the original USB cable that came with the phone and ActiveSync (Free for download from Microsoft.com).

Your download link will be available INSTANTLY following your order being placed (via a download link). The software is fully compatible with Windows 95 / 98 / ME / 2000 / XP and XP Pro."

Surprise surprise, it turned out to be a link to this excellend forum! I wish I'd just donated the money to you guys, do you have any connection with that site?

If not, should I ask for a refund?

Guest Austin519

Hell yes you should. What they're doing is illegal (called "passing off"), especially if they're in the UK. I'd do more than get a refund...I'd report them.

Austin519

I just paid £1.95 at this site:

http://www.m-99.co.uk/Mobile_Phone_Unlocki...orange_spv.html

For what was described as:

"A PD download to unlock the Orange SPV C500 and C550 in seconds. All that is required is the original USB cable that came with the phone and ActiveSync (Free for download from Microsoft.com).

Your download link will be available INSTANTLY following your order being placed (via a download link). The software is fully compatible with Windows 95 / 98 / ME / 2000 / XP and XP Pro."

Surprise surprise, it turned out to be a link to this excellend forum! I wish I'd just donated the money to you guys, do you have any connection with that site?

If not, should I ask for a refund?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Jacksons
simlock.jpg

Thanks to some invaluable efforts from itsme, and anonymous, our SPV C500 unlocking tool is now in alpha :)

There are, however, some limitations, which we are working to resolve:

• Your phone must be an Orange C500. Do NOT run this on an AudioVox phone or ROM. Ignoring this may result in your phone becomming unusable till we add AudioVox compatibility.

• Your phone must be application unlocked, and have our cert.cab file installed. This file should be included with the SPV-Services package. We realise this is a big limitation, again it's something we are working around.

Additionally, SPV-Developers or it's admins will not be held responsible for any problems caused by this tool. However, all changes made are 100% reversible, and we will do are best to help should anything unexpected happen.

To try this service, you will need to download the SPV-Services Client. The file cert.cab needs to be copied to your phone and executed. After this, run the SPV-Services.exe, and have fun :D

If you try it, please post your feedback.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

I have application unlocked the c550 and installed the cert.cab successfully but when opening the spvservices.exe file, the application opens and is blank.There is nothing in the menus and i do not get a screen like the one you show.Help please!?!?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
:D thanks guys just used this on my c500 - worked a treat, now my sons got a smartphone and hes delighted

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to MoDaCo Forum ;)

Guest Griff_FFOC
Has anyone tried this on the C600?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It Worked on the one we tried. At least it ran, picked up the current setting and said it changed it ok. Haven't physically tried a sim yet, but had no problems with it.

A quick question, does this survive a hard rest. I have checked all 20+ pages of this thread and no-ones asked (that I could see) so far. I'd expect it will but just want to check before I hard reset my C500 to pass to my g/f on a different network.

Regards

Edited by Griff_FFOC

Guest razzler

Hello,

Does anyone know if this app works on Windows XP PRO 64-Bit???

I guess I'll try it anyway within the next few days even if I don't get a reply. If it works I'll post back.......... :shock:

Cheers.

Guest Monkhouse
A quick question, does this survive a hard rest.  I have checked all 20+ pages of this thread and no-ones asked (that I could see) so far. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's exactly what I was just gonna ask, after doing the 20 pages!!

Got me C600, so the c500 is bound for eBay but would prefer to be able to offer it as sim unlocked - would like to hard reset it though before it leaves me....

Guest hunyango_uk
How do you install cert.cab on your phone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

copy the file from your pc to your phone using activesync then

use your file explorer on your phone, find the file and just select that file. it will surely run ;)

Edited by hunyango_uk

Guest sambapati
you've to enter de password with cap lock ON!!!

try it again and you will not get the error.

answer at you're other question: find someone with a orange simcard (friend or so). put the sim in you're phone (will work because is an orange sim) and run the sim lock app.

good luck!!

=====================================================

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

An old Orange simcard ( don't break but disable) do you think is OK to disable application lock??

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Chorlie

Hi,

Just unlocked my old C500 thanks for the free software and info.

Does anyone know how to unlock a T-Mobile SDA II (is it the same as a C550?) If this software can unlock it how do you first disable the security certificate since its locked to the T-Mobile network (and not Orange like my old C500).

Thanks for any advice

Chorlie

I've now unlocked 2 C500 & 2 SDA II (T-Mobile) & I've got a C600 to do.

Great bit of software.

Edited by Chorlie

Guest hey_tim
icon_confused.gif what happen to our phone if we unlock it?what advantage we got if we unlock it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you unlock your phone it can be used on any network, not just the one is was supplied by.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stringbean

I've just unlocked my C500 using this app to use as a backup phone for my new MDA Pro and it worked like a charm. So..

A big thanks to the SPV-Developers! Keep up the good work guys!