C500 SimLock Toggling (Cost: £0.00)

Guest Zone-MR

Guest billah420

HI!!!! THANX 4 DA SOLUTION 4 UNLOCKING DA SPV C500, BUT I AM HAVING ONE PROBLEM. I DONT KNOW HOW TO APPLICATION UNLOCK MY SPV C500. CAN YOU PLZ TELL ME HOW I CAN DO DIS.

ONCE AGAIN, THANX....

U CAN ALSO EMAIL ME ON [email protected]

Guest theonlyrick

Fantastic! Thanks very much.

The cheapest I've found this online is for about £30. I'm going to make a PayPal donation for some of that cost - I hope other people who benefit do the same...

Two things:

After loads of googling for unlocking C500s I chanced across this thread. It's a pity it's not more obvious on the web...

It was very quick and easy, but for it to work I had to enable javascript in Internet Explorer (Tools, Options, Security, Custom, scroll down the list for javascript options...). (Note: I had to do this even though Firefox is my defauilt browser).

Cheers,

Richard

simlock.jpg

Thanks to some invaluable efforts from itsme, and anonymous, our SPV C500 unlocking tool is now in alpha :)

There are, however, some limitations, which we are working to resolve:

• Your phone must be an Orange C500. Do NOT run this on an AudioVox phone or ROM. Ignoring this may result in your phone becomming unusable till we add AudioVox compatibility.

• Your phone must be application unlocked, and have our cert.cab file installed. This file should be included with the SPV-Services package. We realise this is a big limitation, again it's something we are working around.

Additionally, SPV-Developers or it's admins will not be held responsible for any problems caused by this tool. However, all changes made are 100% reversible, and we will do are best to help should anything unexpected happen.

To try this service, you will need to download the SPV-Services Client. The file cert.cab needs to be copied to your phone and executed. After this, run the SPV-Services.exe, and have fun :D

If you try it, please post your feedback.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest dsearleuk
I have tried doijng it but massively failed...

It says:

RAPI Init Failed: Client DLL Not Found

ROM Editing tools will be unavailable

I have installed the .cab file on my phone...

Why is this is my SPV gone stange or is it me again?  :oops:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I get something similar too. Tried it on 2 different XP boxes now. :)

Guest E_hekhuizen

I've accidentally screwed-up my typhoon (when going back to wm2003 selected the wrong bootloader to flash (2.XX) so now my phone won't boot, someone at spv-devellopers advised me to do the florint-unlock, reading this topic i've found that the only difference with the spv-services method is that the imei-check method also sets the Carrier ID to 11111111 (OEM).

in the beginning of this topic i've read that there's a (free) sollution to doing this is on it's way, does anyone know whether this is possible at this time? and if so, how can i do it? because if i have to pay 20 bucks to get my phone unlocked i'd rather get a new m500 for €125... :)

I hope someone can help me out because i miss my C500 :cry:

Greetzz Ewout

I've not managed to SIM unlock my SPV with the latest UK ROM 4.2.1.1.

It throws up error RAPI error

"Unknown error - 2147467259 in read operation"

Good luck to spv dev guys but i'm sure they'll find a way round this! :)

Guest paullpaull

Help, phone is application unlocked. Placed Cert.Cab in the temp folder on phone (SPV C500) and executed from the phone via file manager, had message that cert.cab file was succesfully installed. Ran SPV services from the desktop of my PC and from within Winzip, each time the message is

"RAPI Init failed: Client DLL not found"

I have searched for this on the boards but couldn't find an answer, does anybody know?

Thanks

Paullpaull

Help, phone is application unlocked. Placed Cert.Cab in the temp folder on phone (SPV C500) and executed from the phone via file manager, had message that cert.cab file was succesfully installed. Ran SPV services from the desktop of my PC and from within Winzip, each time the message is

"RAPI Init failed: Client DLL not found"

I have searched for this on the boards but couldn't find an answer, does anybody know?

Thanks

Paullpaull

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PAUL,

Just extract all 3 files to your pc and run the SPVServices.exe file whilst your phone is connected. it should give you a "success" message. (you don't need to manually move the .cab file to your handset)

After that, click on Sim unlock and it should sort it.

This does not appear to work on the 4.2.1.1 UK ROM update.

Guest paullpaull
PAUL,

Just extract all 3 files to your pc and run the SPVServices.exe file whilst your phone is connected. it should give you a "success" message. (you don't need to manually move the .cab file to your handset)

After that, click on Sim unlock and it should sort it.

This does not appear to work on the 4.2.1.1 UK ROM update.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, thanks it worked a treat. Just as well you mentioned about the new ROM as I was going to download it tonight.

Thanks

Paul

Guest kitkit201

So has anyone upgraded / downgraded their Cingular SMT5600 phone to an Orange Firmware? I would love to do this, but dont know how..

Excellent!

The only question I have though, will this "rom unlock" the phone like the £20 solution or purely sim unlock?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What's the difference?

There is application unlock which is already free and sim unlock.

I already paid £20 way back so don't need it anymore. Nice work though.

Guest fastfrank

Hi,

I'm trying to unlock my C500 but checked and it has the 4.2.1.1 ROM revision installed. Is there a version of the unlocker software to fix this? Can I rollback to an older firmware?

Cheers

Frank

Guest KettererE

Apparently this app works as a free SIM unlock for the Audiovox SMT5600 !!!

Check out this post at:

http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board/messa...message.id=5008

Post is pasted below:

I have discovered how to unlock the 5600 so you can use other/local/foreign SIM cards

First you have to Application Unlock the phone then SIM Unlock

Instructions are as follows:

i) run No Warez

ii) run ResetSecurity.exe

iii) check if still app locked with checklock.exe --- should be now app unlocked

iv) run SPV-Services C500 unlock (ignore the fact that it say don't use with SMT 5600 as running previous 2 apps make it compatible)

v) test with other service provider (eg T-Mobile) SIM --- result will be SIM unlocked

No Warez, ResetSecurity.exe, checklock.exe and SPV-Services can easily be found via google search.

(make sure you follow instructions for each program)

This worked for my phone (ATTWS Audiovox SMT 5600).

I already paid to unlock my Audiovox...can anyone verify this works...I may be sending mine in for a replacement that will need to be unlocked.

Guest tsutton
has anyone given it a go on a C550 yet?

Cant see why it wont work but just in case...

Someone said in another thread, saying it works.

Guest shaggyguitarist

i tried installing the cert.cab.

I saved it to storage card/program files.

When i ran it, I got a message saying

Installation failed. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have adequate system permissions.

Any advice now? all i want is to unlock my phone to use O2 simcards.

thanx