Application unlock?

Guest AaronW

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
iv filled out the orange unlock details but i have recived nothing what can be done

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try the other method; request for the unlock tool from Orange developers.

Guest MOD-C500
Try the other method; request for the unlock tool from Orange developers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks did that and it worked !!!!

Guest mike-oh

Will this work when using a non-orange sim?

I've network unlocked my original SPV so it's now on T-Mobile.

Cheers

**EDIT** Holy blazing customer services Batman?! I emailed that address and got a reply within 45mins?! Got both my MPx 200 and SPV unlocked! Thanks Orange :D

And i'm not even a customer of theirs anymore ;)

Edited by mike-oh

Guest scsi

Could you guys please explain to me what the "application lock" really is? Does it actually prevent you from using third party applicatons? And if so, are all HTC phones locked this way, no matter what "brander"? Evem Qtek?

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Application security on the Windows Mobile-based Smartphone helps protect the integrity of the end-users' Smartphone device by not allowing the user to install applications from an unknown source. Application security is a policy decision that is enforced through code signing. The mobile operator makes the policy decision before they bring a phone to market. The carrier can change the policy decision at any time.

Below is a chart of currently announced Windows mobile-based Smartphone operators and their corresponding policy:

http://img127.echo.cx/img127/9420/mobilepolicy8yh.jpg

Windows Mobile-based Smartphones can also support prompt mode. Rather than simply deny the user the ability to install or run an application, an operator can defer the decision to the user by specifying prompt mode. In this case the user is prompted and asked whether to let an application run or install.

Guest lotp

i tried to unlock my spv using the orange site using pass-through, i filled in the forms etc and it came up with the message "your handset has had its certificate security disabled" and a repeat in french below. and i still cant install pockettv, and checklock is still saying phone is locked, rebooted, same problem, can any1 help me please?

Guest lotp

i emailed the developers@orange and they sent me the imei specific unlocking tool, i used this and the phone is still locked, so i replied to the email asking further. i have since recieved an email saying that if i am not an orange customer the tools will not work, as they are all designed specifically for orange users. so does this mean i can not unlock my spv e200 while using my o2 sim card at all? has any1 else already managed to do this? please help ;)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

That is strange. Have you given them the correct IMEI number of your device? Their tool is imei specific.

Guest mike-oh

Make sure if your IMEI number has any hyphens in it to include them when requesting the app from Orange.

I tried it on an MPx 200 with a dead orange SIM in it and on a SIM unlocked SPV with a T-Mobile SIM on it and they both worked fine!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest earthling0001

I'm getting a bit fed up now ;)

The app unlock web site makes my phone's backlight come on, but nothing happens.

I have e-mailed Orange 3 times over the last 3 days requesting the unlock tool, at [email protected], but they have not replied.

What on earth do I do? :roll:

Guest mike-oh

[rantmode]

Look, i'm not normally one to bash newbies but it's mentioned/linked to several times in this thread (which is only one and a half pages long)!! Including only two posts above yours!

Between un-necessary posts and PMs to me asking for the apps i'm getting a little tired because of other peoples lazyness! [/rantmode]

Pzee (god bless him) has already put together a guide here

Which contains the email address

[email protected]

to which you need to send a polite note and your IMEI number which you can get by typing *#06#

Now.....please READ the thread.

Peace out,

Mike

Edited by mike-oh

Guest earthling0001
what is the email address I email to get the unlock tool?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Luke, please post back here when you hear from them. I'm at day 4 of waiting now and have sent 3 e-mails to them.

People on this thread said they replied after 45 mins. so I'm slightly concerned, which is also why I didn't 'give them a chance cos it's been the weekend'. They've had 2 working days now to send me this little app.

Do they have a phone number I can rant at?

Thanks ;)

Guest Disco Stu

You have to keep in mind that it's probably just a couple of guys with other things to do (like test the new ROM ;) ) and its very hot outside and the tennis is on the radio....

And they are under no obligation to answer your email since you're not an official Orange development partner. Ranting at them certainly won't help you nor the rest of the people who are waiting for replies.

:D