• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

voyager with typhoon rom?

5 posts in this topic

Posted

i wonder if it is possible to update my smartphone 2 to c500. i have patched ruu for c500 so only thing i must do is chooce rom and klick updadet.

someone maybe done that???

post-129268-1118214780_thumb.jpg

Posted

If they tried they almost certainly turned their device into a paperweight. The hardware of the E200 and C500 is different. Remember, a rom isn't just an operating system, it's the drivers as well.

Posted

Well, theoretically it's possible, much in the same way that you can put Windows XP in older pentiums. If it's advisable would be of more concern. Like comar said, there are alot of implications. you can research on firmware updates and "system requirements" and drivers and a bunch of other factors. then maybe you can devise a way to make it work.

Also, the typhoon ROM is not just a matter of updating. you'd have to start out by wiping your phone's "hard disk" and installing a typhoon ROM. If your willing to go through all of that, then go for it. I hope all of your troubles will be rewarded in the end. Good luck.

Posted

i know that this is not only os....

now i try to run t9 in my language (polish) and i put t9polish.dll from c500 and t9aw.dll and replace strings in registry

i couldn't write sms no more ;]

so i dont even want to think what might be happen to my phone if i upgrade with typhoon rom :]

Posted

I was snooping around my voyager last night and in the windows folder (not the storage/windows) I noticed that most if not all of the drivers needed for a rom change is in there. I guess what you have to do is copy these drivers and whatever xmls you need and incorporate it in the typhoon installation. I'm no programmer, but off hand I know this will be a tedious act.