Update Tool is BACK & ROM 1.43

Guest Paraklas

Guest Paraklas

As the title says, the update tool and the 1.43 ROM are back online from Motorola!

http://direct.motorola.com/ENS/softwareupdate.asp

ROM 1.43 Seems to be the same as the one that was wondering around for the past few weeks but the update tool is version 1.0.0.43 instead of 1.0.0.28.

To download, place your mouse cursor exactly on the white pointer arrow next to the "Download System Update Tool" text and click to download.

Too bad for all of us who were expecting a WM10 update (At least in English) :twisted: :twisted:

Edited by Paraklas

Guest hueznar

Hi!. I want to know if possible to upgrade my European (Spanish) MPx220 to the cingular or A&AT ROM.

Also I want to know if possible to return to previous ROM.

and the most important: How to do it?. Thanks!

Guest wildmanviper

Still cant get the update tool downloaded from the motorola webpage. I dunno, maybe its just my computer? Keeps saying that it is down. Any other sites carry the same file??

Guest wildmanviper

Ill try when I get home. Im at work and its probably because my jobsite filters alot of internet content. Thanks for the update though.

Guest Flametree
This is the site and it is not down http://direct.motorola.com/ENS/softwareupdate.asp

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately, it does appear to be down again. When you click the "Download System Update Tool" button, you get a popup window that says, "We are sorry, the Update tool is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

Hopefully, it will be back soon. My phone is still running 0.342 and it would be nice to have the update.

-dpm

Unfortunately, it does appear to be down again.  When you click the "Download System Update Tool" button, you get a popup window that says, "We are sorry, the Update tool is temporarily unavailable.  Please try again later."

Hopefully, it will be back soon.  My phone is still running 0.342 and it would be nice to have the update.

-dpm

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Son of a....

message.gif

:evil:

I am running 1.03 and my phone is useless. Any other versions I can update to now until Moto gets the update backup? PLEASE HELP, I am losing my mind with this phone.

Edited by PMac

Guest Paraklas
Son of a....

message.gif

:evil:

I am running 1.03 and my phone is useless.  Any other versions I can update to now until Moto gets the update backup?  PLEASE HELP, I am losing my mind with this phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's like they are begging you to stop buying their products! :evil: :evil:

It's like they are begging you to stop buying their products!  :evil:  :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I gave in today and I will have my Audiovox on Wednesday. Tis a sad, sad day.

Good bye MOTO... :cry:

Guest johncody

I was told my a motorola tech that they know the update tool has been down since the 15th and they expect it to be up tomorrow (18th) mid-day.

Guest toomuchdogfur

well folks... its still down! dangit...

just a quick question... u reckon this would run on a mpx200?

and also this is windows mobile 2003, 2003 SE or 2005?

call me a desperate hanger on if you must cos its true ;), but serzly i dont have the money for a mpx220 ;)... the least i can do is try to make my mpx200 LOOK like one :D

Guest Paraklas
well folks... its still down! dangit...

just a quick question... u reckon this would run on a mpx200?

and also this is windows mobile 2003, 2003 SE or 2005?

call me a desperate hanger on if you must cos its true ;), but serzly i dont have the money for a mpx220 :D... the least i can do is try to make my mpx200 LOOK like one :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. It will NOT run on a mpx200

2. Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition

;)

Guest toomuchdogfur

dangit thought so... heard something about the special code locks on the upgrade that would onli let it go on a mpx220...

wm2003 1st ed is a crash festival... guess ill b stickin to 2002

Guest nocontrol

System update tool is not jet avaiable...

just a question, on this link there's written that this uprade is only for north american mpx220, it's true? my eurpean one can have some problems?

thanks, bye

Edited by nocontrol

Guest Jumpie
System update tool is not jet avaiable...

just a question, on this link there's written that this uprade is only for north american mpx220, it's true? my eurpean one can have some problems?

thanks, bye

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

before I update, what actually does the update do? thanks!

[email protected]

Guest Paraklas

The update tool that you can download and install from this web site, will download the latest Firmware 1.43 for your mpx220 that fixes quite a lot of bugs found in previous firmwares.

Edited by Paraklas

Guest jairo_lopez

Does anybody know if there are Release Notes or a changelog, where a detailed list of all the fixes and new features for this version is included?

Guest wildmanviper

There is a list that someone posted on one of the topics in this section. He explains all of the good and bad things that he has seen since his update from 1.36

Guest wildmanviper
Can i put this update on a european phone (dutch)?

The language doesn't bother me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont see a problem with that. It should load just fine on a european phone.

Guest xfiles69
I dont see a problem with that.  It should load just fine on a european phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i now have the chinese rom (3.46),it works fine and is in englisch.