• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

1 hand sms no pen?

17 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

dont know if this is out but heres the perfect layout of a sms program which will make it fast to txt without getting ur pen out in the pub.

I wish i was good e-nuff to make it my self and get cred for it -=),

but then again im new to this, so this program probs already out and i just dont know about it if so could u please let me know what its called.

K start of with basic keybored layout at bottom of screen using the directional pad u can choose letter and (based on the MDA COMPACT) using the phone book button (bottom left of 4) as a shift for CAPS or smybols. hav t9 guess what ur trying to write press pick up button to confirm the guessed word (top left side).

middle button can b set to most used funtion i.e space bar. that leave 2 extra buttons which im sure if some1 started to make this could think of stuff for them to do.

plz dont flame if this is out just tell me what its called? ;) i could do with it

Posted · Report post

Hi

Try out intellipad you might find it is what you want. Especially good for the pub ;)

Posted · Report post

...anyone know where to get intellipad???

Cheers

Nick

Posted · Report post

...anyone know where to get intellipad???

It's the "Phone Pad" option in your text entry choice.

I-jam call it the intellipad

Posted · Report post

I use the inbuilt phone pad to text and the inbuilt keyboard to email. The phone pad has T9, ABC and 123 options and is nearly as easy as using a phone keypad - considering the lack of textual feel.

It's the "Phone Pad" option in your text entry choice.

I-jam call it the intellipad

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Posted · Report post

You could also try the TenGo keyboard I posted about in PPC News but I'm not convinced it makes texting any easier than with the phonepad :)

Posted · Report post

start of with basic keybored layout at bottom of screen using the directional pad u can choose letter and (based on the MDA COMPACT) using the phone book button (bottom left of 4) as a shift for CAPS or smybols. hav t9 guess what ur trying to write press pick up button to confirm the guessed word (top left side).middle button can b set to most used funtion i.e space bar. that leave 2 extra buttons which im sure if some1 started to make this could think of stuff for them to do.

I really like this idea - I have tried Intellipad for texting and have a couple of problems with it - it doesn't "feel" like a keypad, the keys are a tad too small and often not that responsive, and it's impossible to select the Intellipad text entry without resorting to the stylus.

I like the idea of selecting letters with the four-way pad - the selection area can be small and not intrude too much on the text screen. It would however, have to have some way of setting it as the default text entry method for SMS only - in fact it'd be nice to be able to set the default text entry method for each app as part of the OS!

Posted · Report post

...anybody got any news on this???

...pretty pease...

Cheers

Nick

Posted · Report post

...just found Phone Plus 3 that works for WM5.0...this might be it!!!

I will update soon...

Cheers

Nivk

Posted · Report post

If anyone wants intellipad, PM me. I have it installed on my a701 and it works a treat! No more steering with my knees whilst using both hands & a magnifying glass to text ;)

Posted · Report post

Welcome to the forum ;)

I installed this on my Jam and thought it was the solution to the one-handed operation problem. Sadly I couldn't manage to press-and-hold a contact picture to select a text message without initiating a call, which is the default function. The differential sensitivity was beyond me, if that makes sense.

Posted · Report post

Welcome to the forum ;)

I installed this on my Jam and thought it was the solution to the one-handed operation problem. Sadly I couldn't manage to press-and-hold a contact picture to select a text message without initiating a call, which is the default function. The differential sensitivity was beyond me, if that makes sense.

I agree. thats why I never use the contact pic to send sms. but with this software you can easily find a contact (not pic assigned contact) and to choose if you want to make a call or to send sms to that contact. for me its the best way to send sms using only one hand. no stylus.

post-185247-1145112844_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

Phone plus looks good, its a pity it doesn't support T9 when writing text messages though.

Chris

Posted · Report post

I used to use KeyStick on my Siemens SX1 and it was by far the best non keyboard texting system I ever used.

I generally use the stylus these days on my JAMin but having Keystick would be nice. I contacted them a few months back and they did say they were considering a PPC version but did not give a timescale.

Try emailing them, they may have got a bit further.

Regards

Posted · Report post

I wish I could make phone pad do a tiny little vibrate as I hit the buttons...

P