Desperately seeking help with a music quiz…

Guest confused and hungover

Desperately seeking help with a music quiz…

About 3 months ago, a “friend” sent me this music quiz. Basically there are 270 photos of bands from the last 50 years, what you need to do is write the name of the band under each picture and it tells you if you are correct.

Now, I happen to know a bit about music but I’ve only managed 122 out of 270. it’s driving me nuts, :evil: I don’t know what to do… I’m posting the file here completed as far as I can in the hope that someone might be able to help me finish it.

At one point I managed to break the password on the document but all that did was throw up another password and a message saying I was a cheating f***er!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Any help much appreciated.

Group_Quiz.rar

Guest mike-oh

Being 22 that is the hardest quiz evAaaar! As such i can't help

Looks like fun for when you and ten of your mates come back drunk one evening though! ;)

Guest Flubster

50 is pink floyd

79 is Extreme

and 100 is Haircut 100!

237 is Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

Flubster

Edited by Flubster

Guest mupwangle

Sod it. Got bored and removed the passwords to see the answers. If anyone *really* needs to know then just ask.

One I did get - but had spelt wrong was 169 which is the pasadenas not pasedenas.

Guest Disco Stu

Good work, fellas :D

11 to get at my end then.

Mupwangle : you could post up the completed file with a warning, or do you want to PM / email it to me ? Or are you intending to take requests for specific answers ? ;)

I'm missing 33,112,153,156,172,178,184,209,227,245,265

No sign of Confused & Hungover so far. Is he getting a prize for this ?

Guest Matt Kirby

I'm at work, so haven't d/led the file, but it sounds like one of the quizes from Sillicon Hell, so there won't be a prize for completing it.

The website is worth a (timewasting) look - thier Invisible Movie quizes are fun and infuriating.

Guest furby
Good work, fellas  :D

11 to get at my end then.

Mupwangle : you could post up the completed file with a warning, or do you want to PM / email it to me ? Or are you intending to take requests for specific answers ?  ;)

I'm missing 33,112,153,156,172,178,184,227,245,265

No sign of Confused & Hungover so far. Is he getting a prize for this ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

209 = Danny Wilson

10 to go

Guest Glassbottle

I'm stuck with the following ones:

112, 153, 172, 178, 184, 209, 227, 245 & 265

261/270 - not too bad but the last one's are driving me nuts!!! ](*,)

Answers on a postcard to.........

Guest Disco Stu
jeez... i go away for 4 days and come back to find you've all but done it!!!!!

well done

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you mean by "all but done it" ?!?

Check mupwangle's post above.

Sod it.  Got bored and removed the passwords to see the answers. If anyone *really* needs to know then just ask.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes but there was a certain amount of um.... cheating ;) :D ;)

Guest mupwangle

That's not cheating. It's like taking a shortcut in a race or something. Oh, right. That is cheating. ;-D

I only had 8 to go and they were *really* annoying me. Once I looked at the answers I realised that I didn't have a chance of getting them.

That's not cheating.  It's like taking a shortcut in a race or something.  Oh, right.  That is cheating. ;-D

I only had 8 to go and they were *really* annoying me.  Once I looked at the answers I realised that I didn't have a chance of getting them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i know the feeling, i was totally pulling my hair out over it, i managed to crack the first password but i don't know too much about excel but i think there was a second one somewhere?

when i checked through the answers i saw loads that i'd got right but spelt wrong, eg, "the monkees" instead of monkies or monkeys, and "A flock of seagulls" instead of just flock of seagulls.

it's like a weight off my shoulders now i know all the answer ;) :D ;)

Guest mupwangle

>>i know the feeling, i was totally pulling my hair out over it, i managed to crack the first password but i don't know too much about excel but i think there was a second one somewhere?

I don't think so. I used an excel plugin called password remover. Basically it removes locks on sheets and files. Made by someone called Staxx or something similar. Free to use too.

>>when i checked through the answers i saw loads that i'd got right but spelt wrong,

That's my pet peeve about these sort of quizzes. Not that you don't get it right but that they often get it wrong. No excuse for the examples you mentioned though!

Current annoyances (but not from this quiz):-

The Beetles (The BEAtles)

The Monkeys (The MonkEEs)

Rolling Stones (THE Rolling Stones)

S. Club Seven (S Club 7)

Deaf Leopard (Def Leppard)

The Wonderstuff (The Wonder Stuff)

The exchangability of "and" and ampersand (&)

Adding spaces at the end by accident.

General mis-spelling of normal words.

It is a total repressed anger thing. You can waste so much time and convince yourslelf you're wrong when you're right.

• 1 month later...