• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cross Network MMS

9 posts in this topic

Posted

OK, so tried to send an mms to my mate on voda - he get's a message

saying to check out some website to access the message. He sends me one and I get a similar message. Apparently he can view mine on the web, but I can't access the one's from vodafone website

Called Orange and they say that cross network mms doesn't work and there are no plans to get it working in the near future - I can see this causing some fun as more people get the phones, especially since none of the operators are pointing this out (if it is in fact true, and I didn't just end up with some guy who didn't have the real story).

Glad I didn't buy the phone specifically for mms!

Posted

I sent ONE to my mate on Vodaphone and he's received the web url text eight times so far.

Gotta call Orange to make sure they're not charging me for the other 7! grrr :evil:

Posted

Cross network MMS was not possible because o2 and Voda took so long to bring out MMS. There is at present no plans to allow it. I don't know why you couldn't access the vodafone website though.

Store Staff should advise customers of this. CS operators also should.

Posted

There is at present no plans to allow it.

That makes sense :roll:

Posted

Blimey no cross network MMS makes it very limited :D

Posted

Just to let everyone know, orange and o2 now allow x net mms!!!

Any probs please let me know.

Posted

Just spoke to David Dickinson at Orange and he said that O2 and ORANGE have negotiated cross network today and we should be able to send them very soon

He said that there weere talks wiht T-Mobile as well...

Posted

my other half managed to send me a mms today, shes on o2, so it works that way but havent tried orange to o2 yet :!:

Posted

Orange announced today that they have negotiated cross networking MMS with O2, and they expect all the networks to be linked by the spring.

I guess that will be about when the Free MMS promotion ends ;)