Cross Network MMS

Guest sch

OK, so tried to send an mms to my mate on voda - he get's a message

saying to check out some website to access the message. He sends me one and I get a similar message. Apparently he can view mine on the web, but I can't access the one's from vodafone website

Called Orange and they say that cross network mms doesn't work and there are no plans to get it working in the near future - I can see this causing some fun as more people get the phones, especially since none of the operators are pointing this out (if it is in fact true, and I didn't just end up with some guy who didn't have the real story).

Glad I didn't buy the phone specifically for mms!

I sent ONE to my mate on Vodaphone and he's received the web url text eight times so far.

Gotta call Orange to make sure they're not charging me for the other 7! grrr :evil:

Cross network MMS was not possible because o2 and Voda took so long to bring out MMS. There is at present no plans to allow it. I don't know why you couldn't access the vodafone website though.

Store Staff should advise customers of this. CS operators also should.

• 1 month later...
Guest jtsaint

Just spoke to David Dickinson at Orange and he said that O2 and ORANGE have negotiated cross network today and we should be able to send them very soon

He said that there weere talks wiht T-Mobile as well...

Orange announced today that they have negotiated cross networking MMS with O2, and they expect all the networks to be linked by the spring.

I guess that will be about when the Free MMS promotion ends ;)