• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

How to remove Newsgroups from "New Posts"?

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Is there some way to remove the Newsgroups from my view of the "View New Posts" screen?

I know some people want them, but personally I don't.

Is there any way (other than switching from Modaco Plus to Modaco Adfree) to get rid of these posts?

Edited by chucky.egg

Posted · Report post

Me too, it takes way too long to read all the pages now :)

Posted · Report post

i did ask for a pointer to a Pocket PC forum in the past and no-one replied, and i know someone else recently asked the same...

It's kinda relevant to have in this arena but i would prefer to have somewhere else to view the majority of the queries/posts that are appearing here.

it just feels a bit crowded in here all of a sudden...

Posted · Report post

We can always just go to the Smartphone or PPC forums, but then we miss out on the news and stuff.

The RSS feed is good, because you can choose which forums to watch (and choose several) but the info in the feed is about as basic as it's possible to get.

I want that level of "personalisation", but on the website so I can actually read the threads I want to read.

Posted · Report post

As we all know, Paul is on holiday so let's just see how we feel in a week or so when he gets back.

I'm still making my mind up over whether its a good addition to the site or whether it just clutters the place up. I've replied to a few posts in the newsgroups, as have other MoDaCo members, but I'd never visited them before and, were they to go, I doubt I'd bother to find them again.

Two things to consider :

1. Its a great way to introduce people to MoDaCo. We can reply with 'as posted on MoDaCo' :)

2. Its a way of accessing a broader knowledge base of Windows Mobile that should benefit our members.

Posted · Report post

As we all know, Paul is on holiday so let's just see how we feel in a week or so when he gets back.

Didn't know that

Two things to consider :

1. Its a great way to introduce people to MoDaCo. We can reply with 'as posted on MoDaCo'  :)

2. Its a way of accessing a broader knowledge base of Windows Mobile that should benefit our members.

IMO most of the posts in the newsgroups are junk, or "newbie" issues, or development questions on PPC

I think we have the first 2 covered by ourselves :D

Posted · Report post

some of the questions are within the scope of useful.. If the threads were the same construct as the standard Modaco ones then it would be one less bugbear...

As for getting Modaco out there, are the topics started here visible to the native area of the Newsgroups?

if not then i reckon the deal is unevenly weighted toward the new setup... Not that i'm being elitist...err, ok, yerr i am!!

Posted · Report post

I don't agree with the first part, but I am only one voice and I'm quite happy to be over-ruled by Paul and/or the community

I've got a strong opinion on it, but I don't mean to sound like I'm dictating what everyone else should see...

Posted · Report post

I find the newsgroups a bit annoying (I see them in the new threads and I'm just a bog-standard (read too cheap to pay for plus) user.

Posted · Report post

I have to admit the newsgroups are annoying me too (another cheapie like Mupwangle!) :)

I used to get between 4 and 5 pages of new posts a day when I logged on - 9 pages if I haven't logged on for a week or so. Now I get at least 9 pages per day. It's getting me down to have to sift through all those posts every day.

Sorry, I apprecite they're a good, positive move for MoDaCo but please put my name down as a strong "NAY" on the subject.

Posted · Report post

Hearing ya peeps, will remove newsgroups from 'new posts' on my return...

P

Posted · Report post

Bonjour from the South of France btw, check out my blog to see how i'm doing ;-)

P

Posted · Report post

Hey, Paul, could there be a problem with your blogs RSS feed?? I only ask, as I haven't seen anything new for ages, but after your prompt to go check, I did, and it seems there's been nothing coming through to Bloglines for a while. Annoying though, but have a good hol. Ho hum.

Posted · Report post

Done! Newsgroup posts no longer show in 'new posts'!

P

Posted · Report post

Not sure if this falls into the same category, but how do you stop getting multiple e-mail notifications of new posts in a thread you are subscribed to?

I remember some time ago that there was an option in the 'My Modaco' settings so you only got one e-mail, but can't see it now?

Posted · Report post

Not entirely sure on that one, will have a snoop around...

P

Posted · Report post

erm, hopes it's not too cheeky, but can we have a New Posts option in the PDA version of the site please?...

I was surfing with my magician yesterday and couldnt find it...

Posted · Report post

Done! Newsgroup posts no longer show in 'new posts'!

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They still appear in mine! :cry:

Posted · Report post

Odd.

They weren't showing up last night but are this morning :?:

Posted · Report post

Yeah, they're still there... and still irritating! :evil:

Posted · Report post

i still see them too...