Sign in to follow this  
Fredde87

SMS languages

Fredde87    0

How come the sms menu on the mitac 8390 is different compared to the rest of wm2003 phones? Usually if you hold down * you can set a language (which will bind other charectors like the swedish å ä ö to a button), but this doesnt seem to exist on the 8390....

I really need to change it, anyone know if this is possible?

*sorry for dubble post*

Edited by Fredde87

schriss    0

On my 8390 I press-hold # to get character map, including the character you want.

Fredde87    0

sorry, I know that but since they are used so often it is very annoying to have to go into that menu eachtime, it really slows down the typing process :/

Fredde87    0

Yepp I have the r45 rom, but where do you se it? If I hold * it just switches between abc, 123 and chinese T9, I cant even get up the standard menu...

schriss    0
R45 ROM does have this feature but it is only available with chinese so I think you won't be interested in it :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I press-hold # key and I see the char map, menu is in cheneese but that does not matter since I don't use the menu, I simply select the character I want, press OK and continue editing SMS, not that bad after all.

Fredde87    0

ahh sorry I thought you ment that other t9 languages is available in the 45 rom :s

I do exactly as you described it now but I usually type sms very fast so this slows me down a whole lot and makes the process of writing a quick sms a lot slower :/

hmony    0

you can install other Ime to replace the system one!

Modifide this line in Register!

;--------------------------------

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Layouts\e0010409]

"Ime File"="\Storage\\GBinput\\GbIme.dll"

;-----------------------

I replace a GBinput in my phone!