sd card not found spv e200

Guest limoman

Guest limoman

Just recently bought a unlocked Orange SPV E200 phone everything was working fine. Inserted sd card phone fired up with software on this. Bought a new 512mb sd card put this in phone but by mistake via activesync deleted sd card instead of fomatting it. Now phone does nothing when either card inserted plus when I try to access though task manager it comes up with storage card not found.

I tried re-installing windows on phone but that has not made any difference.

Is their a way of putting this part of the software back on.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Pondrew

I'm sorry to say this issue has just occured on my SPV E200.

Will update this thread with any solutions I find. Hope I don't have to send it to HTC for repair :)

I know the issue isn't the card as I have two of them and they both work fine in my Pocket PC Phone.

Guest awarner [MVP]
:o  Yes Awarner, both cards worked in the device until two days ago...

One Sandisk 256meg and an Apacer 1gig

Well Sandisk should not be a problem but Apacer I've not heard of before.

Guest Pondrew

Well, the cards both worked before. Will try the old 8mg Orange SD if I can find it but I'm pretty certain it's the hardware in the device rather then a compatibility problem with the cards.

Already booked the device in with HTC for repair but wondering whether to bother. Specially as I should be getting the Voq back soon and expect to upgrade again in the near future...

• 1 month later...
Guest Pondrew

Hey Mixter, I didn't send the device to HTC after all but did some investigation myself. In my case, having taken the case apart I found that the SD slot mechanism (a metal box that hold the SD card) had come away from the board. In theory it just needs resoldering/air gun but that's beyond my capabilities. I may send it to Fluffcat1 (a member here who is good with repairs/supplying parts) but it's been low on my list of things to do as I've got about 3 other Smartphones and a Pocket PC Phone!

Guest 8115FISH

Same problem here. I have just bought a new Fujifilm 256MB SD Card and have put some programs on to it. However when I insert the card into the machine nothing happens. My programs don't appear on the start menu.

Guest Pondrew

@8115FISH, programs won't appear in the Start Menu unless they are installed over Activesync or u manually copy a shortcut from the program on your SD card into the Start Menu folderl. One way of doing this is with a File Explorer, another using Activesync Explore.

• 2 months later...
Guest rodrigoperu

don't know if this'll help anybody, but I had the same problem, except that the phone by itself just stopped recognizing the card. I ende up doing a hard reset and that fixed the problem. Hope that helps

• 4 months later...
Guest timmchugh

hello

i have found a solution to this with out opening the phone up.

this may sound a bit reckless so this is at your own risk!!

if it is a loose card reader, get a small piece of paper and fold it up and place it on top of the card. then carfully slide the card in.

this way it will put slight pressure on the card and reader.

hey if it gets the job done who cares ;)

tim

P.S sorry about it being a late post, i hope it helps poeple in the future.

• 1 month later...
Guest sruthika

Ok, for people who still have the SD card problem, here is the solution.

When the card is inserted into the slot, the activates a push button switch inside the slot.

If you position the opening of the slot towards a light source and look into the slot, you will see a copper (golden) push button on the bottom wall of the slot (almost directly under the "0" {zero} button). Just press that copper push button down with a safety pin. Then insert the card. It should work.

Important : Dont use too much force to push the copper push button down. Slight pressure is enough. It has to be pushed down just a bit so that the SD card, when inserted, slides on top of it.

Q : How the phone recognises your card?

A : When you insert the card, the card pushes this copper push button down onto a circuit point. Then the circuit is completed and the screen light comes on. This tells your phone that a SD card is inserted.

Hope everybody gets it right. I got it working perfectly.