• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[INFO] Decert + SIM Unlock C550

200 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Heya... I'd just like to confirm that our free C500 SIM unlock tool works perfectly on the C550 (thanks nedge2k for the testing) :)

To decert (application unlock) the C550, simply change these keys using the attached registry editor (it's the freeware PHM editor signed by HTC):

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1 (RAPI)

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 40 (Cert)

regeditSTG.zip

Edited by Zone-MR

Posted · Report post

You'll need to copy the reg editor to your SD card using a card reader to be able to get it on the phone.

Posted · Report post

You'll need to copy the reg editor to your SD card using a card reader to be able to get it on the phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

can you not just drag and drop it when the phone is syncd? then run it from there?

i have no card reader, so cant think of any other way to do it :) any suggestions, need to get my phone decerted tho.

Posted · Report post

Nice one :)

First thing I'll do when my c550 arrives tomorrow.

Posted · Report post

I'm probably doing something stupid but it won't let me drag and drop any files onnto the phone or the storage card. I get a message saying it's not allowed. Any ideas?

Posted · Report post

Erm ^^^^

Only other way would be to bluetooth/ir it across

Posted (edited) · Report post

you can use activesync to move the zip file across, then unzip on the phone. (Wouldn't let me move the .exe across)

Worked like a charm :)

Edited by GothTeddy

Posted · Report post

Heya... I'd just like to confirm that our free C500 SIM unlock tool works perfectly on the C550 (thanks nedge2k for the testing) :)

To decert (application unlock) the C550, simply change these keys using the attached registry editor (it's the freeware PHM editor signed by HTC):

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will this decert process work for the C500? Had my phone replaced due to a cracked screen and have been unsuccesful so far using the Orange website method.

Cheers

Posted · Report post

Thanks very much for the info, worked perfectly for me.

(And yes you do need to copy the file to SD via a card reader, AS won't let you.)

Posted · Report post

Like I said above, AS will let you copy the .zip file to the phone.

Posted · Report post

Will this decert process work for the C500? Had my phone replaced due to a cracked screen and have been unsuccesful so far using the Orange website method.

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Orange website method worked for me if you run their Action Register App first. (Much to my surprise!)

Posted · Report post

The Orange website method worked for me if you run their Action Register App first. (Much to my surprise!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes tried to app unlock OTA earlier and it worked, saw a post on here about problems when using firefox to view the page so I used IE instead and it worked first time. (And I haven't run the Action Register App)

So if anyone's using Firefox and is having problems app unlocking using the Orange website try IE.

Posted · Report post

Yes tried to app unlock OTA earlier and it worked, saw a post on here about problems when using firefox to view the page so I used IE instead and it worked first time. (And I haven't run the Action Register App)

So if anyone's using Firefox and is having problems app unlocking using the Orange website try IE.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well i was wondering where i could also get the action register app for my c500.pls help

Posted · Report post

Nice to see that ur guys are really fast to unlock the SPV c550.

Got a question about the warrenty if i change the values.

I think i will sure loose mine warrenty if i change it.

But when there is something wrong with the mobile would it work when i put the old values back?

Posted · Report post

how do yoou do this on there website, can only find sim unlock

Posted · Report post

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just want to confirm it worked a treat on my new C550 too. I read this thread and took the plunge. The only thing I did differently is that I unlocked the application lock via the orange uk developers site. (I'd already done this before finding this thread). Only needed to copy and run the cab and then the unlock tool.

Posted · Report post

Remeber that the Orange unlock site is only a partial unlock. Editing the reg with the HTC signed reg editor will fully unlock the device, allowing system file moving/deleting etc.

Posted · Report post

Heya... I'd just like to confirm that our free C500 SIM unlock tool works perfectly on the C550 (thanks nedge2k for the testing)

Maybe I'm being a twat here, but using PHM I can navigate to HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies with no problem - but I'm not seeing any entries within it/beyond it?

Posted · Report post

Maybe I'm being a twat here, but using PHM I can navigate to HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies with no problem - but I'm not seeing any entries within it/beyond it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

have you then pressed 'Values' ?

Posted · Report post

I don't seem to be able to app unlock using the registry editor, could someone give me some more detailed instructions?

cheers

Posted · Report post

Wouldn't this work on any SPV to app unlock?

Posted · Report post

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have just unlocked my C550 using this method but "Sprite Backup" still refuses to work because it says the phone is locked!!

Posted · Report post

on my c550 i did not have to modify the reg , all i did was to run the cert cab from my sd card and then use the spv services app and it worked :) :D :D

Posted · Report post

I just re-installed Sprite using a diferent phone option and it worked OK.

Posted · Report post

Wouldn't this work on any SPV to app unlock?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup - It also works on the C500 :)