• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Constant "cannot find server" message

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the modaco-site lately? I think 1 in every three or four pages I want to visit I get a blank browser window stating it "cannot find server". After waiting a bit and refreshing I usually am able to view the page after all. It happens on both IE and Firefox, at my home, at work, at my university llibrary, everywhere. It's really annoying and has caused me to make several "double-postings" in the last few weeks. I'd say it started at least three weeks ago, but I'm not sure. It might have started after the new site layout went online, too. Am I the only one? It can't be just me doing something wrong, since it happens on several different locations. I couldn't find any topics on this in this section.

Edit: 10 minutes later: I just got this message:

IPB WARNING [2]mysql_connect(): Too many connections (Line: 120 of /ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php)

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here.

Error Returned

mySQL error: Too many connections

mySQL error code:

Date: Wednesday 20th of July 2005 09:32:06 AM

Might that be the problem?

Edited by Driekus

Posted

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the modaco-site lately? I think 1 in every three or four pages I want to visit I get a blank browser window stating it "cannot find server". After waiting a bit and refreshing I usually am able to view the page after all. It happens on both IE and Firefox, at my home, at work, at my university llibrary, everywhere. It's really annoying and has caused me to make several "double-postings" in the last few weeks. I'd say it started at least three weeks ago, but I'm not sure. It might have started after the new site layout went online, too. Am I the only one? It can't be just me doing something wrong, since it happens on several different locations. I couldn't find any topics on this in this section.

Edit: 10 minutes later: I just got this message:

Might that be the problem?

The MySQL error is completely different than the cannot find server error. Internet explorer gives the same error message no matter what, but FF will give you either the MySQL error or the domain not found error. Next time you get this message, can you please give me the results of : ping www.modaco.com ?

(Do it in your dos window).

I'm looking into the MySQL problems.. but your dns error is new to me...

Posted

i get this message (see below). and about 40% of the time i click on a link on modaco, the progress bar at the bottom of the screen starts moving then at about halfway, the advert thing (whatever it is) causes the screen to refresh and it can never actually reach the page. i've been having these problems about 4 weeks, it seems to be getting worse.... i miss the stable modaco that didn't keep refreshing and slowing everything down

post-112518-1121960268_thumb.jpg

Posted

You'll be pleased to hear the refreshing is gone then ;-)

P

Posted

P

Wait.. what refresh ?

Paul... did you have the site doing a meta-refresh ?....

Bad paul.. bad bad paul.

Posted

No, it wasn't a meta refresh!

P

Posted

I thought it was just NTL playing up my end :/

My web access is very irratic at the moment.

EDIT

And bang it went while I was writing this :)

Posted

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Brilliant! thank you :)