Safecom SDIO 802.11B Wireless LAN Card

Guest Flash

Guest Flash

I bought my card from eBuyer (Safecom SDIO 802.11B Wireless LAN Card) and am really struggling with the settings.

I've installed the drivers and utility ok. Put the card into my M500 and the blue light on the card flashes, etc.

The M500 aknowledges it - ariel mast in place of GPS symbol in task bar. I'm sat in front of my Belkin ADSL High Speed Mode Wireless G Router which is the connection I want to make. If I run the utility program on the phone, it finds this connection no problem. It is able to supply transfer rates, signal quality, etc.

However, when I come to connect to the internet it still connects via GPS! I've tried making a few changes in the internet connections options on the phone, but have so far failed ;)

Incidentally, the router is firewalled and requires password etc. to access. I've not been prompted at anytime for this info so something obviously isn't right - where do I need to enter these details?

Perhaps someone could give me an 'Idiots step by step instruction Guide' for this - ideally from start to finish :)

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest bleugh
I bought my card from eBuyer (Safecom SDIO 802.11B Wireless LAN Card) and am really struggling with the settings.

Perhaps someone could give me an 'Idiots step by step instruction Guide' for this - ideally from start to finish  :)

Any help would be appreciated.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Read the reviews on ebuyer, the 1st one has a full setup procedure,

Guest Flash

Thanks for that bleugh.

What with the comments on the eBuyer page - and subsequent links fom the review, a trawl through my Belkin router manual and a lot of complete luck :?: I managed to get it running.

I think the main problem was getting through the routers firewall. I would love to finish this off by saying 'yep, managed to sort it by doing.........'

But I'm afraid I can't. I don't really know what I did - the connection just happened :oops:

Guest musicvan

This link might be of help , contains links to a full manual and some support forums / faqs. I just got my safe com card working after some attempts, the problem was security (mac addr) at the router end rather than the card side. Buts it working and seems to be excellent value for money. The SD card shown in the link appears to be larger than the ebuyer one, similar in size to the sandisk one?

http://safecom.cn/code/sub/category.asp?prdid=146&subcatid=2

Not sure what the correct method for turning it off is? Does anybody know. I assume that pulling out the card is not the best method, I only seem to have an RF function on/off control.

Guest flyswat

I need help, I cannot get my Safecom card working very well..

i am having problems with internet explorer on the phone knowing what connection to use when going on line, it keeps defaulting to try to use GPRS. The only way I can find to get around this is in 'connections', and 'select networks' on the advanced tab, then change both to My Work Network. This works. But then I cannot access GPRS when the network card is not in the phone.

Could someone post some of their network/internet settings that are on their phone. This may help sort my problem out.

I have already checked out previous posts (and their links) but to no avail. Heeeeeeelp.

thanks

• 5 years later...