MPX-220 Flash Rom Software Updates.

Guest jnettrecker

Guest jnettrecker

I have a small challenge. I am needing to Update the software on my MPX-220 from version 1.1 to the current version. I have 3 of the latest roms but no way to flash them. The lates version of PST will not connect to my MPX using any usb cable, serial cable, driver, or modem link combination. I guess I need a different program to flash with. I am willing to share any of the motorola files I have if someone needs them. Any help or recommendation would be appreciated. :)

e-mail me.

[email protected]

Flashes I have :

1. GSM_MPX220_Cingular-Blue_MDS-4-1430-1002-001-A01.mlf-06102005

2. GSM_MPX220_Cingular-Orange_MDS-4-1430-1003-001-A01.mlf-06102005

3. GSM_MPX220_Flash_Loader_MDSFL-4-2170.m0_06102005

Aditional Files :

1. MPx-220_LEVEL-2_Service_Manual.pdf

2. MPx220_Getting_Started.pdf

3. MPx220_Smart_Phone_USB_Driver.inf (usb driver)

MPx_220_LEVEL_2_Service_Manual.pdf

Guest jnettrecker

I just downloaded the Rom Updater that Motorola has on thier website and it is no good. It basically searches a ftp that they have set up and checks your version against current releases. I have version 1.1 on my phone and I know that 1.4.3 is available because i have the flash rom direct from Motorola but the updater says that my phone has the latest software. WIERD!

Motorola_MPx220_System_Update_v1.0.0.43.exe

Edited by jnettrecker

Guest roma0803

I don't think it's a good idea to offer unofficial Motorola files here, though kindly offered.

You need the offline updater for flashing your ROM, it can be found >>here<<. With this tool you can do the trick.

Many thanks for the level 2 service manual. Comes at exactly the right time for me :)

Edited by roma0803

• 4 years later...
I don't think it's a good idea to offer unofficial Motorola files here, though kindly offered.

You need the offline updater for flashing your ROM, it can be found >>here<<. With this tool you can do the trick.

Many thanks for the level 2 service manual. Comes at exactly the right time for me :)

link not work.pls relink or reup

• 7 months later...
Guest audrumma
I just downloaded the Rom Updater that Motorola has on thier website and it is no good. It basically searches a ftp that they have set up and checks your version against current releases. I have version 1.1 on my phone and I know that 1.4.3 is available because i have the flash rom direct from Motorola but the updater says that my phone has the latest software. WIERD!

Can any of you guys help me out? I just got a mpx220 (Its cheap and I really like it), and I downloaded the exe file you posted. I ran it and I kept get an error that said i wasn't logged onto the internet. I clearly was logged on to both the internet and ethernet, so I couldn't understand why the process kept stopping at the step where it verifies your internet connection.

I have ActiveSync 4.5 on a Sony Viao (sp?). The Viao has Windows XP which is working fine. It also won't work if I use the new sync software on my brother's Windows Vista Notebook. It then tells me that I'm not connected to ActiveSync. Can any of you help me?