Problem with my mio 8390

Guest samson1648

Guest samson1648

Hi everybody, I have a problem with my mio 8390...(nothing new I guess), the phone had a bad reception, I try to disable the channel list but it doesn’t work,every time it receives two-four sms from local network and after that the phone is useless (I can’t call or receive calls). I really like this phone but this strange behavior is really disappointing. I would like to upgrade (or downgrade, it doesn’t matter) the radio version (I think that’s the problem) but I don’t know how to do that (which software?),can anyone help me? Please I’m really desperate and I don’t want another smartphone...

About:

Operator: 4.20.13349.0

Manufacturer: 44.0.0.0

Microsoft: 4.20.13349.0

Language: 4.20.13349.0

File system: 4.20.13349.0

Radio: R4.0.4 MBE44087-01 P2

Languages are English and Chinese...

P.s.: Magnetic_dud dammi una mano per favore! Ho una scheda della Vodafone che sia questo il problema per via della doppia banda? Grazie Ciao.

Guest schriss

Older ROMs have this problem. To make it work you need to edit channels and add the one you don't want to receive. Only then your phone will know that it needs to ignore this channel.

On latest R45 ROM you don't need to enter channels, all are properly blocked.

Guest Fredde87

it is possible to fix the channel list thing but unfortuntly it is not possible to fix the cant call/receive calls error. I have the same thing and I have tried 4 HK roms and 5 CHS roms and none of them will fix this. I have also upgraded to the latest RF rom but this doesnt help. I am selling my phone in two days due to this :/

Guest Magnetic_dud

(sorry if i don't write in english... use google translator :))

Devi aggiornare la rom con una versione a partire dalla R44 in poi. Con il mio RF 42000 la batteria con vodafone non durava una mazza, adesso con la 49026 dura MOLTO di più, azzardo il quadruplo o il quintuplo.

L'errore di non poter rispondere alle chiamate è colpa di Windows Mobile, lo fa anche un (costoso) MPx220 di un mi amico.

Guest Fredde87
(sorry if i don't write in english... use google translator :))

Devi aggiornare la rom con una versione a partire dalla R44 in poi. Con il mio RF 42000 la batteria con vodafone non durava una mazza, adesso con la 49026 dura MOLTO di più, azzardo il quadruplo o il quintuplo.

L'errore di non poter rispondere alle chiamate è colpa di Windows Mobile, lo fa anche un (costoso) MPx220 di un mi amico.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I understood your italien correctly when I translated it then I must disagree that the call problem is WM related... I have three WM smartphones and only the mitac suffers from this problem. It is bad build by mitac when it comes to loading the correct drivers for the phone function.