TomTom GO

Guest ShaneBoyd

Guest ShaneBoyd

I've been resaerching both the TomTOm GO 300 and 700 but am focusing on the 700 moreso. Does anyone have any advice as to what I should look for, etc.?

Guest gpsgal
I've been resaerching both the TomTOm GO 300 and 700 but am focusing on the 700 moreso.  Does anyone have any advice as to what I should look for, etc.?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Shane,

From my experience, the GO Series are the same on the outside, the main variants are the Map Data and Memory on the units.

Are you going to travel in Europe?

If so, and you are choosing from the Tomtom GO series then the 700 is probably best for you as it has all the maps installed on its internal hard drive (all others just take SD cards). It claims to be able to calculate across borders, which previous versions couldn't do and all the map data is pre-installed. With the 300 and 500 I believe you have to pay extra for the map data, which on previous versions was over £100. I do not think that tomtom have released EU Maps yet, so if travelling in Europe than this would be my choice.

It also offers option to use it as a Bluetooth Handfree Kit in the Car - never used it personally but it is an extra feature.

Guest ShaneBoyd
Hi Shane,

From my experience, the GO Series are the same on the outside, the main variants are the Map Data and Memory on the units.

Are you going to travel in Europe?

If so, and you are choosing from the Tomtom GO series then the 700 is probably best for you as it has all the maps installed on its internal hard drive (all others just take SD cards).  It claims to be able to calculate across borders, which previous versions couldn't do and all the map data is pre-installed.  With the 300 and 500 I believe you have to pay extra for the map data, which on previous versions was over £100.  I do not think that tomtom have released EU Maps yet, so if travelling in Europe than this would be my choice.

It also offers option to use it as a Bluetooth Handfree Kit in the Car - never used it personally but it is an extra feature.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks so much for your advice. I am right now leaning towards the 300 because it is cheaper. However, I am still tring to make up my mind. I will be traveling primarily in the US but hope to use it in Europe at some point soon. What do you use and how does it compare?