A Stopwatch for WM 2003 (well 8 in 1)

Guest stevie_mac

Guest stevie_mac

Updated

Hi, thought it was about time I gave something back to the community!

ss17bu.pngss29li.pngss31fz.pngss45rj.pngss58fy.pngss67jj.png

Some time ago, I needed a stopwatch & realised the "Smartphone" didn't have one (or at least I couldn't find one anyhoo!) so I created one. Its intended use was to time several items at once (e.g. a race). I don't like standard Start / Lap /Stop timers so I laid it out as 8 individual timers. Each one can be started / stopped individually & they are Count up / Count down configurable. It is quite basic & does what I initially intended it to do (minus some features I'd planned like saving the setup, beautifying etc).See updates below

Normally I'd have done this in C++ (so It could be used on WM2002 & WM2003) but I was in a hurry & so did it in C# - my apologies to the WM2002 users! Unfortunately, still true!

I have attached the executable (it should work without installation) and a CAB if you need / prefer to use that.

NOTES:

This application is...

1. Fully functional Plus some more

2. Free Still free

4. Not guaranteed in any manner or fashion (insert std disclaimer here) Still True

This application is not...

1. Beautified No longer true, now its quite tidy!

2. Purported to be atomic clock accurate

3. Finished (as in some features I'd hoped to add are not done - I might finish it one day!) Almost true

4. Thoroughly bug / operation / spell checked

HOW IT WORKS:

1. Start the application

2. Select the timer to using the joystick / rocker. push the action button to Start / Stop the timer. Alternatively, press 1 to Start / Stop timer 1, press 2 to Start / Stop timer 2 etc etc (there are 8 timers)

3. Press * to Start / Stop all timers

4. Press # to reset all timers.

5. Press 0 to reset the selected timer

6. Press 9 to configure the selected timer.

7. Press Call to cycle through the timers (action key on WM2005)

MORE..

> Count completion audible alert / vibration alert

> HTML Report output

> Save & load up to 5 timer 'Sets'

Regards - Steve Mac.

Update:

See discussion thread...

http://www.modaco.com/8-in-1-Stopwatch-t227276.html

Get latest version...

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=dscrip...tails&f_id=1153

Edited by stevie_mac

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest limox9

Hi, Stevie! That CAB does NOT install on IPAQ 6510 (WM2003) .. i dunno why. He said: it's not Windows CE (!?) CAB. What i do wrong?

P.S. Thanx for that stuff - it's best stopwatch i've used before. I have previous version on my T-Mobile, works perfect!

Edited by limox9

Guest stevie_mac
Hi, Stevie! That CAB does NOT install on IPAQ 6510 (WM2003) .. i dunno why. He said: it's not Windows CE (!?) CAB. What i do wrong?

P.S. Thanx for that stuff - it's best stopwatch i've used before. I have previous version on my T-Mobile, works perfect!

Hi limox9, the cab was made for smartphone & that is why it wont install.

The reason is that although the program will work on a PDA running WM2003, there are issues.

• No touch screen support (on main screen & custom time entry control)
  • Screen is not recalculated properly when rotated (is ok if you start in portrait / landscape - but is odd when you change) or when keyboard is displayed
  • Backgrounds for different size screens are currenly static (not auto generated) and I have not yet created all combinations of resolutions (actually, I need to generate background rather than have static images as there are more and more different resolutions cropping up.

I may get around to these at some point (and add some features suggested in another thread) but time is tight at the moment.

That said, If you wanna run it on your IPAQ 6510, copy the files installed on your smartphone to a folder on your IPAQ 6510. It will work, but with the limitations I explained above.

Regards, Steve.

• 10 months later...
Guest koolkingkai

super super awesome, thanks a bunch. i was looking for a countdown timer and watch8 is so much more then i was looking for

thanks again

• 1 month later...
Guest TopDog

This is just what I was looking for, and then some!

I can confirm it works fine on WM6 (HTC Vox) as long as you keep it in portrait mode :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest stevie_mac
Don't want to be picky with a 'free' app, but how often is it going to ask me for a donation?

Cheeky ;-)

Oh dear, I guess there is a problem! It should only show once - after 5 uses from install. Tell me, do your settings save OK? Can you add a timer set & does it persist after closing & reopening the application? Can you browse to the installation folder & tel me what value is assigned to "app.rc" in the file "config.ini"? it should be increment with each usage. If it is stuck at 5 then change it to 6!

Steve.

It would seem with some new features i added - I have started using .NET2 framework which it appears does not install on 2003 (i think it was something to do with touch adding screen support & rotation.

My apologies, If I get time, I will try to remove these dependencies without removing any functionality. for now though, it would seen to be a no go!

Steve.

PS, sorry for the delay in responding.

Guest Wombleuk

Steve,

it's only asked me once so far, but I didn't know if it was going to continue.

It's not something I'll be using much anyway, just a nice-to-have.

thanks,

Graham

• 3 months later...