Qtek 8010 Upgrade from 1.3.31.12?

Guest pheller

Guest pheller

Recently, I purchased a new Qtek 8010 to replace my Audiovox SMT5600, for a couple reasons:

1) SMT5600 has been spontaneously switching to headset profile and needs to go in for warranty repair, but I can't be without a phone

2) I will be spending an extended time in Europe beginning in a few months, so 900 Mhz is more useful

Anyways, the phone that was shipped to me was intended for the German market, as it included software and manuals in German, WM2003SE was preconfigured for all German regional settings, and it came with a German power adapter.

However, the phone has WM9, and I'd suspect that there are updates to several of other bundled software packages. I really hope so, it seems this phone actually gets marginally poorer battery life than the SMT5600... I can only attribute that to some sort of resource usage, since I've configured the phones identically.

Anyways, the phone is running operator version 1.3.31.12. Unfortunatley, none of the available update documentation list this version as a valid predecessor.

So I guess I'm asking if anyone has upgraded a Qtek 8010 running this operator version, what they upgraded too, if they noted any serious improvements, etc.

Thanks!

Regards,

--phil

• 3 weeks later...
Guest karlux

I used upgrade from SMT 5600 to Qtek 8010 2.2.32.11.

seems to be ok... but anyway my phone has too many errore - like i can't cahnge time and date now!! And the reception is very weak!!

I would like to instal any othe rom...

• 4 weeks later...

Guys! I have found the solution to this problem. Here how you can upgrade the German version of Qtek 8010 v1.3.31.12 (and not only) to the new one:

1) download the new ROM from qtek.se or other sites.

2) download the program I have attached - see link below

3) unzip the downloaded file and run it

4) run the ROM installer and click Next, so that the setup files are extracted

5) Do not click Next in the "caution" step yet. Return to the downloaded program and click File > Open NBF...

6) Navigate to somewhere like "C:\Documents and Settings\(Username)\Local Settings\Temp\pft1B.tmp" to find a file with ".nbf" extension and click Open.

7) Tap Tools > Edit header data...

8) In the opened window erase the fild "Operator" and click OK.

9) Tap Tools > Recalculate Header CRC32

10) Overwrite the .nbf file by saving the file at the same position from File > Save as...

11) Close the program and continue the installation of the ROM. That's ALL :D ;)))

I have tried it myself and It worked!!!

edit : attachment removed - tool link here

Edited by Disco Stu

Guest dleasman

This is all very exciting... I have had so much frustration with firmware v1.3.31.12 and it not containing Media Player 10.

My first question is: What version were you able to upgrade to? Also, a link to the correct firmware to use would also be helpful, as I pretty much only read English, and very little German.

I am very impressed with what you have accomplished, and hope to upgrade my German Qtek 8010 too.

The process looks easy (not that I have downloaded your program and re-read your instructions), but I am without the actual firmware and installer to get the new firmware on my phone.

Thanks,

-Dana

Edited by dleasman

Guest dleasman

OK... My Qtek 8010 is now un-officially an i-Mate SP3 (or at least it thinks it is). I successfully updated my firmware from Qtek 1.3.31.12 to i-Mate SP3 firmware 2.4.33.11, and it works fantastic! Media Player 10 rocks! Seems to have a lot of other new subtle features too, like ringing options, etc. I recommend this upgrade if you have the same phone with the same firmware I had.

Happy Day!

-Dana

Edited by dleasman

• 1 month later...
OK... My Qtek 8010 is now un-officially an i-Mate SP3 (or at least it thinks it is). I successfully updated my firmware from Qtek 1.3.31.12 to i-Mate SP3 firmware 2.4.33.11, and it works fantastic! Media Player 10 rocks! Seems to have a lot of other new subtle features too, like ringing options, etc. I recommend this upgrade if you have the same phone with the same firmware I had.

Happy Day!

-Dana

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

great dleasman!!!

but...does that rom work with tomtom mobile?

my 8010 came with 1.3.31.12 version and I upgraded it to 2.2.31.12 version (which is the latest multilanguage version). After one week, I haven't found any problem (reception is good, battery life seems good, mp3 ringtones, MP10, and it works quite well with TomTom mobile 5). In short, I reccomend to upgrade to that version, which can be found on ed2k network by searching --> 8010_new.

p.s. I think 2.2.32.11 version is only for Norwegians users.

Edited by dorje

Hello.

I have a Qtek8010 with 1.1.31.11 version (sold in Portugal).

Does 2.2.31.12 have portuguese language? Or just 2.2.31.11?

Thanks in advance

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

latest version is 2.2.32.11 but it's a nordic version (without portuguese language). latest multilanguage version is 2.2.31.12 (with portuguese language but without brazilian language).

Thanks Dorje for your reply.

Could you do me a favor and email that rom version (2.2.31.12)? I know...22mb file size :shock:

I found the ed2k link....but no luck downloading it (no sources online).

My email is: [email protected]

Thanks again in advance. ;)

Could you do me a favor and email that rom version (2.2.31.12)? I know...22mb file size  :shock:

My email is:    [email protected]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you have PM :D

Thanks Dorje.

I upgraded my Qtek with sucess! Mp3 ring...finally!  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

me alegro, abom...espero q tu haya encontrado el idioma portugues..al comienzo he vuelto loco para entender el aleman (cuando reiniciè el movil despues de la puesta al dia, me ha salido el aleman :??: )

Guest combustion

Could you do me a favor and email that rom version (2.2.31.12)? I know...22mb file size  :shock:

My email is:    [email protected]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

could omeone please pm me a link to this rom.

or email it to [email protected]

thanks in advance

me alegro, abom...espero q tu haya encontrado el idioma portugues..al comienzo he vuelto loco para entender el aleman (cuando reiniciè el movil despues de la puesta al dia, me ha salido el aleman :??:  )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ola dorje. O meu espanhol é mau..ehehe

So i will reply in english.

I took note for the steps to change the language, before i upgraded the qtek. :D

This firmware is great...untill now, no faults. I also installed new software...no problem!

Soon...i will buy a gps receiver...install tomtom5... 8)

A friend of mine has a motorola mpx220 locked to an operator. He doesn't have all the features that i have now...not even idphoto ;)

dorje,can i have that rom too??im a complete ewbie and am using krome iq 700. lemme also enjoy wm 10!!

mail me at k_kiran000 [at] yahoo.co.in

thanx a zillion!!

latest version is 2.2.32.11 but it's a nordic version (without portuguese language). latest multilanguage version is 2.2.31.12 (with portuguese language but without brazilian language).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi all !

Anyone can help me to say where can I download the 2.2.31.12 ?

I need to run my 8020 with italian lannguage and this version seems to be the right one.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest JuDRuNK

I have a qtek 8010 in spanish with 1.3.31.12 rom, and i cant install any program

when i try to install anythink, the qtek tells me the installation is not for my device version... :D

I think if i update the rom the problem will disappear, but when i install 2.2.31.12 rom, the program says my qtek lang is deutsch, and its not true, it is spanish no deutsch!!! :shock:

What can i do to install the 2.2.31.12 rom in spanish?

Thanks in advance :)