JASJAR GPRS & MMS Solution(well it works for me)

Guest neuronisis

Guest neuronisis

Ok, if you haven't already downloaded the SIM_Sensing_UK_NL_SA_AU_NZ_V1.00.00 file, download it. Available at the I - Mate site when you register your devise:- http://www.clubimate.com

1. Create a new folder on your desktop(Call it what you like)

2. Copy the Sim Sensing file to this folder

3. Right click on the file and select extract here(Using WINRAR).

4. Now you should have many .CAB files.

5. Right click on Vodafone_UK_Contract(or which one you require) and copy that to your JASJAR device i.e. my documents, my device etc.

6. Now access file explorer(on the jasjar) and locate the file and tap on Vodafone_UK_Contract.

7. When prompted, install to device NOT storage card.

8. A short delay, it will tell you it's all done, tap ok and you can now delete the Sim Sensing file. Do a soft reset(probably not essential but i did) and you're ready to access the internet and send mms.

8)

EDIT: As pointed out by inspectorgadjet, you could just go to the JasJar support section of the Club I-Mate site, click on Operator settings, and download just the cab files for the settings you need.

Edited by neuronisis

Post pinned!

For those wondering why he couldn't just run the SIM sensing app there is apparently a problem with running it on the Jasjar. :roll:

Obviously if anyone wanted the settings for an operator other then Vodafone they'd just have to find the right one for them (Orange, T-Mobile, etc) and install that instead.

Please remember folks that if you don't have an I-Mate Jasjar you won't be able to register to get the app in question. Do not ask for the file here as it would be against the forum rules for anyone to provide it. :?:

Guest inspectorgadjet

I don't undestand why you would go to the hassle of downloading that file and getting all of the operator settings when you could just as well go to the JasJar support section, and click on Operator settings, and download just the cab files for the settings you need.

I don't undestand why you would go to the hassle of downloading that file and getting all of the operator settings when you could just as well go to the JasJar support section, and click on Operator settings, and download just the cab files for the settings you need.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good advice, my excuse is never having had an I-Mate so not having seen the support section :oops:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest neuronisis
Good advice, my excuse is never having had an I-Mate so not having seen the support section :oops:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Inspectorgadjet, initially the instructions on the I-mate website advised you to download the whole file and install it to you jasjar. This would then freeze your device. I then realized (after many other people who posted these symptons on the I-mate support page) that you had to extract the correct cab file, this was not mentioned in the install instructions. I then e-mailed the I-mate support team who then broke up the cab file and changed the install instructions. Therefore clearing up the problem. Also I posted this advice for the purpose of helping others, quite possibly the time I posted the 'problem and solution' the issue was already addressed. Your welcome.

• 1 month later...
Guest adamfield

could anyone share these settings with thiose of us that dont have i-mate devices

I have a bog standard universal and i have WWW browsing working but i've no idea what the settings are for MMS etc

Thanks

Guest sxywill2005

I have bought the imate jasjar and I'm on Orange PAYG.

When I recieve an MMS it comes up with a message information and the option to download. Thing is though it says download at the bottom. When I click that it comes up with failed all the time. I have downloaded the operator settings from imate but I have had no luck. :)

Anyway around this?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest philtech44
I have bought the imate jasjar and I'm on Orange PAYG.

When I recieve an MMS it comes up with a message information and the option to download.  Thing is though it says download at the bottom.  When I click that it comes up with failed all the time.  I have downloaded the operator settings from imate but I have had no luck. :)

Anyway around this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Speak to orange CS, get them to either send the settings to your phone or email the correct settings for you to manually input them...

Guest sxywill2005

I bloody well have! I asked Orange for the settings for the Jasjar and they said they didn't have them but I could do it manually. So I did... still didn't work. So I tried orange again still didnt work.

I went to my local orange business centre.... they told me to ring orange as its not an official handset.

So I ask for the M5000 settings and they said no because my phone is totally different from the M5000. Arghhhhhhhhhh!

Looks like I may switch to.... VODAFONE :D my friends sim card worked perfectly on there. 3G, MMS.... :)

Guest Pondrew

I'm not so sure it's a settings problem so much as Orange customer services not having activated your PAYG account for MMS yet. This is something that is done remotely...

• 1 year later...
Guest pride
could anyone share these settings with thiose of us that dont have i-mate devices

I have a bog standard universal and i have WWW browsing working but i've no idea what the settings are for MMS etc

Thanks

As I don't have a 'standard' Universal I lost the settings for my phone but found that the HTC Network Settings Wizard fixed everything (I know its on the HTC 3600 page but it works just fine). I know this is an old thread but the wizard may help someone out there.

Network Settings WizardsDownload a wizard which lets you install connection settings for your device (Web, WAP, MMS) for a selection of mobile operators.

UK operators [O2, Orange, T-Mobile, Vodafone...]

France [sFR, Orange, Bouygues...]

Germany [O2, T-mobile, E-plus, Vodafone...]

Italy [Vodafone, Wind, TIM, 3]

Spain [Movistar, Orange, Vodafone]

Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland

Network Settings Wizard HTC Source