SmartIrc.net 1.12 has been released

Guest nAmCE

Version 1.12 released. Double buffering is now used to reduce flickering. SmartIrc.net is also a bit more dpi-aware now. I have only tested it on my brand new Imate Jasjar (hands down the coolest phone ever made), please let me know if you have issues on non-vga devices or SmartPhones. Download it from http://kny.iki.fi/smartirc/

I've just tried SmartIrc on the C550 and it works great. I connected to MoDaCo chat and it looks very good on the on the QVGA screen. I haven't found any problems with the application so far.

Nice work nAmCE.

I've just tried SmartIrc on the C550 and it works great.  I connected to MoDaCo chat and it looks very good on the on the QVGA screen.  I haven't found any problems with the application so far.

Nice work nAmCE.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for these encouraging words :o

Kim

Duh! The nice SmartIrc.net bitmap was not showing up anymore, sorry for that. It looks like using 'res2exe -c -r hidpi.res SmartIrc.exe' to add the high resolution awareness breaks the icon resource. I should have checked the documentation first :o. Anyway, I just replaced the old 1.12 version with a new version, if you downloaded SmartIrc.net yesterday and you want the icon back, please download it again (icon might not show up until you reboot). Sorry for the fuzz.

I thought I'd bump this topic just in case someone can't get to a PC tonight and would like to participate in the MoDaCo chat from their phone using SmartIrc :o

I use this simple setup for C550 :(

Go to Settings-Data connections, Menu-Options and set 'Idle disconnect=Never'.

(for C500 make sure you have the 'never' option otherwise the GPRS timeouts could be disruptive. The option is available on the newer C500 roms)

Go to Settings-Home Screen and set 'Time out=never'.

Download SmartIRC version 1.12 from http://kny.iki.fi/smartirc/

Save exe file to phone

Load SmartIRC, Menu-Settings and enter the following

Server: irc.modaco.com 6667

Nick: (any nickname)

Name: (any username)

User: (any username)

Init: join #modaco

Font: Small

Done

Connect

SmartIRC should automatically open a GPRS connection but if it doesn't then open a GPRS connection with IE first.