Tanager keypad shots

Guest fluffcat1

Guest fluffcat1

Some shots of the sd holder and keypad assembly.

Out of interest the screen from canary, although different physical dimensions, connects to and works with the tanager board. I was bored..... :roll:

Richard

post-145647-1127168206_thumb.jpg

post-145647-1127168253_thumb.jpg

Anything you can do, I can butcher worse! 8)

post-2910-1127230413_thumb.jpg post-2910-1127231193_thumb.jpg

The SD card slot hadn't been working in my old E200 for a while. Thought I'd have a look. Didn't manage to fix it yet but am guessing the reason it's not working is that the sd holder itself has come unsoldered from the keyboard board. I'm guessing this is what causes so many SPV E200s SD slots to stop working.

post-2910-1127230660_thumb.jpg post-2910-1127230681_thumb.jpg

Check out the brightness of the leds when the device is turned on!

post-2910-1127231044_thumb.jpg

And amazingly it still works after putting it back together! :o

What about your SD slot though, is that now working?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately not. To be honest I'm not good at soldering when the target is so small so not really willing to risk doing that (yet?)

Can't help thinking it would be easiest just to replace the keyboard board that the SD slot is attached to, an idea, funnily enough, that Fluffcat1 put into my head.

One observation from studying the insides of the HTC Smartphone though. It's remarkably modular (can be split down into components such as camera, keyboard/sd card slot, lcd screen, etc).

Guest fluffcat1
Unfortunately not. To be honest I'm not good at soldering when the target is so small so not really willing to risk doing that (yet?)

Can't help thinking it would be easiest just to replace the keyboard board that the SD slot is attached to, an idea, funnily enough, that Fluffcat1 put into my head.

One observation from studying the insides of the HTC Smartphone though. It's remarkably modular (can be split down into components such as camera, keyboard/sd card slot, lcd screen, etc).

Lifted connections = EASY fix by reflowing ( as longs as the pads haven't been pulled off the board by the solder - even then can still be fixed ). Hot air gun, flux, and about 5 minutes of your time. Try to avoid using a soldering iron.

Can't help but think that's why they put the typhoon's memory slot on the inside - stop you taking the card out so often and adding stress to the joints - my mpx220 needs reflowing as the minisd slot is playing up.

Richard

Edited by fluffcat1