New Orange Developers Site - Unlock Over The Air!

Guest wirefree90

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

I figured it out too, about 2 minutes after I posted the edit to my post :lol: I've posted a separate thread for those that have the same problem.

Guest Torben Vognsen

forgot the url... In case you havent been there: (:lol:) 4Smartphone.dk

We will also be giving away accessories from Orange in a few weeks, so you might wanna keep coming back... hehe. Also, I've just done an interview with the head of Orange DK's SPV division, so there'll be other interesting news in the coming days...

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

Accessories from Orange? This *is* Orange DK were talking about here, yes? :lol: You mean to tell me they've finally recognized the fact that the SPV exists and that there are some danish users? About f****** time.

Guest andysalmon

Tried 3 time now with no luck whatsoever :lol: Anyone else been unable to unlock :?: Mind you I haven't even been unable to unlock manually either :!: ;)

Whenever I click on the link 'To get your SPV locked or unlocked click here', I just get the same page redisplayed in a new Window. I have tried IE6 and Netscape 7 both under Windows ME.

What else can I try ?

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
Tried 3 time now with no luck whatsoever :lol:  Anyone else been unable to unlock :?:  Mind you I haven't even been unable to unlock manually either :!:  ;)

Try my method mentioned above; it's really aimed at Danish users but you've got nothing to lose if you can't get the "normal" way to work anyway...

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
Whenever I click on the link 'To get your SPV locked or unlocked click here', I just get the same page redisplayed in a new Window. I have tried IE6 and Netscape 7 both under Windows ME.  

What else can I try ?

Make sure you have cookies enabled and no popup-stopper apps running. NIS, if you have that, also gives problems - disable it for the duration of the unlocking process. Better still, get yerself a sorted firewall :lol:

Thanks to you Chris, i've gone a step further. Now i got the message "your SPV is successfully unlocked"... ok good but it's NOT. I tried to install the Registry Editor PHM, Install goes ok but when i run the program it says "Not Valid Application CE32" or something like that in french.

wtf is goin on ? :lol:

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
Thanks to you Chris, i've gone a step further. Now i got the message "your SPV is successfully unlocked"... ok good but it's NOT. I tried to install the Registry Editor PHM, Install goes ok but when i run the program it says "Not Valid Application CE32" or something like that in french.

wtf is goin on ? :lol:

Are you sure you're using PHM Registry Editor for the MS Smartphone? If you get the message you mention on your SPV, it *is* unlocked.

Guest Vector

I had this problem with th registry editor. There are two ways of installing it, you can either use a .cab or there is another way. I think the .cab worked for me :wink:

Guest fraser

This couldn't have come at a better time for me! I'm getting ready to go out, reboot my phone 'cos GPRS isn't working and it reverts back to certed. I thought I'd be facing a hard-reset, so I checked here for any updates to the unofficial unlock too, and I see this!

Well, I didn't actually see this until I saw someone mention it in another thread. I'm I the only one that didn't notice this thread because it was a sticky? The sticky's around here change so little that I generally don't look up at them!!

Guest muude

Can someone upload the .cab file plz for the people who don f**king know how to turn their bl**dy firewall off?? Or mail 'em or PM me the files... Someone plz!! I'm getting desperate!!

Guest Firaas

Heh find it quite amusing how if you click on "I disagree" on the t&c's, you can still go through to the next page :lol:

EDIT: AHH! I'm tired. That's not the next page, it's the page before. [slaps self].

Guest robinbarnard

Hey guys!

Is it me or has anyone else noticed that whenever a topic appears saying you can do something with your phone one or more essential things you need to know aren't metioned until 20 odd posts later if you are lucky!

Its all well and good all you superusers who can do this stuff with you eyes closed, but me am dumb!

I need full step by step, accounting for all possibilites (such as my phone aint registerd) instructions to unlock i have trawled through this whole topic but only to get so far then a bit further, then a bit further, but i still aint past the finishing post!

Help dumb old me, i don't want to do anyting radical or illegal i just want to try a little visual basic programming on a less demanding platform (than a pc)!

Guest midnight

i think your problem there is that us 'superusers?' tend to get it right first time, and so you wont get a step -by- step because we think its easy. solutions only arrive when the problems arise if you get what i mean.

and as i mentioned before, orange aint gonna help you with this cos they dont expect the 'developers' to want step by step instructions how to install something otherwise they wouldnt be very good developers would they :wink:

Guest theplayer

Hello everyone

I had successfully unlocked using the Orange web service, after which I installed various programs including Notepad, Taskmanager, Snes Emulator. All these except the Snes emulator were working fine then my phone crashed. I removed the battery and after a soft reset my phone had relapsed to its former state.

Having done a hard resent, reinstalled the update I cannot seem to unlock the phone using the orange site, including downloading the action register and following the instruction on using this I get the following on the action register display

"Status: Action lock is running phone is registered"

I then try to run one of the unsigned programs only to be confronted by

"Access denied: The program cannot start because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate, please contact your service provider for more information"

Am I missing something? Can anyone help me out?

Many thanks in advance.

Matt

Guest florin_m

Me too seems to get problem with it ;)

I run the cab from the site, i entered my phone no (+44 (space)xxx and +44xxxx) clicked register, saing all done, conecting internet (browsing few sites) and gone on site with unlock and :

Sorry, but we cannot find the IMEI and mobile phone number you have entered on our database. Please check all the details above carefully & click OK

Done it about 20 times, still the same. Do i miss something? My card had a different no before (no i transfered my voda no on orange), maybe if a record exist allready, that that's it??? Do u send the imsi + the phone no, if the phone no different from the orginial imsi that's it??

Advice pls :lol:

Guest Torben Vognsen
i think your problem there is that us 'superusers?' tend to get it right first time, and so you wont get a step -by- step because we think its easy. solutions only arrive when the problems arise if you get what i mean.

and as i mentioned before, orange aint gonna help you with this cos they dont expect the 'developers' to want step by step instructions how to install something otherwise they wouldnt be very good developers would they :wink:

Actually they helped me - and put someone from actionengine on it as well... Thats how we got the first Action Register program - even though I know know that you can get it by doing other things as well...