New ROM R47 for Mio8390

Guest schriss

• 1 month later...
Guest Pondrew

Welcome to MoDaCo vetonsh. May I refer u to the post below. Please check the forum rules in the top left if in any doubt...

It's illegal to post it, so if you want it you will need to search for it yourself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest starfarer

banging head,searching,translating and still couldn't find a way to upgrade!!!!! Flash by USB do somekind of time countdown and when the time is up it says press any key which takes to start menu. FarurO2 just keeps on posting error message couldn't open USB device and if killed wsc***** process just seems to be doing nothing. Help please.

>1. Decompress ROM archive to a folder in your drive. You should have

a .bin file and flasher.exe

> 2. Kill or uninstall activesync (no wcescomm.exe in memory!)

> 3. Turn OFF your phone and connect it to your pc using the usb cable

> 4. Also connect your phone to a power plug even if it is completely

charged! This is VERY important not to lose power during update...

> 5. Keep red button and down throttle pressed on the phone until it

powers up and enters the flash menu (it is a blue menu)

> 6. Browse the menu and select flash ROM (the first) and by USB. A

timer will start waiting for the ROM.

> 7. Now run flasher.exe, press OK and in the Image 1 insert the .bin

file you firstly decompressed.

> 8. Start flashing and wait until your phone tells you to reboot it.

Guest starfarer

its strange.....Rom update is successful but radio version still is 44216 whereas i done 49026.

R45CHT

R16

R4.0.4 MBE44216-01 P2

why's that RF not upgrading?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fredde87
"very crap" - details please

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Contains loads of chinese only stuff which no one else needs. It doesnt have the GAPI fix, it doesnt fix the dropping signal issues and it doesnt have english T9... Go for the r45, it has the gapi fixed and it has english T9.

Guest schriss
Contains loads of chinese only stuff which no one else needs. It doesnt have the GAPI fix, it doesnt fix the dropping signal issues and it doesnt have english T9... Go for the r45, it has the gapi fixed and it has english T9.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

must be many versions, because my R47CH does have GAPI fixed, does not drop signal. Didn't look at T9 as I don't use it..

Anyway, I'm not using my Mio8390 anymore, it suffers doubleclick, so SMSing is VERY annoying especially if you need to replay FAST. Maybe it's hardware, or maybe it's because of those ROM updates. Mitac support wrote don't update yourself you will have problems.. :?:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fredde87
must be many versions, because my R47CH does have GAPI fixed, does not drop signal. Didn't look at T9 as I don't use it..

Anyway, I'm not using my Mio8390 anymore, it suffers doubleclick, so SMSing is VERY annoying especially if you need to replay FAST. Maybe it's hardware, or maybe it's because of those ROM updates. Mitac support wrote don't update yourself you will have problems..  :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your probebly correct, I dont use my 8390 anymore either so I cant remeber what I didnt like with this rom, but I do however remember that I really hated it compared to the r45...

• 5 months later...