My new strange battery!

Guest Toyota-F1.com

Guest Toyota-F1.com

Well, I bought and Orange SPV E200 battery (made by Cameron Sino) and it's quite strange in that there's no temperature sensor (s you can't tell temperature), and the percentage of bettery doesn't fall gradually, it jumps in great leaps! Especiall after around 36%, if you leave it untouched, it'll fall in about 2 hours to 26%, 20%, 15%, 10%, then carry on dropping really quickly.

I think overall, it lasts slightly longer than my original battery, it lasts a long time in the 70, 80, and 90 percent range.

Any other similar experiences?

Only ever used the original battery myself and that still provides the same battery life it ever did. Like yours used to, mine drops off a percent at a time (as u'd expect most batteries to!)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Toyota-F1.com

Problem:

So I charged it all night, and then left it for a week or two while I continued to use my original battery.

I put this new Cameron Sino battery back in, what happens now is that the battery/phone thinks it's at 100% all the time (even though it's flat now) and the charge LED goes green straight away, therefore it won't charge. I don't understand why it thinks its at 100%.

Is there anything I can do, or should the battery be binned, and if so, what should I choose in a new battery if I am to buy another from e-bay, to avoid having these problems?

Thankyou!

stupid thing to add but tried cleaning the battery area of the phone and the battery? (just wipe it with your clean fingers)

dont buy from ebay regardless... get a genuine proper new battery from Orange or wherever..anywhere but ebay

Guest Toyota-F1.com

Well, I've already tried cleaning it, but another small development, I left it for a day or two, and now when I tried it, it's at 95%, however it still doesn't charge. So maybe if I leave it for a fw weeks it'll improve.

Also, I can't actually find a proper one from Orange, it's discontinued, and it also cost £50, whereas this ebay one cost £15. So the only thing I can do is buy from ebay. After a couple of weeks.

Edited by Toyota-F1.com

Guest Pondrew

Hey Toyota-F1.com (good luck in the F1 next year by the way ;) )

This might be an opportunity to sell on the E200 (HTC Voyager) with both batteries (make sure they know about the strange behavour of the spare though!) and check out one of the newer models. The price of the newer non QVGA Smartphones is going to drop pretty quickly from now on (the only reason I have a C500 is as I was able to get a good deal on it). Still have my E200 altho think I'm about to send it to Fluffcat1 (who I have to thank for the C500 by the way!) for repair of the SD card slot.

Guest Toyota-F1.com

Thanks for that, hopefully we'll win a race next year!

I wanted to get a SPV C500 a while ago, but I can't find it on PAYG on Orange, because I'd like a brand new one, and I wouldn't mind spending around £100 on it. Also, I don't mind if I can't sell mine, I never actually buy or sell anything online (someone bought the ebay battery for me). I just want my exact phone, but a bit smaller and better battery life! (A problem with the new QVGA ones is that I'd have to change all my wallpapers and I'd rather not do anything like that, because I'm really really happy with mine!)

Thanks for your help ;)