• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Vodafone Vpx Casing

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Just got a vodafone VPX off ebay, anyone any ideas why the top casing is so chunky compared to other blueangels? They've built up the area around the earpiece, and the frame around the screen is approx 2mm higher from the screen than an m2000 or xda IIs, giving it a noticable ridge and making the overall thickness greater and I can't understand why? Surely if the were going to re-style it for their own use they could have done it a bit better and possibley made it slimmer than an m200 rather than chunkier?

I'll post comparison photos when my camera is charged.

Richard

Posted · Report post

Wow. Didn't realise there was a difference.

Posted · Report post

The VPX also doesn't have the FCC ID of Blueangel on the IMEI plate - instead it has the specifi absorbtion rate listed :

SAR 0.201 w/Kg@10g

Hmmmm....wonder what it'd take to cook a braincell?....

Comparison pictures of M2000 / IIs / VPx attached.

Richard

post-145647-1128902154_thumb.jpg

post-145647-1128902205_thumb.jpg

post-145647-1128902256_thumb.jpg

post-145647-1128902291_thumb.jpg

post-145647-1128902335_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

Somehow missed your post back on the 10th. Bizarre that they would go to the trouble of using a unique case rather then just changing it subtly like most providers did. Especially as I'd probably say it makes it look fatter and uglier! :?:

How come this device has next to no references to it online? All I could find were some shop listings (mostly without pics). Vodafone don't seem to feature it ANYWHERE!

Even stranger seeing your post here about the VPx components not seeming to be compatible with other Blue Angel variation parts :shock:

Posted · Report post

Somehow missed your post back on the 10th. Bizarre that they would go to the trouble of using a unique case rather then just changing it subtly like most providers did. Especially as I'd probably say it makes it look fatter and uglier!  :?:

How come this device has next to no references to it online? All I could find were some shop listings (mostly without pics). Vodafone don't seem to feature it ANYWHERE!

Even stranger seeing your post here about the VPx components not seeming to be compatible with other Blue Angel variation parts  :shock:

Even weirder - I've seen references on Vodamoan's site about them supplying it as a Qtek!?!...

And they have a HTC magician available too.

This particular VPX board has had a small amount of damage to the external aeriel adaptor hence my wanting to swap it for a mint one - the signal is v.weak at the best of times although GPRS is fine.

Richard