Useful Tweaks for SP5/SP5m/Tornado

Guest chrisc28

Guest sveintore
Does any one knows how to change the default URL when you click on the IE shortkey (on SP5M). Buy default it sends me to the imate.com.

Thank you

Alex

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you checked the shortcur for the IE shortkey?

Guest duchski

As most users I have complimented my WM 5.1 phone with a large storage card (1GB). Now, I aleady know how to move Outlook email and IE files (thank you) to the card. Does anybody know how to move the rest of the stuff i.g. sms, mms to leave more memory for the OS?

Thanks,

Guest sveintore
Where can I find it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Isn't it one of the Short_*.lnk in the windows-directory?

(I do not have a internet-button on my 8310)

Guest roma0803
Hello everyone,

Did any of you manage to re-map the Music buttons on SP5m to point to other applications? i.e. TCPMP  :idea:

Thanks..  ;)

!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. Attached the modified button shortcuts to be copied in to you Windows folder, overwriting the originals. The shortcuts only will work if you installed TCPMP on your storage card!. Your phone has to be fully unlocked to enable it to overwrite system files. Check this forum for instructions, there are plenty of posts about it.

As said, the hardware buttons (3) on your i-mate SP5m/Qtek 8300 will now open TCPMP player. In the settings of TCPMP you can assign the correct functions (back, forward and play/pause) to the buttons.

Tata!

Modified_Api_s_TCMP.zip

Guest roma0803
Does anyone know of a way to have the device obtain the time from the tower instead of manual input?  Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, welcome to the forums.

What tower?

BEWARE!!!

I used this modification exactly!!!

it killed the mms on my phone, doing this mod on my Imate SP5

Luckily i wrote down the original settings and have restored them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi.

Ill use this settings on a qtek 8310/Comviq SE and

a qtek 8020/Vodafone SE without any problem. maybe ur provider doesnt support this big mess. try lower the value. try both wap settings.

... EVEN BETTER .. TRY THIS ...

HKLM/Software/Arcsoft/Arcsoft MMS UA/Config/UI/sizelimit/

Value:

Sendlimit 1-3 as U want them ;)

3 as 1024000 is my choice.

it gives U 1000k send limit.

Now U can change them in MMSC settings.

Hope U get it to work ..

best regards

Carlis

Edited by Carlis

Guest shamste
Hi, welcome to the forums.

What tower?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, from the mobile provider's tower. Most phones have had this option (although I had to do a little SEEM editing on the RAZR back in the day).

Guest amnesia
does anybody know how to disable the sim menu(STK) on qtek 8310? there is nothing to delete in windows\startup folder, and if I just delete it from start menu folder it comes back on every restart!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A similar thing is happening on my i-mate SP5 too... everytime I start the phone the STK menu appears (after about 10 seconds), and seems to do it at random times throughout the day. It's really starting to irritate me now :evil:

Guest bzzlink

Is there a way to get mediaplayer to display videoes in full screen ?

with this I mean strech a low resolution to cover the full screen. The wmp10 on for example 9100 does this....

You see i use Orb to stream media from my home computer to my phone, and it would improve the experience a lot if I could make wmp display the video in full screen.

Edited by bzzlink

Guest elziado
Sorry, from the mobile provider's tower.  Most phones have had this option (although I had to do a little SEEM editing on the RAZR back in the day).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I would really like to know about this one. I remember some phones display "update time and date?" when GPRS is present. That would be a nice tweak / prog if anyone knows of one?

Hi...

When I'm sending MMS on my Qtek 8310 and capture video .. it always uses 3GP 128x96.

I wanted it to be a MP4 in 176x144 .. so I changed this:

HKLM/Software/Arcsoft/Arcsoft MMS UA/Config/Capture/

Value:

Videoformat 16=MP4 17=3gp

VideoRes 1=176x144 2=128x96

As always .. write down the default before playing ;)

Best regards Carlis

Edited by Carlis

Guest imellor
Import the registry keys as below. (try Registry Workshop and you can connect to Mobile device registries from your PC and import reg files. This saves having a Registry editor installed on the phone and typing on the device). If you are entering these keys manually rather than importing a *.reg file only use single slashes for the paths.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not directly related to the hack, but I tried "Registry Workshop" but when I try to add a new key I get the error "Cannot create vaule, Access is denied"

Any suggestions?

Ian

Guest rmastbro
I think it is safe to say only the SP5's are not getting the edge icon. Posts on here and hofo seem to confirm this. It would be cool if whatever is different between the I-Mate and QTek/Cingulars version was that makes the E could be determined. The G is so boring  :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey check out this link ... I following the directions and now I get the 'E' instead of the 'G' on my i-mate SP5

GPRS/EDGE "E" Icon on iMate SP5 - Resolution

http://www.modaco.com/GPRS_EDGE_E_Icon_on_...on-t234230.html

Good luck...

Guest balaaan

I haven't checked this post in a while, but thank God I did today!!!! :D

What a wonderful surprise! 8)

Thanks a lot for the tip.. Finally I have use for those media buttons ;)

Cheers!!!

Yes. Attached the modified button shortcuts to be copied in to you Windows folder, overwriting the originals. The shortcuts only will work if you installed TCPMP on your storage card!. Your phone has to be fully unlocked to enable it to overwrite system files. Check this forum for instructions, there are plenty of posts about it.

As said, the hardware buttons (3) on your i-mate SP5m/Qtek 8300 will now open TCPMP player. In the settings of TCPMP you can assign the correct functions (back, forward and play/pause) to the buttons.

Tata!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest wired&connected
Not directly related to the hack, but I tried "Registry Workshop" but when I try to add a new key I get the error "Cannot create vaule, Access is denied"

Any suggestions?

Ian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, but I have to ask the obvious one! Is your phone unlocked? If not, you'll find instructions on this forum.

Guest gacajun

The tweak below works GREAT for my email that is synched from Outlook. Is there a similar registry edit that can be made to store emails from other accounts on my storage card? I have a POP3 account and an AOL(IMAP4) account that I also use my SP5 for and would like to store those emails and attachments on my storage card as well. I am not sure why but this tweak did not set up the other email accounts to be stored on the storage card. TIA.

Email & Attachments on Storage Card

Forgive me if this has been posted before. Or if you all know this. I used to do this on my PPC before I got my smartphone (sp5). I just tried it to see if it would work and it does  ;)

Create the folders on your Storage Card '\Storage Card\Inbox' and the subfolder '\Attachments'

Import the registry keys as below. (try Registry Workshop and you can connect to Mobile device registries from your PC and import reg files. This saves having a Registry editor installed on the phone and typing on the device). If you are entering these keys manually rather than importing a *.reg file only use single slashes for the paths. Restart your device after doing this.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MAPI]

"AttachPath"="\\Storage Card\\Inbox\\Attachments"

"PropertyPath"="\\Storage Card\\Inbox"

This not only puts email attachments onto your storage card but puts all the *.mpb files which make up items in your Inbox onto the storage card too. This means I now sync the last month of complete emails (1362 of them!) from all folders on my Exchange server and it doesn't make a dent in the phone memory.

:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by gacajun

Is there any way to make the "messaging" button on the SP5/8310 always display all accounts instead of just the latest used function?

I am using the "right softkey tweak" and have set it to "New SMS". When I press it and then cancel the new sms, the message button will have the same function as the right softkey.

So I would like message button to always open the account list, "SMS, Email, MMS".

Would this be possible? The Contacts-button is just a shortcut somewhere in the Windows folder, I think, but I have no idea about the Message button.

Guest MitchellO
sorry but if you always had it on how would u know the difference :D

i find that Leaving GPRS connected reduces a fully charged battery to about 40% overnight :/

but maybe my battery is screwed

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;)