Useful Tweaks for SP5/SP5m/Tornado

Guest chrisc28

Guest MitchellO
does anybody know how to disable the sim menu(STK) on qtek 8310? there is nothing to delete in windows\startup folder, and if I just delete it from start menu folder it comes back on every restart!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I too would love to disable the STK menu. My Virgin Mobile Sim has a useless one, and it takes up precious space on my startmenu. I'd love to disable it. I'm going to fiddle to see if I can find something, but has anyone else figured out how to remove it?

Guest gacajun
Yes, I too would love to disable the STK menu. My Virgin Mobile Sim has a useless one, and it takes up precious space on my startmenu. I'd love to disable it. I'm going to fiddle to see if I can find something, but has anyone else figured out how to remove it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why don't you just use File Explorer and delete the shortcut from the Start Menu. That or just move it to some other place so you can run it if you want. That's what I did.

Guest duchski
Why don't you just use File Explorer and delete the shortcut from the Start Menu.  That or just move it to some other place so you can run it if you want.  That's what I did.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do not delete, hide (properties menu). It will stay this way (hidden from the menu) and you can always enable it if you need too... As a matter of fact there are some links in the \windows\start menu directory that have a "hidden" property value turned on, therefore are not being displayed on the phone's menu pages...

Edited by duchski

Guest sveintore
Do not delete, hide (properties menu).  It will stay this way (hidden from the menu) and you can always enable it if you need too...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Smart :-)

Guest fearomoon
Email & Attachments on Storage Card

Forgive me if this has been posted before. Or if you all know this. I used to do this on my PPC before I got my smartphone (sp5). I just tried it to see if it would work and it does  ;)

Create the folders on your Storage Card '\Storage Card\Inbox' and the subfolder '\Attachments'

Import the registry keys as below. (try Registry Workshop and you can connect to Mobile device registries from your PC and import reg files. This saves having a Registry editor installed on the phone and typing on the device). If you are entering these keys manually rather than importing a *.reg file only use single slashes for the paths. Restart your device after doing this.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MAPI]

"AttachPath"="\\Storage Card\\Inbox\\Attachments"

"PropertyPath"="\\Storage Card\\Inbox"

This not only puts email attachments onto your storage card but puts all the *.mpb files which make up items in your Inbox onto the storage card too. This means I now sync the last month of complete emails (1362 of them!) from all folders on my Exchange server and it doesn't make a dent in the phone memory.

:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

does this work for sms , too? if not...how can i move sms folder to storage card?

Guest spv_rambo

Anyway to change the dedicated internet button. located on the left side at the top on the spv c600 to media player? or point me in the right direction please.

Guest nastassja

is there a fast way to access the task manager? i feel like it should be VERY accesible and I have to go to start menu - more - more - task manager.

Guest Cybertronic

Use the speed dial function, when in the start menu, locate Task Manager then press menu and add speed dial.

After you've done that, on the homescreen press down whatever number you've assigned it to, to open Task Manager.

Guest nastassja

yeah, i guess that's the best solution.. i think it would be great to see on the home screen the current tasks, not the last used. this way it would be really easy to see what's running and stop it if you want to :)

is that a possible tweak? maybe using a homescreen theme

Guest roma0803
yeah, i guess that's the best solution.. i think it would be great to see on the home screen the current tasks, not the last used. this way it would be really easy to see what's running and stop it if you want to :)

is that a possible tweak? maybe using a homescreen theme

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can use xBar for that, and it does more.

Edited by roma0803

Guest scrattyrat

Is there a way to save MMS pics (when you choose to save the image from an MMS) onto storage card and not in phone memory? I keep having to move them over because of the problems with MMS and amount of free memory in the phone.

Cheers

Guest scrattyrat

Can i prevent internet explorer using GPRS? i still need it setup for MMS etc, but i only use wi-fi for browsing the net (GPRS too expensive/slow). It keeps connecting to GPRS when i accidentally press the IE button when not connected to a wi-fi network - say when its in my pocket.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ERN1824
Can anyone with an SP5 get this to work?  It doesn't seem to work on mine!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have an SP5 and this question about having the "E" icon showing an EDGE connection has had me looking through the registry all day.

If you do a search of the registry on an SP5 for "EDGE" there is nothing. But if you search "GPRS" there are over 20 finds. I think I-mate took out the EDGE ability. On another post on this topic, someone else with an SP5 said they could see a difference in transmission speed even with the "G" icon after using the "EnableDifferGPRSEdgeIcon" Registry addition. I don't see that. I also have a Moto V635 which has EDGE capabilities, so I know it is here on my Cingular Network coverage.

If someone with a Qtek 8310 or other HTC Tornado model phone, that has seen an actual "E" - Edge Connection on the phone, could do a simple registry search for "EDGE" and report back their findings (how many EDGE registry entries there are on your phone), that may uncover why I-mate SP5 users aren't seeing the EDGE connection.

Also, I've been tweaking the registry seeing what changes, and now I have 310410 showing on the home screen and as the current selected network under settings/phone/network instead of "Cingular". Not sure which modification yet caused it, but if anyone is interested, I'll see if I can locate which key it was.

Guest schriss
I have an SP5 and this question about having the "E" icon showing an EDGE connection has had me looking through the registry all day. 

If you do a search of the registry on an SP5 for "EDGE" there is nothing.  But if you search "GPRS" there are over 20 finds.  I think I-mate took out the EDGE ability.  On another post on this topic, someone else with an SP5 said they could see a difference in transmission speed even with the "G" icon after using the "EnableDifferGPRSEdgeIcon" Registry addition.  I don't see that.  I also have a Moto V635 which has EDGE capabilities, so I know it is here on my Cingular Network coverage.

If someone with a Qtek 8310 or other HTC Tornado model phone, that has seen an actual "E" - Edge Connection on the phone, could do a simple registry search for "EDGE" and report back their findings (how many EDGE registry entries there are on your phone), that may uncover why I-mate SP5 users aren't seeing the EDGE connection.

Did you follow "GPRS/EDGE "E" Icon on iMate SP5 - Resolution" instructions found on page 6 of this threat? I got E on my Qtek 8310.

I did it, but I found only one edge registry entry. But we already know this entry, it's the EnableDifferGprsEdgeIcon :)

Seems, your theory is not true ...

Guest ERN1824

Well...I installed the i-mate SP5 NRE 1.5.333.0 firmware and sure enough, I now have an "E" showing...thanks for pointing out the resolution on page 6

I do have another Tweaking question though...if you go to HKLM / System / State / Phone

Does anyone have an idea what the DWord - "Extended Status" will do if you set it to 1? It is currently 0.

Does anyone know how to get the Netwrok Number to show (ie: 310410) instead of Cingular? I was able to do it under the 1.5.331 version, but I can't remember what I changed.

Thanks

An addition to this hack. If you want repeating ringtone's, then you should do this:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\Ringtone0 value Script set to apr

If you want the phone to also vibrate, then set to av0pr .

A list of Registry-values for all Ring Types:

Ring              = apw3r

Ring Once         = p

Increasing Ring   = c50apw3c150r

Vibrate           = av3w3r

Vibrate then Ring	= v3w3apw3r

Vibrate and Ring  = av0pw3r

Silent            = a

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After editing the register (Qtek 8310) as described above (av0pw3r) the phone rings and vibrates fine for a few hours. After having used the headset the ringtone is reset to default (apwr3) for all profiles. I have tried to edit the reg for all profiles but they all get reset to default (apwr3).

Any suggestions? :?:

Thanks…

Is your smartphone space slowly getting eaten away by the tons of useful application available? Unable to delete those useless image files in your Documents folder\My Pictures folder in your phone?

Unzip the attached file, and then copy and overwrite the existing files with these 0kb files. The files won't be restored, and will remain even at 0kb after rebooting the phone!

emptyimages.zip

Is your smartphone space slowly getting eaten away by the tons of useful application available? Unable to delete those useless image files in your Documents folder\My Pictures folder in your phone?

Unzip the attached file, and then copy and overwrite the existing files with these 0kb files. The files won't be restored, and will remain even at 0kb after rebooting the phone!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same he is going to sounds?

:) :??: