Where to repair the LCD screen?

Guest kurt44

I bought a spv m2000 on ebay. But I got a cracked LCD screen this afternoon when i was playing basketball. The phone is still working but the screen was totally broken. Does anyone know where can I have it repaired? Thanks a lot!

Guest fluffcat1
I bought a spv m2000 on ebay. But I got a cracked LCD screen this afternoon when i was playing basketball. The phone is still working but the screen was totally broken. Does anyone know where can I have it repaired? Thanks a lot!

Last I checked with HTC ( www.htceurope.com) the cost was approx £100 + vat to fit a new screen. Is the digitiser in tact? The screen is made up of 2 componants which can break independantly and the touchscreen / digitiser /glasstop section is easier and cheaper to replace than the LCD. Do you get a full picture but can't press anything or is the screen picture distorted / not there?

Richard

Guest fluffcat1
Thanks Richard,

I think I only need to do a touchscreen replacement! I m wondering where can I get it done in UK? Any ideas? Cheers!

Run your finger over the breaks - is the film intact? You could get away with replacing the glass underneath the plastic, but it's tricky. I don't know anywhere in the UK that sells digitisers / glasstops seperatley from the screen but you could find a suitable donor and use that. Although the dimensions were different I was once able to bodge an ipaq digitiser onto an XDA screen - they're not rocket science - there's only 4 connections on the ribbon cable.

www.pdaparts.com sells digitisers in the US but won't send to the UK. PPC techs have an informative page here with pictures of a shattered digitiser and LCD so you know the difference, but won't sell parts.

HP's service agent for IPAQ ( another HTC device that shares common parts eg screens ) is in Salford Quays but I can't for the life of me remember their name at the moment. They aren't helpful either :roll:

If all else fails, sell it on ebay for parts. Someone like me will buy it ;)

If the LCD is intact you should get £80 - £100 for it if it's all complete.

Richard