Missed call reminder

Guest kelet

I've been looking for a very simple application to make me know I have a missed call or a missed sms, without having to take off my phone from my pocket, maybe playing a sound or vibrating.

I just found a program, but it's for Pocket PC. It's name is Phonealarm, and doesn't runs in smartphones.

Has anybody developed - and would share with all us - any software than could do that? I think it would be very simple and usefull, but I have no idea about programming smartphones.

• 2 months later...
Guest teladog01

I, too, would greatly appreciate a missed call reminder app. I used to have a Mot v400 and it would remind me every 5 minutes or so, with either an alert sound or a vibration, when I had a missed call, new voicemail, or new text message. Now I have an MPx220 and there is no reminder like that. I find it silly to be checking my phone every 15 minutes to see if I missed a call or message.

A missed call reminder program would be super useful. Anyone know of one or want to develop one? Anyone else think this would be useful?

• 2 months later...
Guest hujer

I was searching for such application as well and finally I decided to write it by myself. Now I'm near the end of the beta-process. I'm using this app on my Qtek 8310 and everything is fine. I decided to share this app with YOU. I will "release" first version soon.

Released, look at: http://magazin.softimage.cz/dontforget/app-description/

Enquiry:

How many people will use it ?

Are we just a small group which is missing such app ?

Regards

Edited by hujer

Guest rogueqd

Hi hujer,

Sounds like a great app. I'll use it. I'm still a reasonably novice programmer, but if your writing it in C# and want a hand give me a yell.

Eddie

Guest othoca

i've copied the app with no probs and the admin side has done its work with no probs too. Now i've done a call and waiting to listen trolley.wav after 1 minute, but i've had the following error :

Exception

CheckforReminders(play)

impossibile caricare il tipo opennetcf.multimediaaudio.player dall'assembly opennecf.multimediaaudio

version=1

culture= neutral

publickeytoke = null

the form with the reminder appears saying me i've 1 missed call.

It seems to be an error correlated to play the wav file.

I've an imate sp5m win wm5 onboard and cf .net 2.0 framword installed and xbar3.1

Any idea?

Any idea?

Edited by othoca

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I would like just to inform you that DontForget in version 2.50 was released.

DontForget is easy-to-use and highly customizable Windows Mobile application that can repeatedly remind you of unread SMS text messages,

unread MMS multimedia messages, missed calls, unread E-mails and missed calendar events by sound, vibration, notification window or hardware LED.

But DontForget also can do much more.

Available languages: English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Russian, Slovakian, Czech, Polish, Chinese

More you can read here: http://magazin.softimage.cz/dontforget/news/

• 2 months later...