Mac (c550)

Guest Jamma14

Guest PPCPassion
Oops you beat me to it PPCPassion!

Yeh that is for the MRU plugin - maybe it has changed for WM5 - I'll look into it.

And XP's coming along nicely, next version I'd say about 2 days so keep a look out!

James

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks! If you get a chance look into MRU plug in, if not, it's not a big deal. ...and I can't wait for XP update

post-62844-1138114371_thumb.gif

Edited by PPCPassion

Guest mini_man

hey wanted some system screens and startup shutdown screens for this mac theme so i edited some for the c550 with thanks too tudor for supplying the screens from his homescreen.

to apply them use a registry editor

hklm,SOFTWARE,microsoft,shell,rai and put in links to the pictures in the BKBitmapFile value data section.

with startup and shut downs

hklm, software, microsoft, splash screen

and change the carrierbitmap and msbitmap to the desired startup

and change them carriershutdownbitmap and msshutdownbitmap to the desired start up image

Screens.zip

post-160616-1138496982_thumb.jpg

hey wanted some system screens and startup shutdown screens for this mac theme so i edited some for the c550 with thanks too tudor for supplying the screens from his homescreen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...and w411y :)

You can also change the Orange banner to a Mac one in :MSCDial and :MScontacts

Guest Jamma14

@ fearmoon: Yep sure, next thing to do is that, as well as making the xml work with both WM5 and WM2003 without the need for separate ones.

@ mini_man: I do plan on releasing some official extra screens after getting XP to a reasonable state. Out of interest I've made a poll HERE to see which homescreen people prefer and so which one to bother with the extra screens etc with first.

Also, why are your images all random resolution? Shouldn't they be 240x293?? Or does it size them to fit?

James

Guest mini_man

yeh soz, i discovered how to do it and il i liked the other guys system screens so i thought id enlarge them, the c550 resizes them automatically, my resizer programs seem to spit them out really wierdly so i thought id leave the c550 2 it.

Guest mundungous

The Best Mac homescreen for any phone ever!

Love it, Thanks Jamma.

I've been installing it this afternoon and edited my first xml to get the text editor to work.

Smashing, thanks everyone.

j :)

Guest Chorlie

James,

I've got your Mac Homescreen working, I hadn't downloaded the monitorplug.ARM.

It's an excellent homescreen

Just missing the Notepad & TCPMP Shortcuts.

I guess its just the mapping and maybe the software which is missing off my phone.

Great work.

I've downloaded the Notepad and TCPMP just having problems with the mapping of the Notepad (but I'll keep playing, the more you play the more you learn).

Edited by Chorlie

Guest Jamma14

Chorlie, if you open mac.home.xml in your home folder in a notepad, then you can change where the shortcuts link to.

Let me know if you need any help doing that.

Glad you got it working!

James

Edited by Jamma14

Guest Chorlie

The Mac Homescreen is working 100%

It really is a great homescreen, I like simple looking ones. =D>

Thanks for both your help.

But I'm still having problem with the Orange Screen, I've tried editing the OrangeHomescreen.home.xml from off my C500 with some of the C550 that Jamma linked me to (namely the screen sizes), but has no effect. I notice with Jamma14 Mac Screen there are .jpg / .bmp for the back drop, would there be any with the Orange one, which is set at 176x220 when it needs to be at 240x320 to work or am I barking up the wrong tree? ](*,)

Cheers again #-o

Guest hpugolf

I have installed everything as prescribed on here including the monitorplugin, but do not have the ability to scroll through the icons as I think you are supposed to be able to, the only icons that work are the soft key icons. Maybe I have not installed correctly as I am new to all of this, but a little direction would be much appreciated! Thanks ahead of time.

Guest Jamma14

@chorlie: I'm not too sure as how that plugin works, the images might be embedded in it, although the xml I gave you was definitely for QVGA. It's weird...a screenshot might help :)

Look in MoDaCo downloads - you can use Pocket SnapIt to take screenshots.

@hpugolf: What phone are you using? This homescreen needs the orange plugin. It comes as default on orange phones in Britain but it can be installed. Have a look HERE for instructions on installing it, although they are quite complex. Feel free to post if you have any problems with it.

James

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mini_man

Hey james, is there any chance of you adding some sort of temperature monitor? not bothered about moving thermometer pics but some form of icon like your hardrive and cd would be wicked.

thanks sam

Guest Jamma14
Hey james, is there any chance of you adding some sort of temperature monitor? not bothered about moving thermometer pics but some form of icon like your hardrive and cd would be wicked.

thanks sam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeh maybe,

only reservations I have:

-- I don't want it getting too cluttered

-- I find thermometers crap as it is not related to the outside temperature

-- What mac icon would fit in with a thermometer

But even if I wouldn't use it I can always do a separate version for you and others...

This and the xp screen are still getting slowly worked on in my spare time so new releases should be out reasonably soon, I might be able to add this in.

So any ideas for the icon?

James

Guest mini_man

Yeh your right, but ive usually found the thermo useful for room temp.

I was looking at some icons but all i could think of was some generic folder. or some kind of brushed metal temperature gauge on the left hand side would be nice if thats any use.

Thanks in advance Sam

Guest mini_man

Ok so i did some recoding of the xml and got Chris to help me with the images and came out with this as a result.

post-160616-1142552054_thumb.jpg

I am quite happy with it but not entirely.

I wanted it to look like this

post-160616-1142552126_thumb.jpg

But due to the mru (i think) it came out like this

post-160616-1142552398_thumb.jpg

Btw that true connect mouse in the middle, as you can see its partly missing.

It would look alot nicer with icons in a row.

If you can help this is my icon ed.BMP I think its suited the screen.

Thanks james

Sam

Guest Jamma14

Yeah, that's not due to the mru, but the whole of the homescreen design with the orange plugin. Only ways around it:

-- Make it into a multiscreen homescreen (but then could only have smartmonitor on the first page like chris' which I personally don't like at all)

-- Make the icons smaller.

Option two is a possibility which you can try if you want sam, like I said these homescreens are getting worked on, but only very slowly, as I've lots of other things to do.

In the next release this'll have startup/shutdown screens (finished), storage card cab installer (in progress), media player skin (in progress).

But I'm always up for community support to help add new features etc.

Hopefully I still have the original .psd - I'll mail it to you when I find it.

James

Guest mini_man

ment chrisjm not chris copy mac homescreen ;)

nah i agree his homescreen sucked, and it annoyed me that u cant have smartmonitor on anyother page.

Ill leave it like it is and ill maybe make the icons smaller.

Im happy like it is so I dont need a temp on your list if you were going to do it.

Thanks James

Sam

Guest hapablap

I'm still confused whether it works or not on non-orange WM5 phones. Ive got a tmobile SDA (usa), am I missing something or is there no way for this hs to work on my phone? Thanks in advance. Btw, awesome skin!!

Guest hapablap
It does work, but you will need some extra files.

Look at the information on the first page

http://www.modaco.com/Mac_c550-t230649.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aside from the various plugins required, isn't the 4orangeh.dll also needed? From what/where I've read, I saw no mention of a way to bypass this. Or is there ? :roll: Seemed those who managed to get it to work had access to their old orange phones or something.

Anyways, thanks again man!

Guest mini_man

you will need to get hold of the 4orangeh.dll but because of forum rules we are not aloud to upload this file.

You will need to get hold of a copy from an orange device.

• 9 months later...
Guest DarkrhaveN

I'm trying to figure out how to install this theme on an i607 I just got. Are there any specific instructions for making this work on an i607 ? If so the help would greatly be appreciated. I've never changed a theme on a pda before.

Hey I was just wondering if there's any way to break down a .hme file into its components, as I wanted to tweak the .xml a little bit (if that's ok with Jamma14). Sorry if this is really obvious.

Guest Jamma14

Thats cool - yeah just rename it to .cab and then open it in winzip for example. Look in the setup_.xml and find the truncated name for the homescreen xml - extract that and you can edit it. :)

Hopefully I'll be doing a new portrait OS X theme soon.

James

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.