Alternative app (& sim) unlock solution is here!

Guest richardlai

Guest richardlai

If you are struggling to use the SPV-Developers Services Client to sim unlock your T-Mobile SDA (like, for me, after you have typed in "AGREE" and clicked on login, the program somehow crashes), here's why: your phone is not app unlocked. (you may think it already is app unlocked, like I did, but it really isn't, so just read on)

There are already some solutions for app unlocking your HTC Typhoon, but most of them are for the Orange SPV C500 only, which, I think, is why I couldn't get my phone's IMEI number registered on the Orange server.

Well, here's a straight forward way of app unlocking your HTC Typhoon - and it should work for all HTC Typhoon's:

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING METHOD INVOLVES EDITING THE REGISTRY VALUES - USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK! I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR PHONE.

I have attached the Smartphone registry editior. You unzip the regeditSTG.zip file and copy the unzipped file to your phone using ActiveSync, then run the registry editor on your phone.

Then change the following values to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 40

And now your phone is app unlocked!

Now simply use the SPV-Developers Services Client to sim unlock your phone (you might want to reinstall the cert.cab file on the phone just in case) - the program shouldn't crash now and soon you will get a message saying Sim Unlock successful or something like that. (my phone is now back on good old O2) Good luck!

PS: I had to pay a few pounds on ebay to find out about this alternative app unlocking method (I have spent hours on the Internet searching for it but no solution was found!), but the point is someone is using the freely distributed SPV-Developers Services Client to make money. How annoying. Should we do something about it?

regeditSTG.zip

Edited by richardlai

Guest richardlai
Cheers for sharing. An excellent contribution to the community...

Topic pinned.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesome! Was hoping this would happen! I do hope people will find this information useful! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Toyota-F1.com

I just thought I'd mention, I have an official Orange SPV C500, from the box, it has 4.2.1.1 (hold on... yes that's right) and I can't change the values myself (using PHM Registry Editor), it says "Unable to perform operation!" or something similar. I did it Over The Air. With my E200, there used to be an application that you could just place on the phone and that would app-unlock the phone, but that doesn't work with the C500.

Guest Pondrew

Good to hear you got your new Smartphone ok Toyota.

Strange that this process isn't working. Altho I do seem to recall mention elsewhere of certain areas of the registry being locked on the SPV C500 so maybe that means this method won't work for Orange branded HTC Typhoons.

Anyone else have success or otherwise with this method?

Guest awarner [MVP]
I just thought I'd mention, I have an official Orange SPV C500, from the box, it has 4.2.1.1 (hold on... yes that's right) and I can't change the values myself (using PHM Registry Editor), it says "Unable to perform operation!" or something similar.  I did it Over The Air.  With my E200, there used to be an application that you could just place on the phone and that would app-unlock the phone, but that doesn't work with the C500.

You need to use the application posted above as the standard phm reg edit will not work.

This is a varient and is questionable in origin regarding how it was created, but I have not had any requests to remove the file.

If you are struggling to use the SPV-Developers Services Client to sim unlock your T-Mobile SDA (like, for me, after you have typed in "AGREE" and clicked on login, the program somehow crashes), here's why: your phone is not app unlocked. (you may think it already is app unlocked, like I did, but it really isn't, so just read on)

There are already some solutions for app unlocking your HTC Typhoon, but most of them are for the Orange SPV C500 only, which, I think, is why I couldn't get my phone's IMEI number registered on the Orange server.

Well, here's a straight forward way of app unlocking your HTC Typhoon - and it should work for all HTC Typhoon's:

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING METHOD INVOLVES EDITING THE REGISTRY VALUES - USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK! I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR PHONE.

I have attached the Smartphone registry editior. You unzip the regeditSTG.zip file and copy the unzipped file to your phone using ActiveSync, then run the registry editor on your phone.

Now simply use the SPV-Developers Services Client to sim unlock your phone (you might want to reinstall the cert.cab file on the phone just in case) - the program shouldn't crash now and soon you will get a message saying Sim Unlock successful or something like that. (my phone is now back on good old O2) Good luck!

PS: I had to pay a few pounds on ebay to find out about this alternative app unlocking method (I have spent hours on the Internet searching for it but no solution was found!), but the point is someone is using the freely distributed SPV-Developers Services Client to make money. How annoying. Should we do something about it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello this is my 1st time using a registry rditor. I've found the values but am totally stumped as to what to do. Do I just enter = 1 at the end of the string of numbers. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated

Excellent. I have tried SOO many methods just to app inlock my fone and finally this 1 worked first time! Cheers very much mate.

ps. i had no problem sim- unlocking with the spv developers tool. give it a go if ur looking for a sim unlock and if it works give a donation to help it agong, i will be.

Guest Pitchpole

Excellent. Many thanks. I was trying to apps-unlock my SP5 in order to install AutoKeylock (essential and excellent app that corrects a severe shortcoming of the SP5). SPV Forum proved a bit of a nightmare so your help has been fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest willneale

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This app unlocking method did not work on my Qtek 8300 (Typhoon) - which I have just flashed with i-mate's latest firmware build. Any ideas why this didn't work?

Guest Pondrew
This app unlocking method did not work on my Qtek 8300 (Typhoon) - which I have just flashed with i-mate's latest firmware build.  Any ideas why this didn't work?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, the Qtek 8300 is actually not an HTC Typhoon but an HTC Tornado. I guess this procedure doesn't work on that device.

Guest dcoelho

HI! I Need to aplly this registry modifications to a C500 without Ornge SIM. Is there any way to enter in the OS of the phone without having the right sim card? Thank you

Guest ericharlz
HI! I Need to aplly this registry modifications to a C500 without Ornge SIM. Is there any way to enter in the OS of the phone without having the right sim card? Thank you

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

same problem here.. i don't have an orange sim.. so I can't run the file (phm registry editor attached above)

@dcoelho, can you try this http://www.spv-developers.com/forum/showpo...014&postcount=6

tried on mine but it doesn't work for me (says phone Unlockable) maybe you'll have luck on your phone.

• 1 month later...

I have made the changes on my c600 and rebooted my phone and I still am unable to install things.

I get a warning saying there is no digital signature and fails to install.

Ive sorted mine now.

For some reason The change I made did not stay after rebooting so I had to make it again.

I have now rebooted 4 times and it has stayed

SWEEET ;)