Alternative app (& sim) unlock solution is here!

Guest richardlai

Guest Detslider
Ok Guys try this. All files should be in the attatched file. I have included an idiots instruction guide as well. After all i needed it. Hope it helps and works. [-o<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you from an idiot/smartphone newb. It worked, one question though. Do I have to leave the files on the phone? Or now that they have served their purpose can they be deleted?

Guest the-jackal
Do I have to leave the files on the phone?

Not 100% but i am pretty sure you can delete them now. You may find that the CAB file has gone. I have kept the Regedit.exe for future use. (you never know) :?: Glad you got some use out of it. All thanks must go to OP though. All i done was made it a bit easier for people like me. :oops:

Ok Guys try this. All files should be in the attatched file. I have included an idiots instruction guide as well. After all i needed it. Hope it helps and works. [-o<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i m geting an error mesage while running SPV Developers Service(Illegal readZone attempt - Rapi init failed)

can u help me guys. oh bytheway i m tryna sim unlock orange spv c600 and i have already app. unlocked it and copied cert.cab to the phone and istalled it from there. SO WHERE AM I GOING WRONG GUYS.

thanks

Guest gaplayer26
i m geting an error mesage while running SPV Developers Service(Illegal readZone attempt - Rapi init failed)

can u help me guys. oh bytheway i m tryna sim unlock orange spv c600 and i have already app. unlocked it and copied cert.cab to the phone and istalled it from there. SO WHERE AM I GOING WRONG GUYS.

thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You will need to unlock the registry first using the signed version of HTC regedit.

I have attached the Smartphone registry editior. You unzip the regeditSTG.zip file and copy the unzipped file to your phone using ActiveSync, then run the registry editor on your phone.

Then change the following values to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 40

Edited by gaplayer26

I do not believe that this method fully unlocks the Cingular 2125. I have attempted many times, and I have even put a new *.cer on the phone but I am still unable to change short_HOC.lnk from read only so that I can change what that key does. Any ideas, has anybody tried this?

Guest richardlai
icon_confused.gif what happen to our phone if we unlock it?what advantage we got if we unlock it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, you would then be able to use your phone on any network you want. Most phones these days are locked to one network - it's just a way of keeping their customers.

• 1 month later...
Guest sameerabedi

I can't seem to app. unlock my C600, when I try to change the Reg-Policies values to 1 and 40 I get an Error message: "Unable to perform this operation"

Any ideas how to overcome this??

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

My phone came simunlocked so I didn't use that method.

I did use your application unlocking tweaks .. could you just confirm exactly what I've done? I'm allowing non-MS software to be installed?

• 1 month later...
Guest rhydewithdis

I'm sure this is a very basic question, but how can I tell on my phone if it is unlocked? I used the instructions noted here, but would like to check on the phone itself any screen/prompt that specifies the locked/unlocked status. Thanks in advance.

Guest jutley

ok you cant app unlock your phone because you have the latest AKU2 update on it no registry hacking will help you here.There is a soulution though email orange developers and request the app unlock utility for your phone cause its percific to your imie.Once you have it install and disable security then use the sda unlocker to fully unlock your phone which is available at spv developers site and you can then sim unlock phone with servicee tools.If you want more info find my other post about AKU2 app unlock good luck.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Rapier
I can't seem to app. unlock my C600, when I try to change the Reg-Policies values to 1 and 40 I get an Error message: "Unable to perform this operation"

Any ideas how to overcome this??

Thanks

It's written before in this topic. Read all posts carefuly. You cannot change the values in registry with any registry editor. You should use the one linked to the first post.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Confucious

Using the regeditstg from the first post I get ""Access denied. The program cannot startbecause it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate"

failed at the first hurdle! :) I am trying to unlock my Modaco C600 as I have broken the USB port on my universal so it won't charge and I need to use my T-Mobile SIM.

Not having a good day as I am supposed to be logging on to work as we have just changed servers and I stupidly upgraded to Vista yesterday on my only PC that did have the VPN working - now it doesn't :D

• 4 months later...
Guest turbo lemon

Sorry to drag an old thread back up, but I'd tried many of the other solutions here, and they'd all failed at some point. This one worked perfectly!

Thanks guys!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Garfield2212

Hello,

i just wanted to use my old SDA music and i got a litte problem. Maybe 1-2 years ago i installed a new firmware on my sda music but this firmware wasn't for the music-edition, it was just for the SDA. After installing the firmware the little joystick wasnt working anymore. the system just ignores the commands left, right and (damn) push. today i wanted to install a new (official) firmware for my SDA music but it doesn't work. i think its because my SDA isnt app-unlocked. but: without the joystick i cannot use the regeditSTG to change the required values - does someone know a clue to solve the problem?

PS: i already tried the SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe, does'nt work. (quote: your phone isn't unlockable)

Garfield

PPS: i exported the whole registry and then i edited the requested values. then i copied the edited reg-file to the startmenu. after starting the regfile in the startmenu the phone says there is no program associated with this file. and when i want to open the file in regeditSTG i need the damn joystick...

Edited by Garfield2212

• 3 weeks later...
Guest daves_essay

Legend mate, worked perfectly.

• 1 year later...
Guest razots

For those trying to unlock their sda, it's fairly simple as stated AT SPV developers. Reference the app unlock, you get the registry editor, and edit those 2 security polices, or you can simple download sda app unlock, available online. After you've done either of the two,it's advisable to download checklock.exe, and it'll tell you whether or not your phone is app unlock, which is the 1st step in unlocking the phone to use the spvservices file, cab file and typhoontools file. after you've app unlock, copy the cert cab file to the sda and run it. it should install with no issues. the next step is where everyone to include me has had problems with. I tried running spvservice through VISTA,and i would get "FAILED TO CREATE EMPTY DOCUMENT", i tried to be slick and copy the spv services exe file to the phone and run it from there, but when i got connect to SPV site, I would get RAPI INIT FAILED,AND ILLEGAL ZONE ERRORS. As knowledge as i am about phones and computers, i couldn't get past the errors. What finally worked is very simple, YOU HAVE TO RUN THESE FILES ON A WINDOWS XP COMPUTER. I dual booted my laptop and put XP on it, download active sync 4.5 for XP, this will install the drivers needed for the pc and the phone to communicate on active sync. simply rebooted, plugged my sda in, active sync kicked in, and then i simply ran the spvservices.exe, clicked on simunlock tool, typed agree, it'll tell you the phone is simlocked. Just press the button for SIMUNLOCK, it'll say success. YOU'RE DONE. no problems at all, it took no more than a minute to complete. Now for those that had the msg "YOU'VE TRIED 13 TIMES OR MORE, PLEASE WAIT FOR RETRY" msg, on the sda itself. It's because you keep entering in the wrong code. I called htc,the phone is preprogrammed to double the increments of time, everytime you attempt. according to htc i was to wait 85 days for retry, which was more than likely true. I had my att sim card in for days at a time, to see if the prompt would come up to enter the unlock code. Just use spv, it's so easy. Doesn't make a difference if your phone has you waiting forever, because of numerous attempts. Last bit of info, after many months of attempting to unlock the sda. These unlock companys only guess at the unlock code, i found out the hard way. Tmobile will give you the unlock code free if you close your account favorably. If the operator says no, call again speak to someone different. Their is no such thing as 90 day window after you leave tmobile.

Good luck i hope this helps those attempting to unlock their SDA.

Guest Confucious

I didn't realise there were still people using typhoons! Or that there were any around that hadn't already been unlocked.

This method works on typhoons, hurricanes and many others - but NOT later C600s for which there is a separate thread detailing what needs to be done.

spv-developers solution has never been updated to work with Vista and the only solution is to run on an XP machine.