Windows XP [SP2k3] v2.00 english

Guest FrankyKnife

Guest FrankyKnife

@dpmatthes:

if you want to have "fahrenheit" temp display of the monitorplugin just change the CELSIUS parameters to FAHRENHEIT!

replace line 314-316 with this:

<thermometer x="55" y="175" image-max="\Storage\Application Data\Home\XP-SP2k3\images\temp-full.bmp" image-min="\Storage\Application Data\Home\XP-SP2k3\images\temp-empty.bmp" bar-direction="left-right" temperature-min="50" temperature-max="110" transparent-color="#FFFFFF"/>

<temperature x="58" y="175" color="#000000" units="F" scale="1">{temperature}º</temperature>

<text x="100" y="175" color="#000000">Fahrenheit</text>

Edited by FrankyKnife

Guest FrankyKnife
If I lock the screen with Windows Media selected, when I unlock the device the homescreen in goes back into default screen, menu minimized. Can it be configured so that the menu stays exactly the same as when I locked the device ? I have E200, btw.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's not possible cause it is a system routine of your phone OS.

Guest FrankyKnife
I have a SPV C500..I installed this Homescreen last night, it was ok but this morning in wanted to remove a program and BANG! All my programs in the Remove Programs section are gone!!!.

Oh and another thing I see this skin has sounds, and even changes the startup screen etc..I would like a simple version, just the "front". How can i install it??

But first i think i have to remove this one , so please could anyone tell me how do i completely remove it ? I haven't touched anything yet....cause long time ago i had a simillar problem with an Apple homescreen (phone stuck forever at the welcome screen, had to hard reset the phone).

Thx guys, waiting for you reply

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my HS is not responsible for removing your entry lists of the "remove progs" section. this must be another error reason. check your dir "\Storage\windows\AppMgr"

for removing the sound of my HS just uninstall the SSSplugin or/and delete the "sounds" dir of my HS.

if you dont like the system screens edit your registry entries. for more info how to do it look at the forum.

Guest FrankyKnife
Hi All,

Great home screen.

Need some help, followed all instructions to edit the xml file w/ notepad to fix the wmp plugin and temp. I save the file. then copy and paste it using explorer to my SP in Applications>Home> and it asks do I want to replace the exisiting file XP-SP2k3.home.xml with the new one, I say yes it copies no problem and shows via explorer on my PC and file explorer on SP. I reboot phone and go to select it in Settings>Display Properties>Home Screen Layout, but it is not a choice there now, before I copied the new file it was there and it was my home screen. I changed the home screen to default before I copied the new one over.

I am really confused on why this is happening, Any one have any ideas or help?

I would greatly appreciate it since this is A GREAT HOME SCREEN LAYOUT.

Thanks,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there must be an error in your edited file. please check my readme file again and be sure not to use "[" and "]". this signs are only symbols cause the text interpreter of the modaco forum is quite sensitive so i could not use the correct signs. use this ones instead "<" ">". this are standard definitions, see also the .xml file.

(PS: inside my readme file it is 100% correct explained.)

Guest FrankyKnife
Well, I tried that and it didn't seem to work.  Not a big deal, just thought that it would be nice to not have to use Smartphone's kind of crappy tasks.  But I still like being able to view them at a glance with the drop down menu.

And I just wanted to thank Franky for the great homescreen!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

never trust a "xml coder", especially not if his name is 'voltage' :)

he dont know what he is doing or saying... you have to understand: he is currently sitting in a psychiatry and is the opinion that he is a famous xml coder and all other people in the world are assholes...! :-"

for using your prog instead the FACADE task manager search for:

<!-- Facade Plugin: Tasks -->

<plugin clsid="{C49CEC80-D445-407C-AA72-C263EDBBAC96}" id="FacadeTasks" type="Tasks" height="200">

<background b-border-width="0">

<format state="selected" x="60" y="77" w="99" SelectionColor="#808080" bgcolor="transparent" bgimage="\Storage\Application Data\Home\XP-SP2k3\XP-SP2k3-tasks.gif" valign="bottom"/>

</background>

</plugin>
and replace it with this one:
<!-- Facade Plugin: Launcher Tasks+ -->

<plugin clsid="{C49CEC80-D445-407C-AA72-C263EDBBAC96}" id="FacadeLauncher5" type="Launcher" LargeIcons="0" height="200">

<background b-border-width="0">

<format state="selected" x="60" y="77" w="99" SelectionColor="#808080" bgcolor="transparent" bgimage="\Storage\Application Data\Home\XP-SP2k3\XP-SP2k3-tasks.gif" valign="bottom"/>

</background>

<Buttons>

<Button action="Run" command="\Storage\Program Files\Geotrend\Tasks+.exe" image="" />

<Button type="Run" command="\Storage\Program Files\Geotrend\Tasks+.exe" image="" />

</Buttons>

</plugin>

PLEASE NOTE: as the background image and other graphics was intended to be used with the facade task manager it will not fit properly with your "Tasks+" tool nor will you have a matching icon.

moreover you will loose the task display view. maybe for a better solution see the "Facade" forum!

Edited by FrankyKnife

• 3 weeks later...
Guest razzler

Great homescreen Frankyknife....

Just one little niggle though.

The startup sound works fine, but the shutdown sound only seems to work every now & again!

I still have both wavs present in the correct place on my phone & everything else works perfectly.

Cheers.... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rkramer

I would like to be able to change the standard text size in the Calendar and also the Contacts. I currently have my phone with teh Decert patch, and have looked through the registry with no luck. I currently have the Windows XP [sP2k3] v2.00 english Theme installed from: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=dscrip...tails&f_id=1348

This is very nice theme, and they have a small font they use on the front page. After seeing this, I would like to use it other places in the OS. Is this possible?

BTW, Great Looking Home Screen

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FrankyKnife

01/28/2006: New Update!

a few little changes and improvements:

:arrow: 2 new System-Screens (MSClog, MSSYNCAPP)

post-44461-1138484542_thumb.jpg post-44461-1138484555_thumb.jpg

:arrow: all System-Screens have been reworked (i.e. removing of the color-ranges due to the low 16bit color depth of the smartphones - for a better look!)

:arrow: Timing of Shutdown improved

Download: see Download Section !!!

Edited by FrankyKnife

Guest chaderbox

am i missing something. When guys open up the xml file to edit the lines, how do you know what lines are what? there are no numbers in notepad, wordpad, or xml editor. are you guys turning something on i don't know about?

Guest FrankyKnife
am i missing something. When guys open up the xml file to edit the lines, how do you know what lines are what? there are no numbers in notepad, wordpad, or xml editor. are you guys turning something on i don't know about?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

look for a better editor software!

or just use the simple search/find function in your notepads....

i still cant get it to work for media and F instead of Celcius, im retarded.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Simply maximize Notepad and do not have "Word Wrap" enabled under the FORMAT menu.

Now simply open the XML file and follow the above instructions and then click (EDIT) and then GO TO from the menu again. Voilla.

Easy as pie.

Franky I managed to follow your MediaPlayer 10 instructions without any problems! Your instructions are fine. Some people just never bother taking the time to read properly and at least use their brain.

ps: I'm am a complete nono in XML, although I've done some HTML programming years ago. My question is, is it possible to have a fixed volume for the startup and shutdown sounds ? Is it possible to force this in the XML file?

Edited by cronik

Franky Great homescreen, since the update I am able to get the Temp and WMedia Player to work great per your instructions, couldn't get it to work before, but works beautifully now.

The only thing that seems to not work is the File Explorer link, every time I go to it it brings up Settings, I edited the xml to point it to Resco Explorer and it still brings up settings. Very strange, so File Explorer and Settings both bring up settings. Could this be a bug in Facade? I even tried putting in another 3rd party explorer prog and changed the XML but still no luck still get settings.

Any ideas on this issue or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, great homescreen

Guest fearomoon

i wonder if there's anybody willing to convert this hs for wm5 because franky has no wm5 device....

i tried it for a while but it didn't work because of less experience :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PascalW
i wonder if there's anybody willing to convert this hs for wm5 because franky has no wm5 device....

i tried it for a while but it didn't work because of less experience :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes that would be realy nice!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest razzler

Hi all,

Just another tiny niggle with what is a really good hscreen....

I regularly go abroad and need to change the time on my c500, but with this hscreen the date and time settings are disabled, even if I swap onto another hscreen to try to alter the time.

Has this been fixed in the latest update or is there a workaround??

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BackSpacer

great theme. i have everything working except for the temperature plugin. it stays at 32 F or 0 C all the time. i have tried several different numbers in the plugin as stated in the readme. i have a mot i930 nextel.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest razzler
Hi all,

Just another tiny niggle with what is a really good hscreen....

I regularly go abroad and need to change the time on my c500, but with this hscreen the date and time settings are disabled, even if I swap onto another hscreen to try to alter the time.

Has this been fixed in the latest update or is there a workaround??

Cheers.

.......Ahhhhh

Fixed my own proplem.

Apparently there is a bug on the phone that gives a error if your Regional Settings have the short date style as "24.4.06" ie. full stops as separators.

So I went into the settings & changed the short date style to something else, then changed the date/time then put it back to the original setting......... everything coooool.

Splendid hscreen as mentioned in previous posts, now absolutely NO niggles as the latest update has fixed the unreliable shutdown sound. Indeed can't see me changing this hscreen for a while.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...
Guest zahid123
[1348]WinXP_SP2k3_Screenshot.gif

File Name :: Windows XP [sP2k3] v2.00 english

Author :: FrankyKnife

Category :: Computer

Description ::

Windows XP [sP2k3] HomeScreen v2.00 english

for Windows Mobile Smartphone 2003 (SE)

by Franky Knife

10/28/2005 (updated on 01/28/2006)

###############################################################

# Homescreen (Skin) in Windows XP Style for Windows Mobile powered Smartphones #

###############################################################

memory use (without plugins): 1281kb ( 591kb graphics / 690kb sounds )

screen resolution: 176x220

Features:

- custom made GUI and startmenu (in total 36 different graphix).

- incl. startup-, shutdown-screens.

- incl. system-screens (Callalert, ErrorBox, ExclamationBox, InformationBox, MSCdial, MSClog, MSCONTACTS, MSCPROG, MSStart, MSSYNCAPP, QuestionBox, VolDlg).

- incl. original Windows startup- und shutdown-sound.

Extended functions by plugins:

- Carrier, Time, Date - view.

- Email, SMS, MMS - view.

- calender entry - view (30 days - scrollable).

- tasks - view (scrollable).

- alarm - view (configureable).

- system info - view (realtime).

- shortcuts to Task-Manager, File-Manager, WM Player, Favorites (IExplorer) and Settings.

- direct access WMPlayer controller.

Plugins (external):

- Facade v0.94b by SBSH.

- LCDplug v1.51 by Twyx.

- Smartphinger Monitorplug v0.96 by Alfonso Ferrández.

- Windows Media Player Plug by Orangewinger.

- SSS Plugin v1.10 by Seb.

Install:

- download archive "WinXP-SP2k3-v200-en.zip" and extract to your PC.

- IMPORTANT: install plugins first - if not yet done!

- copy file "WinXP-SP2k3-v200-en.cab" from PC to Smartphone.

- execute "WinXP-SP2k3-v200-en.cab" with File-Manager or start it from the startmenu.

- change the Startpage (if necessary): "Settings -> Startpage -> WindowsXP [sP2k3]", set Colorscheme und Background to "Default".

- maybe restart your smartphone for correct function and display of all features.

Un-Install:

- choose "XP-SP2k3 HomeScreen" from "Settings -> Remove programs".

- do it the same way with the plugins.

Bugs (plugins):

- some smartphones need a correction of the temp view ("SmartMonitor Plugin"). For this you have to change the scale factor:

1. open/edit my HS file: "XP-SP2k3.home.xml"

2. change the temperature scale="1" value on line 318 as needed.

- smartphones with windows media v10.0 installed can have problems with the controlling on the startmenu ("WMP Plugin"). For deactivating of the plugin you have to do the following:

1. open/edit my HS file: "XP-SP2k3.home.xml"

2. remove line 335-339

3. edit line 342 like this: !-- Facade Plugin: Launcher Windows Media --

4. edit line 352 like this: /plugin

- see readme file

Contact, Help & Infos:

- Author: Franky Knife

- Download: http://www.delatoy.com/mobile/

- Forum: http://www.modaco.com

- Plugins: each developer and his support-pages/-forum

Disclaimer:

- i am not responsible for third-party plugins.

- using, further mods and experiments on your own risk.

ATTENTION:

- RESOLUTION IS 176x220 - NO QVGA (240x320)!!!

Updated Sat, Jan 28 2006 10:30 pm

View File

why is theme not working on my spv c550, i have downloaded it on my phone and all the plugins as well but wen i cum 2 download it, it won't let me help. i really need that theme

• 4 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.