• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Can any of the Universal's be unlocked?

31 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I would really like a Universal, but am wondering which brands if any are unlockable, and does anyone know how this is done??

While my company provides me with an Orange Mobile and pays for all the calls, I just want to be able to use the works sim in a Universal, and so was looking at the M5000....

I have my own contract C500 with orange, where I let the missus use this contract sim in her phone, while I use the work sim in my C500. It is upgrade time for this contract, so I could upgrade to an M5000, or go for a new contract elsewhere, as long as the universal can be unlocked..

I've seen ebayers offering O2 unlocked MDA's... so it must be possible???

Posted · Report post

my mate used unlock-all from the xda developer site

Posted · Report post

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the o2 exec are all unlocked - straight from o2

Posted · Report post

iMates are normally completely unlocked since they are not an operator.

Posted · Report post

The O2 XDA Exec comes unlocked but the Orange SIMS are not 3G.

I'm using mine with my Three USIM at the moment.

Posted · Report post

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where is the link to this download mate? couldn't seem to find it there.

Posted · Report post

This is an important question. Can we unlock these phones/PDA to use them on other networks?

Posted · Report post

Hi,

o.k jetzt auch mal was von mir. Danke für das Forum, die Postings der User sind wirklich sehr hilfreich.

O.k also ich habe seit 2 Wochen den XDA EXEC von O2. Das Telefon ist 100% unlocked wenn von 02 direct gekauft, also no Problem. Ich kannaber nur über Uk Netzwerken reden, ich hab ein UK Vertrag.

Eigentlichwar ich ja dabei raus zu finden wie ich meine Franzoesische SIM karte in dem Telefon zum laufen bringeaber durch die Postings der Forum mitglieder hab ich gelesen man kann die 02 software entfernen, um die Kiste schneller zu machen. Wie auch immer nebenbei hab ich also dann mal versucht die zusaetzliche 02 software los zu werden, wie ein user vorher beschrieben hatte. Und siehe da, nachdem ich dasgemacht hatte und den XDa neu gestartet hatte, hat er das franzoesische netzwerk gefunden! Was ein Segen.

Also Danke für Alles und vielleicht hilft dieser BEitrag auch anderen

Posted · Report post

Hi,

whooops, o.k, me again, i thought i could write in german but i realised after posting that i should have had posted in english.

- XDA EXEC (from UK 02 dealer) is definately onlocked and workswith all networks.

- I had problems with my french SIM card, but after deinstalling the 02 supplementary software via Programme> InstallType>Corporate 0506 in order to make it faster and than to restart the phone, my french sim card was working fine! So try it!

Posted · Report post

imei-check will now unlock the other Universals if you send it to them for £50

Posted · Report post

I got my unlock code from Orange today £20.00.

Iv'e only had the phone for 2 months.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

o.k jetzt auch mal was von mir. Danke für das Forum, die Postings der User sind wirklich sehr hilfreich.

O.k also ich habe seit 2 Wochen den XDA EXEC von O2. Das Telefon ist 100% unlocked wenn von 02 direct gekauft, also no Problem. Ich kannaber nur über Uk Netzwerken reden, ich hab ein UK Vertrag.

Eigentlichwar ich ja dabei raus zu finden wie ich meine Franzoesische SIM karte in dem Telefon zum laufen bringeaber durch die Postings der Forum mitglieder hab ich gelesen man kann die 02 software entfernen, um die Kiste schneller zu machen. Wie auch immer nebenbei hab ich also dann mal versucht die zusaetzliche 02 software los zu werden, wie ein user vorher beschrieben hatte. Und siehe da, nachdem ich dasgemacht hatte und den XDa neu gestartet hatte, hat er das franzoesische netzwerk gefunden! Was ein Segen.

Also Danke für Alles und vielleicht hilft dieser BEitrag auch anderen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately I have almost forgotten all German I learned in school. However, I did remember enough to be able to understand your post. I am also in a similar situation as you were in. I want to use the XDA Exec with O2's SIM in the UK as well as using it with a Swedish (Three) SIM in Sweden.

I would be very grateful if you could give the details on the software you removed (and how) in order to get the device to accept the french SIM-card

Posted · Report post

Reading the threads here I hear that all O2 EXEC are UNLOCKED. Is that TRUE? can someone confirm that to me thanks, just wanted to know

Posted · Report post

Reading the threads here I hear that all O2 EXEC are UNLOCKED.  Is that TRUE? can someone confirm that to me thanks, just wanted to know

I use my O2 Exec with an Orange USIM and I believe they are all unlocked but imei-chek say they have unlocked some O2 Execs (maybe foreign ones?) so I cant say 100% but I'm 99% certain you'll be OK.

Posted · Report post

Reading the threads here I hear that all O2 EXEC are UNLOCKED.  Is that TRUE? can someone confirm that to me thanks, just wanted to know

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MDA PRO still they havent found anything to unlock

Posted · Report post

All, I recently got a Vodafone QTEK 1640 (Vodafone's jasjar). I convinced Vodafone to get me the unlock code, but they were taking weeks - I eventually escalated this through to a senior account manager who said that they had big problems getting the unlock codes, and that I should try this website - http://www.qtekcorp.com/support.aspx . Went to the site, filled in my details, and got an email from Qtek saying they could only give the unlock code direct to Vodafone - I forwarded this email to my contact at vodafone and got the unlock code 2 hours later! If anyone is having problems with Vodafone unlocking Universals, I would strongly advise trying this site!

Posted · Report post

My I-Mate JasJar is not locked ;)

Posted · Report post

All, I recently got a Vodafone QTEK 1640 (Vodafone's jasjar). I convinced Vodafone to get me the unlock code, but they were taking weeks -

Strange how Voda lock the Universal but the v1240 Tornado smartphone I got was unlocked?

Richard

Posted · Report post

O2 also sell the XDA Exec unlocked

Posted · Report post

Strange how Voda lock the Universal but the v1240 Tornado smartphone I got was unlocked?

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nothing I've seen i9n my dealings with vodafone makes any sense...

Stu

Posted · Report post

Nothing I've seen i9n my dealings with vodafone makes any sense...

Stu

Has there been any forward motion on this..

Need to get this unlocked asap!

Got it off ebay! (doh)

Didnt even think to research the fact i might not be able to unlock it?! :)

Posted · Report post

Has there been any forward motion on this..

Need to get this unlocked asap!

Got it off ebay! (doh)

Didnt even think to research the fact i might not be able to unlock it?! :)

Latest bit of googling

Universal Unlock?

Posted · Report post

Yup, Buzz has sorted it. Not straightforward but it does work. Follow kelv23's link.

Posted · Report post

Yup, Buzz has sorted it. Not straightforward but it does work. Follow kelv23's link.

Wicked thanks fellas!

Posted · Report post

Wicked thanks fellas!

Glad to be of help, just gotta win a cheapie ebay auction for myself now...........