2 GB mini SD

Guest bartsimp

Guest TOPGUN1988
Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody knew about 2GB mini SD availability.

I've checked on google and did a forum search and couldn't find any info.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can mobile phones handle more than 512 MBytes SD Cards?? I've been told that mobile phones have difficulties reading SD cards more than 512MBytes!! As far as I have seen 2GByte SDs are available in Greece and Germany, to be more specific Transcend is the only one at the moment offering it's 150x 2.0GB SD card for $130. Check tha link: http://www3.guenstiger.de/gt/main.asp?produkt=364744

;)

Guest Disco Stu

I'm using a 1gig mini-SD in my C550 quite happily and will be buying the 2gig version as soon as the price is right !

Most 2GB full-size SD cards work perfectly well in the appropriate phones too, though you have to be careful with card manufacturer as not all work ;)

Guest ElGato65
I'm using a 1gig mini-SD in my C550 quite happily and will be buying the 2gig version as soon as the price is right !

Most 2GB full-size SD cards work perfectly well in the appropriate phones too, though you have to be careful with card manufacturer as not all work  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've not had any problems with using my 1GB miniSD card in either my C500 or C550, and will be upgrading to 2GB as soon as "The Price is Right"

I've not had any problems with using my 1GB miniSD card in either my C500 or C550, and will be upgrading to 2GB as soon as "The Price is Right"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guys,

The web link above brings you to SD cards, Most smartphones use the miniSD. There are none available on that site (that I could see anyway,maybe I am blind!!!!). I don't think there are any manufacturers out there yet with a 2Gb miniSD?????

Guest Disco Stu

MobyMemory say :

stu,

We hope our 2GB mini-SD will be ready for release in the next 2 weeks. Keep an eye on the site for them.

Note they are high speed cards like our 1GB miniSD.

I'm guessing that we'll be looking at £120 in the first couple of weeks of release..

• 2 weeks later...
Guys, don't listen to him - they do exist.

MobyMemory said they were testing them  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If they do exist where are they??? Moby memory is only testing them???????

....would love to get one!!

Guest Disco Stu

Have just checked MobyMemory's forum and they did say 2 weeks on the 4th November so no need to panic yet. ;)

I'd give them till the end of the month. We don't want to rush them when they're carrying out vital tests, now do we ?!

Then again another forum poster reports that he was told 'end of the year' when he phoned them.

Have just checked MobyMemory's forum and they did say 2 weeks on the 4th November  so no need to panic yet.  ;)

I'd give them till the end of the month. We don't want to rush them when they're carrying out vital tests, now do we ?!

Then again another forum poster reports that he was told 'end of the year' when he phoned them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thx DS. Guess we will have to wait..... can't wait to get one though. Want to make my new SP5 my default MP3 player!

Guest UniqueTouch

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah that was me :)

I'll give them another call nearer the end of the month for an update.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest westleyl
Yeah that was me  :)

I'll give them another call nearer the end of the month for an update.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I received an e-mail at then end of last week from mobymemory which suggested a 2Gb mini-SD could be on sale this week.

Curiously the URL for their miniSD includes the magic '2GB';

http://www.mobymemory.com/1GB_2GB_mini_SD_..._MobyMemory.asp

Maybe just a useful URL for Google to index, but it could suggest they are coming soon.

;-)

• 5 months later...
Guest gurjitsh
Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody knew about 2GB mini SD availability.

I've checked on google and did a forum search and couldn't find any info.

Hi there,

Chip Hope will have very soon. I heard they are having also the semi-transparent SD cards with LED lighting inside, with speeds of 120x. Really cool. You can check out their website, www.chiphope.com or www.jhil.com.hk

Regards,

Johnny

• 1 month later...
Guest goochy1
Can mobile phones handle more than 512 MBytes SD Cards?? I've been told that mobile phones have difficulties reading SD cards more than 512MBytes!! As

I don't think there are any problems