HTC Wizard crashes with SPB Pocket Plus installed

Guest MitchellO

Guest MitchellO

When I installed SPB Pocket Plus, and reset, I found that it hanged and just would not boot. I had to hard reset. So after hard resetting, I installed it first and had a look through the settings. There is an option for "Safe Mode" that disables all today plugins and startup programs in the event you install one that causes you device not to boot.

Interestingly enough, it was the "Safe Mode" that was causing the device not to boot :).

I took the tick out of that box and viola!! It worked fine! To do it, go into settings, System tab, then SPB Pocket Plus:

spbsafemode10dd.jpgspbsafemode28sh.jpg

Have fun!! :D ;)

Guest BarnOwl

Are you using the latest build? I have no such problem on my Vario:

"Release History

Version 3.0.4 (Oct 14, 2005)

Issue with safe mode on HTC Wizard devices (QTek 9100, I-Mate K-Jam, etc ) fixed "

I tried spb over a week ago and found that it caused my phone to run terribly slow so i uninstalled it. I'll have to reinstall it and try that trick to see if it works properly. Thanks :)

Guest stevo_knuckles

I have to say that I'm not experiencing any issues with it either? I did on my m500 as did a few people when you had to sft reset all the time to get your connection back.

But no issues so far on my Vario

Guest bennish

funny i find my actually runs a lot faster - although i do experience terrible slowness on soft reset - just do a few tasks and it speeds up again (caused by memory i'm guessing).

funny i find my actually runs a lot faster - although i do experience terrible slowness on soft reset - just do a few tasks and it speeds up again (caused by memory i'm guessing).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hold in the power button in while pushing the soft reset button??

I have never tried it myself and havent looked it up so im not sure... but thats how it used to be done on the jam. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest trinitech
When I installed SPB Pocket Plus, and reset, I found that it hanged and just would not boot. I had to hard reset. So after hard resetting, I installed it first and had a look through the settings. There is an option for "Safe Mode" that disables all today plugins and startup programs in the event you install one that causes you device not to boot.

yeah i had my K-Jam crash like yours and i did have SPB Pocket Plus installed 3.x installed

i am not sure the extact build but the oldest file in the exe was dated 7/19/05

i am goin and try SPB Pocket Plus 3.04, hope that works fine just to be sure i will disable safemode also

Guest jimgeagea

i had the same problem with my k-jam

i can't find a way to fix the problem... i can't have the imate to start again!

all what i can get is the blue Windows Mobile screen... and it stays like this...

how can i fix it?

please help

• 2 months later...
Guest deejaybs

i recently got my cingular 8125 and installed the spb pocket plus and my system crashed. i tried a soft reset, didnt help, then did a full/hard reset, but when i did that, all i got was the "blue" windows screen, and that was it. does ANYONE know how to fix this problem?

Guest Alsicole

Have you checked you've got the newest version? It is supposed to be WM5.0 compatible and I'm running it without problems on my Vario.

Guest deejaybs

i do have wm 5.0, but i dont know what version my spb was, but right now it dosent matter what version i have since my 8125 is completly not working. i need to find out how to do a hard reset, because the one thats on the manual dosent seem to be working.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jonhitch

Hi All,

can I get some feedback on SPB Pocket Plus - is this now fine with WM5? I know the recent version is meant to be better however are there still any problems?

I'm thinking about potentially buying however don't want to cause problems - my unit has worked so well up to now!

Jon

Guest puckster
Hi All,

can I get some feedback on SPB Pocket Plus - is this now fine with WM5? I know the recent version is meant to be better however are there still any problems?

I'm thinking about potentially buying however don't want to cause problems - my unit has worked so well up to now!

Jon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm currently using the recently updated v3.1 of SPB PocketPlus which runs great on my k-jam. Ever since the 3.04 update that was released around Oct 05 i havent had a single problem with the app. v3.04 was the 1st version that "officially" supported WM5 with SPB's safe mode however some users still reported the safe mode compatibility issues with this version.

I think i did see one or two people having problems with v3.1 (either here or XDA Devs) but most people report its working fine.

Cheers,

Chris

Guest apw100

Has anyone found out how to hard reset or restore an MDA with this problem? My MDA hangs up on the Windows Mobile screen. How can I hard reset without being able to enter Windows? Please help!

Guest apw100

Nevermind, I found out how to do it! Hopefully this helps others...

"Hold the device facing you, depress simultaneously the voice command and WiFi (connectivity) button. One is on the right side of the device and the other is on the left side of the device. With your other hand and the stylus, press the reset and release immediately.

Remove the stylus and continue holding the two buttons until onscreen instructions appear. You will need to then press the SEND key [green phone button] (as the instructions indicate) to do a hard reset. "

• 1 month later...
Guest clacke

I had he same problems and after the screen saver kicks only a hard reset broght the system back. I sent theit tech support an e-mail and they pointed me to a fix in version 3.1.1 build 5369. You might want to get that update if you don't alreay have it.

Interestingly enough, it was the "Safe Mode" that was causing the device not to boot ;).

I took the tick out of that box and viola!! It worked fine! To do it, go into settings, System tab, then SPB Pocket Plus:

spbsafemode10dd.jpgspbsafemode28sh.jpg

Have fun!! :P ;)