Smartphone Game Emulators for C550

Guest Parallax20

Guest Skeese

i'm not saying YOU should try, i'm just asking if anyone else has (whom with manners) ......

Edited by Skeese

Guest aswath1991

I Really Need Help !

My Phone Is 02 XPhone, My Left Key (The One Above Volume Key), is Camera Shortkey

You Have Given The FakeCursor Key Settigs Only Instead Of Voice Notes !

I need the specific Registration Key Changes Instead Of The Camera, or any other key, while runniing GBA,

My Camera Is Installed Under the company IAStyle !

PLz Help

Pls

Guest soiuke

Parallax,

I've seen that somebody around the web (masterall) have developed a faster port of the PocketSnes.

I think that masterall have done a great job improving speed, but, maybe with some bug.

But your port works ok, and I think that your menus are more reliable and friendly.

In adition, masterall works with a freeware files explorer dll, so that have a popup message each time you use it (unlike your dll)

Maybe will be possible that you both gurus join efforts. Maybe a para-all or master-llax port version? ;)

Anyway, Parallax, I ask you (as I've done with masterall) if its possible to get your port code, so we can try to make some handmade mods? :roll:

Tx,

S.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TFrickel

Hi,

i have an problem with the mame emu (MAMECE3 Ver.9.50) from paralax.

It works, but every rom i converted with romcenter does not work.

As example: pacman.

When converting with 0.36 there are missing files. They are some red, some green.

Also , until now i have non rom found with playing sound. My

device is an T-Mobile SDA ii . Equal build with Qtek. QVGA

Is there any trick converting them. Or missing files ?

Or has anyone a collection of converted roms, working ?.

With regards TFrickel

Parallax,

I've seen that somebody around the web (masterall) have developed a faster port of the PocketSnes.

I think that masterall have done a great job improving speed, but, maybe with some bug.

But your port works ok, and I think that your menus are more reliable and friendly.

In adition, masterall works with a freeware files explorer dll, so that have a popup message each time you use it (unlike your dll)

Maybe will be possible that you both gurus join efforts. Maybe a para-all or master-llax port version? ;)

Anyway, Parallax, I ask you (as I've done with masterall) if its possible to get your port code, so we can try to make some handmade mods? :roll:

Tx,

S.

Guest corruption x

I'm very impressed with the modded emulators!!

I've tested out PocketSNES, PocketGnuBoy, and PocketNestor.

The latter two pretty much always worked (with a black border), so having them now properly formatted for my new T-Mobile SDA USA (QVGA) is a nice bonus.

PocketNesor: I noticed that by default, the keys on PocketNestor are mapped totally wrong. Additionally, in order for changes to take effect, the emulator has to be restarted. A bit of an inconveniance, though once it's set up, it's fine.

PocketGnuBoy: I love it!! The best just became better!

PocketSNES: Well, this one you probably knew was trouble. It didn't used to work at all (for more than about 10 seconds) on my old SMT5600 nor on my SDA USA, so having it now working is a huge bonus! It no longer freezes! My Issues:

- Doesn't accept .smc.zip files (compressed roms). No biggie, but the other two emulators took compressed roms no problem.

- No sound! Sound is by default not enabled. Enabling sound will either freeze the game or just not enable sound anyway. When the ROM is reset, the sound is automatically back to the disabled position.

- It's slow. (T-Mobile SDA USA) I doubt there's much that can be done about that, but well, who knows!

- In portrait mode, the right side of the screen is slightly chopped off

- I prefer the key setting method of PocketGnuBoy and PocketNestor to this. No big deal.

PocketMameCE3: I could barely get any games to run. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? Almost every game would just jump me back to the MAMECE3 splash screen pretty much immediatelly. My desktop version of MAME was able to run all these games no problem. What I'd like to see? heh heh, I'd like to see Marvel vs Capcom running on my cell phone :devil:

The File->Open dialogue is a bit messy (on all the emulators), but I don't think you had anything to do with that... You have to first go "down" to get to the file list, then select the file, click the action key, and then select "open" to open the ROM. This is the same in all three emulators, and I'm assuming is a result of that .dll file you used, and not your own work. But whatever!

...I guess that's it. Great work! I'm glad someone with coding abilities finally took it in their hands to update these ancient emulators! Thanks!!

Edited by corruption x

• 1 month later...
Guest dnaproductions

Hi Parallax first off keep up the blinding work dude, well done and secondly i can't seem to get pico drive to work on my C550 (Unlocked), whenever i try to open the exe it says 'Unable to open the file the system returned this error, Access Denied' i know my h/set is unlocked i have loads of other progs on here.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Guest Parallax20
Hi Parallax first off keep up the blinding work dude, well done and secondly i can't seem to get pico drive to work on my C550 (Unlocked), whenever i try to open the exe it says 'Unable to open the file the system returned this error, Access Denied' i know my h/set is unlocked i have loads of other progs on here.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Its been a while since I look at this thread. The only thing I can think of is to have your phone Application Unlocked. This is different to having your phone unlocked to a specific mobile network. Do a search for "Application Unlock" and you'll find what you need.

Parallax

Guest dnaproductions
Its been a while since I look at this thread. The only thing I can think of is to have your phone Application Unlocked. This is different to having your phone unlocked to a specific mobile network. Do a search for "Application Unlock" and you'll find what you need.

Parallax

Hi Parallax

Thanks for the reply, my C550 is app unlocked not network unlocked, working for Orange i don't think they would let me unlock it just yet lol. It's very strange because a collegue has managed to install no probs but i get the eror, both phones are app unlocked.

Mark

Guest Parallax20
Hi Parallax

Thanks for the reply, my C550 is app unlocked not network unlocked, working for Orange i don't think they would let me unlock it just yet lol. It's very strange because a collegue has managed to install no probs but i get the eror, both phones are app unlocked.

Mark

Hi,

Thats very strange. I don't know what else to suggest. May be try running the exes from your phone memory rather than from sd card.

Parallax

Guest Lindopski

first off parralax thanks for the ace emulators.

Being an spv c550 owner I find masteralls emulators sadly wont work properly on my phone.

I am lucky that for a time at least you had the same phone as me , and your versions work great.

have you any plans for updates or is that it now.

Guest Parallax20
first off parralax thanks for the ace emulators.

Being an spv c550 owner I find masteralls emulators sadly wont work properly on my phone.

I am lucky that for a time at least you had the same phone as me , and your versions work great.

have you any plans for updates or is that it now.

Hi,

Thanks for trying out my versions of the emu. I initially ported these over last year due to lack of available emus for QVGA smartphones, and having a look around the forum there seems to be much more on offer now. So its hard for me to justify spending any more time on these now. Plus I've moved on from the C550 and now have a HTC Universal (MDA Pro), so I may consider developing for that.

Parallax.

Edited by Parallax20

Guest rocks9

Parallax,

I just got a Motorola Q that runs windows mobile 5 and the screen is 320X240 The emulators run great on the phone but was wondering if you knew of any place I could get a hold of a NES emulator that would run the full 320X240 of my screen. The portrait mode works best on my phone with your emulators, it is just that it is small because the screen is Landscape.

Guest Parallax20
Parallax,

I just got a Motorola Q that runs windows mobile 5 and the screen is 320X240 The emulators run great on the phone but was wondering if you knew of any place I could get a hold of a NES emulator that would run the full 320X240 of my screen. The portrait mode works best on my phone with your emulators, it is just that it is small because the screen is Landscape.

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't know which versions out there would have the scaling function you are after. To be honest emus will only look good in their original resolution. Scaling routines are definitely possible as its been used in PocketGnuboy, although there will be slight performance hit in using the built in GDI scaling routines.

Parallax.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest drwaltoa

Thanks for the great emulators - gnuboy works great on my c550. I've just been wondering if you knew any good key configs for the phone - the tiny joystick on the phone won't let you move diagonally on zelda or duck and move at the same time on warioland, and it's a bit of a pain. Any ideas?

Guest Twilight.Cruiser
Hi everybody,

[...]

MameCE3 (M.A.M.E) MameCE3_QVGA_25_01_06.rar

- This is a fairly cut down version of the full Mame32. It supports 200+ games but can be enabled for more depending on hardware emulated.

- To "OK" the legal notice screen use LEFT->RIGHT directional keys

- Added key configuration screen

- Fix default mame key quirks

- Game screen now shrinks to display size. Some games may be difficult to view on low-res phones.

- Menu option to turn auto scaling on/off

- Improved screen scaling but still a bit slow.

- Use * and # to adjust frameskip rate.

- Added option to refresh game list

- Sound enabled - but nothing to get too excited about.

[...]

Hi Kien Phan,

thanks for posting those really nice Smartphone QVGA Emulators! :)

There are to very less apps 'n games supporting smartphones with QVGA resolution...! :)

But I've some trouble with the QVGA MAME Emulator you've posted.

Generally, it seems to work, because the start screen splashes up and all softkeys / functions work as well.

But unfoetunately I'm not able to load any ROM file at all! I've a separate folder with some zipped ROM files into, and I've copied some into thze same folder like the MameCE3.exe is located in. I've tried to...

(*) ...copy the ZIP file into that folder.

(*) ...extract the ZIP archive's content in a folder that is at the same folder 'level' like MeameCE3.exe.

(*) ...extract the ZIP file's content directly into the same path like MameCE3.exe is located in (with no sub-folder).

But neither of these three tries was successfull - the Game List stayed empty!

Intermittend, I had a list of many ROMs / Games inside the Game List - but I've no idea how tat happened! Trying to load any of those games resulted in a message saying that "no ROM file can be found"! Meanwhile, the Game List is empty again...! ;)

So where and in which format I have to copy the ROM files / ZIP archives to?

Is there anything else I have to take into account?

Guest ninjaw
Generally, it seems to work, because the start screen splashes up and all softkeys / functions work as well.

But unfoetunately I'm not able to load any ROM file at all! I've a separate folder with some zipped ROM files into, and I've copied some into thze same folder like the MameCE3.exe is located in. I've tried to...

Check the whole thread, you need very specific versions, try a roms folder like every mame

Guest Twilight.Cruiser
Check the whole thread, you need very specific versions, try a roms folder like every mame
Thanks for answer! I think I've found the answer and it works. Making a "ROMs" folder (case insensitive) folder and copying the ZIP files in there worked!

Meanwhile, I also know why so many games appeared without the chance to open them: When activating "Game -> Show all Games" in the left menue, It seems that all generally supported ROMs are showen, regardless if the ROM files are present or not.

Since that time I've 'only' some problems with the key assignment, i. e. I don't know which key to pass the licence information (even I succeeded, but I don't know how!) or how to start and control the games itself. But I'll fix it by taking some time for reading this thread carefully and configuring out a reasonable key assignment! :)

Edited by Twilight.Cruiser

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Phoenyx

I have question, i couldnt help notice that on Picodrive any rom that is over 2mb it causes my phone to crash and consequently i have to pull the battery (quite annoying), im running an Mpx 220 with Windows Mobile 2003, Second edition, does anyone know a way to load this games?.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Lindopski

I use MAMECE and PCMAME on my spv c550, i prefer PCMAME to be honest but both are good programs.

does anyone have an idea what version of MAME roms these two support though, its a nuisance chucking roms across to the SPV to discover they just go to a black screen and wont run.its something like mame 0.34 or something but im not 100% sure of the exact version , also is there a way I can organise my roms on the pc into version 0.3whatever for transmission to the spv I believe there is a prog called mameclr or something but i havent ever used it.

Is there in fact a list of tried and tested roms that work on MAMECE and PCMAME

I can confirm ghosts n goblins on PCMAME (at a slow rate on my phone however)

Frogger works on MAMECE.

• 1 month later...
Guest djuuss

Dude, awesome awesome work. Nothing beats beeing able to play those old genesis/snes gems like Rock and Roll racing, Starflight and Final Fantasy in the train, especially the PicoDrive works like a charm. I'm fiddling with the CPU/frameskip settings to get the SNES playing a bit smoother as well, but its definitly playable already.

Seeing as how normal pocketsnes locks up when loading a ROM, i'm happy to find emulators for the c550.

So in short: Thanks!!

• 4 months later...
Guest vleselijke man

Dude, you are brilliant. I was so disappointed when the SNES and GB emu's didn't run on my c550 but I finally stumbled on this thread. You rule :)